My two cents on riding a new V8F from a new older rider...Part 2.

Rodo

Hi all,

It's been about a month since I got my inmotion v8f. I can now ride without falling off (mostly). 

This weekend I took my first fall, at low speed, and I scrape my right knee. I also hit my right hip. I don't remember hitting my hip but the minor pain told me I hit it ... lol. No major damage at all but that told me not to leave the knee pads at home anymore (duh!). As I was slowing down, at a traffic light to stop, the EUC veer towards the street (I was on the sidewalk) and I panic because I didn't want it to end up on the street and hit by a car so I reached down to hold it as I got off of it with my right leg but I guess I was going too fast and I fell forward ...with my left foot still on the EUC I managed to hold on to the EUC but my right knee kissed the sidewalk pavement. I was wearing jeans and I was surprised they didn't rip. 

Going fast is easy ... going slow not so easy... going slow while avoiding object (poles, fire hydrant, etc) needs some work...lol

Going really fast is really easy and I can't avoid to hit the limit every time. I kept stepping the speed limit with the app as I got better (5, 10, 15, not limit! miles/h). It didn't take long to start hitting the limit and getting the tilt back at every step. Now with no limit (21 miles/h is max on the v8f) still manage to hit the limit rather quickly. How do you guys not do that? I guess I just have the need for speed. Hopefully the knee scrape will slow me down... I won't be on it for a couple of weeks while I fully heal.

This is soooo much fun!

Enjoy and be safe. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rodo said:

Going really fast is really easy and I can't avoid to hit the limit every time. I kept stepping the speed limit with the app as I got better (5, 10, 15, not limit! miles/h). It didn't take long to start hitting the limit and getting the tilt back at every step. Now with no limit (21 miles/h is max on the v8f) still manage to hit the limit rather quickly. How do you guys not do that? I guess I just have the need for speed. Hopefully the knee scrape will slow me down... I won't be on it for a couple of weeks while I fully heal.

Going fast is definitely fun and I often was riding the limit on my V8. If you're asking the secret to not going full tilt, perhaps it's obvious, but after sacrificing to the EUC gods, you just tilt less. Think smaller thoughts, stand more upright and only "suggest" moving forward.

5 hours ago, Rodo said:

checkbook tool ?

Among the many tools you can use to deal with a problem, one is writing a cheque/check (I just realized how old school that sounds in the era of plastic money and electronic transfer). For instance: What is the best way to remove the old shingles from your roof? Answer: use the checkbook tool and a younger back will do it for you.

One effective way to stay below the max speed of the wheel is to buy a faster wheel! Win Win all around. But it requires the checkbook tool.

checkbook tool ... :lol:  You confused me when you added the word "tool" :unsure:. I do use checks but only when I pay uncle Sam (US government). Faster wheel ...nah ... I'm at the limit of the weight I want to carry. 

• Like 1