EUC World 2.4 now available in Google Play

Seba

3 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Will older versions of eucw remain compatible and supported for a while, or is the code changing and the site will require newest versions?

2.2.1 compatibility will be maintained for some time. Of course some new site features will require version 2.4, but definitely I won't break compatibility for previous EUC World version for some time, so no worry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Will older versions of eucw remain compatible and supported for a while, or is the code changing and the site will require newest versions?

Could always be wrong but if the present whatever version of EUC World currently works, I don't see why it won't continue to work if you don't upgrade. The only issue that I can foresee would be if the newest latest droid OS you upgrade to may not work with the older EUC World versions.

The following could be Kingsong related (KS16X) or due to EUCWorld not anymore being battery optimised by Android (2.4 invites you to disable the setting, so did I).

It appears that I'd like EUCWorld to start with my phone, run in the background, connect to my wheel when I start it, and remain quiet when I stop it, waiting quietly in the background that I start the wheel again.

But as soon as I shut down the wheel, EUCWorld makes my phone vibrate periodically to state that it cannot connect to the wheel (I know... I did shut it down 😀). To stop vibrations, I need to stop EUCWorld manually. During a regular day, I can make many small trips, and I don't want to start and stop EUC each time, manually. So to be honest, I'll stop using EUCWorld during my day and trips, and I'll only use it in the evening to monitor the charging process. Sad 😢

3 minutes ago, Tokumeino said:

But as soon as I shut down the wheel, EUCWorld makes my phone vibrate periodically to state that it cannot connect to the wheel (I know... I did shut it down 😀). To stop vibrations, I need to stop EUCWorld manually. During a regular day, I can make many small trips, and I don't want to start and stop EUC each time, manually. So to be honest, I'll stop using EUCWorld during my day and trips, and I'll only use it in the evening to monitor the charging process. Sad 😢

In next version I will add option to completely disable connection lost alarm.

• Like 1

Just now, Tokumeino said:

Thank you so much ! Very appreciated. As it, it is very intrusive.

It's intended to be intrusive. It's important safety feature, because if you use EUC World to get vaious safety alarms (like speed, overload, overheat etc.), they won't work during a connection loss condition. So this alarm is here to let you know that there is a connection problem and you can't rely on most of EUC World safety features. Normally, you can just tap on a blinking wheel to disable auto-connecting, so alarm won't sound/vibrate. But I understand your use case, so I will add possibility to disable this alarm, with all consequences. If you don't use EUC World alarms, disabling connection lost alarm won't affect you.

• Like 3

I understand this safety thing related to alarms and it makes totally sense.

While on feature requests, the number of panels/screens grows and IMO, it would be nice to get able to reorder them at will and even disable unused ones (such as the speed/amps graph and the live data in my own case), to fit personal preferences. That would however be a cherry on the cake and should not sit too high in your priority list.

It actually would be more important to me if the max speed could be set to max_legal when we hit the button to enforce regulatory compliance 😁 And reset the speed history graph as well : it could help us, good citizens, to develop good and peaceful relations with policemen 😛

25 minutes ago, Tokumeino said:

Actually, the option is already there ;-) My mistake.

I also forgot that I already added this to 2.4... :facepalm: It must be a Post-Covid Syndrome... :whistling:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pev junkie said:

Will the TP-Link - Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini HS105 work?

It does not look like it has the energy monitoring function required.

Love the new update!

I might get the TP-Link to test it all the new features. Thank you so much @Seba!

I had few question and wishes listed below:

1.) For charging limitation could we have 95%, 85% and maybe even 75% setting (maybe replace the low values)?

2.) When you use the charge limitation with app, will the BMS balance? (My device MSP)

3.) Are all the charging settings behind premium payment or just some of it?

4.) I was trying to find tiltback speed limit, where do I find it again?

17 minutes ago, Tasku said:

1.) For charging limitation could we have 95%, 85% and maybe even 75% setting (maybe replace the low values)?

The battery level limit signifies, that the charging will stop once the wheel reports this charge % value. As this corresponds directly to the battery voltage, the real charge status will be lower.

So, for example charging ncr18650ga with 1A (~0.3C) reaches ~95% if stopped once the wheel shows 100%. (https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh (Red) UK.html)

Charging with 1C should leave one with about 85% (https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries Table 2)

So imho usefull limits would be:

- no limit: afaik the 100% setting now

- ~85-95% (real state of charge): End of C(onstant)C(urrent) phase. Charge stop once reported charge percent go from 99 to 100%. The uncertainty (85-95% arise from unknown used battery type and charge current)

- 50% (real state of charge): for inbetween charges while storing the wheel. Should correspond to some ~55-65% reported from the wheel at charge stop.

- Maybe 2-3 steps between so users can adopt to their chargers/batteries.

17 minutes ago, Tasku said:

2.) When you use the charge limitation with app, will the BMS balance? (My device MSP)

No. As this will stop the charging during the CC stage no balancing will happen, as this starts at the CV(oltage) phase.

So charge level limit has to be set to 100% for balancing to happen.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tasku said:

Battery percents are very rough charge approximation. In fact, real charge may vary by even 20 % from value reported by the wheel. Adding more fine-grained charge limit will only complicate the app and won't give any benefit. More, while there is a charge limit feature, I strongly discourage from using this feature on a regular basis as this will effectively inhibit battery balancing phase. My recommendation is to charge to full with balancing phase enabled.

90 % displayed during charging and 90 % displayed during ride are completely different states of charge.

50 minutes ago, Tasku said:

No. Balancing phase occurs at the very end of charging phase when battery voltage reaches maximum value (67.2V, 84 V, 100.8 V etc.). By charging battery to a value below 100%, charger will be disconnected at lower voltage, so there's no chance for BMS balancer to kick in.

53 minutes ago, Tasku said:

3.) Are all the charging settings behind premium payment or just some of it?

You can get HS110 readouts (like voltage, current, power etc.) without Premium. But in general entire charging controller is a Premium feature.

55 minutes ago, Tasku said:

4.) I was trying to find tiltback speed limit, where do I find it again?

You can set it in "Wheel" settings. It's called "Speed limit".

• Like 2

Thank you @Seba

One more idea/request for Android:

Euc World Widget!

Customising functions would be nice. I would use functions such as: Lock/unlock wheel / Turn wheel off.

Sadly my MSP does not currently support these(?) but I am sure others would love em. (And if they can work with my wheel then please activate em!) 

I know I can set em as: One tap, double tap and push&hold function. But I am worried activating these by accident while the app screen is open. I like to attach my phone to my arm (jogger wristband for phone) and monitor. My favourite gauge function is the light toggle with double tapping.

Edited by Tasku
edit

39 minutes ago, Tasku said:

But I am worried activating these by accident while the app screen is open.

Don't be afraid :) All these functions are protected. So you won't lock or turn off the wheel when you're moving etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paradox said:

It does not look like it has the energy monitoring function required.

Ok thanks. Looking for a lower cost option in the US. That HS110 is $134 ! I found this

https://topgreener.com/product/heavy-duty-smart-wi-fi-plug-in-15a-with-energy-monitoring-white/

Seba, could you get this to work? Or any other lower cost One? 

Edited by Pev junkie