EUC World 2.4 now available in Google Play

Seba

2 hours ago, Seba said:

A hotfix update 2.4.1 has been published in Google Play. This update fixes two issues that was present in 2.4.0:

1. Fixed problem: wheel speed was not recorded with tour.

tnx man, really appreciate the new version, recorded a tour this evening and faced the n°1 problem ;)

https://euc.world/tour/594550788723183

Edited by EMA

2.4.1, MSX 84V, tour looks great here...

HS110 smartplug worked straight away too.

@Seba in charging control, if I select 100% as the threshold, what condition causes it to switch-off the charger?
(I noticed that if the charger is not plugged into the EUC, and 0 watts input power reporting, it switches off automatically after about 15 seconds...)

Thx

7 hours ago, null said:

Speaking of 100% charge and smart outlets, (I use DB but points stands:

It would be nice with 100% +30min or +1h for the balancing and round up approximations.

I did question this earlier when TP110 support was announced.....and I asked if the user could set a minimum amperage draw to decide when the charger would switch off. It was said that EUCW control would 'know' when to stop...I'm not sure how though...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

@Seba in charging control, if I select 100% as the threshold, what condition causes it to switch-off the charger?

As far as i understand it every value below 100% causes a charge stop once this percentage is reached.

So this means a stop once the charger reaches a certain voltage whilst the CV phase. Take a look at my 70% trial graph in https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/18317-battery-faq/?do=findComment&comment=307641

8 hours ago, null said:

It would be nice with 100% +30min or +1h for the balancing and round up approximations.

My information from @Seba is that with the point "Disable Battery Balancing" charging is stopped once the charger plus battery burdens around 30W. Depending on the chargers base consumption and battery capacity this is mostly a fine value for a normal, recommemded charge stop.

With this option disabled it charges about one hour more - so much more thouroughly balancing can happen.

So - your wish is the standard option! Full charge to real 100% state of charge plus one hour.

• Like 1

Howdy,

Been using your app for months and I love it. Thanks for all your hard work.

I was happy to see that the current/speed chart has been updated to show mph (if selected).

However, there are still some instances where the wrong unit is shown.  For example, when I swipe my phone's screen down to show my phone's notifications, then EUCworld shows the distance and the temperature both in km and celsius respectively. See pic

Also, I use the pebble watch, and I noticed the temperature is always in celsius.  See pic .  You will also see in this photo that the speed shows 9mph as somewhat of a "default".  Once I connect to my wheel and roll it, then the speed updates.  Not sure why it reverts to 9 otherwise! (Note: you may notice that my pebble app looks a little different. I'm using a modified version, but I noticed the same issues on the standard version)

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

My information from @Seba is that with the point "Disable Battery Balancing" charging is stopped once the charger plus battery burdens around 30W. 

30w at 100v is 0.3A. From my data, my wheel was still balancing down to about .15A, and was only showing a rocksteady current draw when it hit about .1A.

Which, handily enough, was about 45minutes after. So for me, an hour should be just about right without trickle charging the batts needlessly.

Doesn't mean to say all wheels and chargers will be the same though. Without wanting to criticise Sebas work, I still think it would be nice to have a user-adjustable current cut-off.

31 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Which, handily enough, was about 45minutes after. So for me, an hour should be just about right without trickle charging the batts needlessly.

If you don't disable balancing phase and set charging to 100 %, charging will end about an hour after load will drop below 30 Watts.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Seba said:

If you don't disable balancing phase and set charging to 100 %, charging will end about an hour after load will drop below 30 Watts.

Yeah that's confirming what I said bud, obviously lost in translation :) So the 45 mins shown on my charger before the current went static is about right.

7 hours ago, Heffjansen said:

However, there are still some instances where the wrong unit is shown.  For example, when I swipe my phone's screen down to show my phone's notifications, then EUCworld shows the distance and the temperature both in km and celsius respectively. See pic

Thanks, it will be fixed.

7 hours ago, Heffjansen said:

Also, I use the pebble watch, and I noticed the temperature is always in celsius.  See pic .  You will also see in this photo that the speed shows 9mph as somewhat of a "default".  Once I connect to my wheel and roll it, then the speed updates.  Not sure why it reverts to 9 otherwise! (Note: you may notice that my pebble app looks a little different. I'm using a modified version, but I noticed the same issues on the standard version)

This is a problem with modified Pebble application.

• Like 1

Many thanks for this interesting update! :efefae4566:

About major change #3 ("Option to continue last finished tour when starting new tour recording. This is possible if new tour starting point is located within 200 meters from finish location of last tour and last tour was finished no more than 6 hours earlier."):

I have checked "Start (tour recording) when wheel is connected". In this situation, I think is impossible to continue with the last tour, because a new "last" tour is started (the actual tour).

My suggestion: if this option is checked & we dont have make movement, will be a good option appear the possibility to continue with the "real" last tour and reject the current null tour (without km or change of place)

Edited by Halig
  • Like 1

BTW:  I just make some test with GNSS (dual frecuency) and odometer and with the new option to correct the speed and distance, the real values comes with -6% in both paramethers in order to have real data in speed and distance. Model V11 and 2.1 bar. Great option! thanks!

image.png

Edited by Halig
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Halig said:

BTW:  I just make some test with GNSS (dual frecuency) and odometer and with the new option to correct the speed and distance, the real values comes with -6% in both paramethers in order to have real data in speed and distance. Model V11 and 2.1 bar. Great option! thanks!

image.png

I recently heard on here and on Facebook, that -6% is also the amount that has been recommended to set for correction of the Veteran Sherman.  I should get to try this out later today, but just wanted to say thanks a lot @Seba for this fantastic New update and all the other great advances it contains.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

What are the changes in update 2.4.2? If they are internal changes, don't worry, it is not important. It is simply to try what is new.

So far, everything I have tried works perfectly.

A small suggestion: If we are in a submenu that requires scrolling down, when we return to the main menu, it stays at the bottom of the menu and we have to go back to the top. I suggest that when going back you stay at the top. Or, ideally, if possible, in the same position we were previously

An unimportant detail for how impressive the app is elegant (even more so) and functional.

And another suggestion for the future: make a "Basic" mode in which the functions that most people will not use (I know, hard to decide) are automatically removed. I will always use the "Advanced" mode, but I think the app can be made more attractive initially by putting that Basic / Advanced mode option in the initial setup wizard for many people who get lost in so many options.

53 minutes ago, Halig said:

What are the changes in update 2.4.2?

It's a minor hotfix that should resolve some rare but ugly problem with blank tour list on euc.world website.

• Like 1

I use the Belkin Wemo Insight switch that has energy monitoring.  Any chance these switches will work with EUC.WORLD in the future or will I have to go buy new smart switches? Thanks for a great app! 

On 1/21/2021 at 6:45 AM, Seba said:

Battery charging controller, utilising TP-Link HS110 smartplug. Charging control can be used to actively monitor and control battery charging process and terminate charging when battery is fully charged, after balancing phase. User can also define battery level at which charging is terminated (this requires wheel to be connected during entire charging process). Safety timer may also be set to terminate charging after defined time. Note: this is a "Premium" feature.

33 minutes ago, Paradox said:

I use the Belkin Wemo Insight switch that has energy monitoring.  Any chance these switches will work with EUC.WORLD in the future or will I have to go buy new smart switches? Thanks for a great app! 

I plan to do some research on Belkin WeMo Insigth communication protocol and if it will provide the same features HS110 offers, I will also add WeMo to suppported devices.

2 minutes ago, Seba said:

I plan to do some research on Belkin WeMo Insigth communication protocol and if it will provide the same features HS110 offers, I will also add WeMo to suppported devices.

Great! The TP-Link switch is hard to find here in the US and it is expensive when found.

• Like 1

I understand that to have data on this screen (more than the voltage, which is already on another), you need to buy that TP-Link HS110, right?. This screen is from other guy.

Suggestions:

1. In that case, I suggest that, if you don't have it, like smart watch, .. it doesn't show up.
  2. Customize which screens you want. For example: I do not use that of the graphs (Although I would love to have here the same graphs that are shown on the web)
  3. Customize screens cycle or not cycle (like now), so you don't have to go back to the first screen from the last.

Ideas without more :) 

image.png