New f-wheel product : icarbot

Berus

No thanks... Why would anyone want to be mistaken for riding a bathroom scale down the street?

Funny how China just trolled Japan with this rip off though.  Here's the original concept.  Supposed to be released spring of 2016 for $800.. Too much for too little and too late. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiQTTmPR5Hc

Jesse Jin, that's really funny. You sell F-wheel stuff so of course you'd say it looks good. Anyhow, to each his own. Minus rep-ing my post doesn't do anything to change what I said. BA-B8 was the one who actually called it a bathroom scale. And yeah, there's some resemblance!

21 hours ago, playdad said:

Jesse Jin, that's really funny. You sell F-wheel stuff so of course you'd say it looks good. Anyhow, to each his own. Minus rep-ing my post doesn't do anything to change what I said. BA-B8 was the one who actually called it a bathroom scale. And yeah, there's some resemblance!

Good point, however nothing can meet everyone's taste and needs. CCTV has reported this product on 9th December http://www.fwheel.cc/Latest-Trends-Self-Balancing-Electric-Unicycle/icarbot-CCTV-News-Broadcast.html please witness this big sell when start selling on 29th December. You will be amazed.

Maybe I'll be amazed and maybe I won't. But good luck on your sales. Chinese roads and pavements are hardly smooth... I know because I have lived in the premier Chinese cities Shanghai and Beijing for 7 years. I'm not sure how they would use this... at home? In the office? Maybe at the airport like in your photo. Heck, the roads in the capital Beijing (outside 东四环 or East 4th Ring) often have holes in them. I drive over them all the time! And pavements often aren't friendly for small wheels! Japan is a different story... those things might be usable there.

Jesse.  The concept is nice but I think if people use this in the streets it won't work too well and it just doesn't look too cool.  I still think it looks like a bathroom scale.  Indoors it can be useful, for example to videographers which can use it for shooting smooth video.  Maybe you can rent them out at airports or shopping malls, also seniors might find it easier to use because it's more stable than a hoverboard or EUC.

If people don't want to ride these you can still use this concept for other things.  Looking at your picture with the airline attendant, maybe you can expand on this idea of this flat platform base to create a line of luggage bags with a small battery inside.  These bags can follow along with someone with a smartphone app using NFC or bluetooth communication.  Imagine someone walking through an airport alone with like 6 luggage bags following along behind like puppies.  Or create some heavy duty industrial versions for shipping companies to put large packages on that can be easily moved around and by using an app or wifi direct the platforms to different areas of a warehouse.  Just some ideas... good luck.

Since it has ALL 4 wheels and no gyro scope and no handle like Segway,  I wonder how it steers and make turns. There could be more useful things you can do other than riding it, as BA-B8 said. "Indoor rentals" is one good market since virtually no training needed. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced it could do better in other areas rather than just for riding. 

I dont want to put too fine a point on it, but this device is not really a unicycle. Is it really necessary to discuss this in the General Section of this forum? Would it not be more appropriate to shift it to the Off Topic section? Or even better, to move it to a forum for electric skateboards, motorised bathroom scales or geriatric assistive devices?

6 hours ago, Patrick Carroll said:

@playdad

I only down voted your post because you were using a recognized derogatory slur against Japanese people.

@Patrick Carroll

Huh? What slur? There was nothing racist about my post. Laptop coolers? That's what their version of the 4-wheeled platform looked like!

So I googled and found it was "Jap". Well sorry but that is a common abbreviation used by lots of people I know and on the internet itself. Just a way to shorten the word for most of us rather than to spell out "Japanese". If you think about It, it wouldn't have been a "slur" if not for its "less than ideal" usage by the Americans etc during WW2 etc. It's unfortunate that a very convenient and practical way of identifying Japanese has been considered a racial slur by some after the War. It would probably not have been one if not for the War. But that was not my intention and so I feel my conscience is clear.

Anyway, I don't plan to sidetrack this thread so on with the laptop cooler and bathroom scale!

18 hours ago, playdad said:

Maybe I'll be amazed and maybe I won't. But good luck on your sales. Chinese roads and pavements are hardly smooth... I know because I have lived in the premier Chinese cities Shanghai and Beijing for 7 years. I'm not sure how they would use this... at home? In the office? Maybe at the airport like in your photo. Heck, the roads in the capital Beijing (outside 东四环 or East 4th Ring) often have holes in them. I drive over them all the time! And pavements often aren't friendly for small wheels! Japan is a different story... those things might be usable there.

It's right, but flat ground is becoming more and more popular in China, its the trend. Many friends in China are pre-ordering. By the way, Japan version is not in mass production, but we are ahead of them.

12 hours ago, BA-B8 said:

Jesse.  The concept is nice but I think if people use this in the streets it won't work too well and it just doesn't look too cool.  I still think it looks like a bathroom scale.  Indoors it can be useful, for example to videographers which can use it for shooting smooth video.  Maybe you can rent them out at airports or shopping malls, also seniors might find it easier to use because it's more stable than a hoverboard or EUC.

If people don't want to ride these you can still use this concept for other things.  Looking at your picture with the airline attendant, maybe you can expand on this idea of this flat platform base to create a line of luggage bags with a small battery inside.  These bags can follow along with someone with a smartphone app using NFC or bluetooth communication.  Imagine someone walking through an airport alone with like 6 luggage bags following along behind like puppies.  Or create some heavy duty industrial versions for shipping companies to put large packages on that can be easily moved around and by using an app or wifi direct the platforms to different areas of a warehouse.  Just some ideas... good luck.

Not really, you'll see it is as cool as a hoverboard but safer than the hoverboard. Hoverboard needs flad ground too.  This board will be able to follow people around and carry luggage for people automatically controlled by the cell phone with its next version. 

5 hours ago, Noam said:

I dont want to put too fine a point on it, but this device is not really a unicycle. Is it really necessary to discuss this in the General Section of this forum? Would it not be more appropriate to shift it to the Off Topic section? Or even better, to move it to a forum for electric skateboards, motorised bathroom scales or geriatric assistive devices?

Maybe :)

11 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

I bought one of those to move my plants around.... Now my plant can move itself to the perfect sunny location...

Interesting:)

2 hours ago, Jesse Jin said:

It's right, but flat ground is becoming more and more popular in China, its the trend. Many friends in China are pre-ordering. By the way, Japan version is not in mass production, but we are ahead of them.

Not really, you'll see it is as cool as a hoverboard but safer than the hoverboard. Hoverboard needs flad ground too.  This board will be able to follow people around and carry luggage for people automatically controlled by the cell phone with its next version. 

Maybe :)

Interesting:)

Yeah yeah whatever.. so hey is that your picture?  If so.. you're hot.  LOL :wub:

6 minutes ago, playdad said:

Don't get too excited yet. Lots of Chinese doods put pictures of hot girls in their profiles. Especially those in marketing or sales. :P;)

WHY RUIN THE FANTASY?!!!

6a00d8341bf90553ef01a511da034e970c-pi

31 minutes ago, playdad said:

Don't get too excited yet. Lots of Chinese doods put pictures of hot girls in their profiles. Especially those in marketing or sales. :P;)

So true :) ..and..she never said it was in fact her, she just said... man, thank you :) 

in fact, its guys who normally say "man" to another man. Girls usually don't :) although, maybe chinese girls do, who knows :) 

Archived