Is it safe?

Gren :)

ok so a couple days ago my dad ordered me a 600$ hoverboard from macys. I never saw the explosions or the bad things that can happen so i was all up for it but today  i look back on macys when i first looked i saw 2 but today i saw 1 and i ordered the one that got removed ;( 

Do you guys think its safe? 

I doubt Macy's knows which is safe or not and are just playing it safe. Hmm that came out weird. Are you able to ask for a refund since they pulled the product?

The only way to know for sure is to open it up and check the batteries. Short of that, never charge the batteries overnight and leave the board in a safe spot with little flammable material nearby. Make sure to unplug soon after it's charged. Be gentle with the board.. try not to knock it around too much as that could damage the internals in a poorly built unit. Also avoid working it hard in warmer weather.

I would definitely think you could return it for a refund, even if Macy's didn't usually allow that. I don't think they would refuse a refund if there is a risk the board will catch fire. Not sure what your intended use is but I don't think a lot of us in the forum see the hoverboard as more than a toy.

Archived