What is the minimal (0 %) voltage of S18?

Zopper

well if its the same as all other KS wheels made in the last few years it should be 3.0V per cell making it in a 20S3P setup 60V as being empty.. meaning it will kick you off, unrideable... this is however resting battery level, so keep in mind there will be some sag on the pack especially during more demanding tasks so it could kick you off long before its actually empty, you should try to avoid ever getting to this.. as for the hard tiltback and just making your ride uncomfortable well thats down the the specific wheel and its specific firmware so you would have to either find it in some update notes somewhere or test it.. i believe they said below 30% battery which should be ~67V down to ~64V and then below that your ride will suck and you should just walk it.. this is just an estimate again, im not privy to the exact firmware specs but i believe that is what it is for the S18 and 16X with the 18XL 2000W performing very slightly better

• Like 1

@Rywokast Thanks. I know how it works and I hate getting under 30 %. I just want to compare apples to apples when looking at different EUCs and what range I can realistically expect. With every manufacturer (and sometimes wheel) having a different 0 % voltage (and with the mess that V11's Go Home mode brought),  the number of Wh stated on a battery pack is just a rough indicator. 

Edited by Zopper
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Zopper said:

@Rywokast Thanks. I know how it works and I hate getting under 30 %. I just want to compare apples to apples when looking at different EUCs and what range I can realistically expect. With every manufacturer (and sometimes wheel) having a different 0 % voltage (and with the mess that V11's Go Home mode brought),  the number of Wh stated on a battery pack is just a rough indicator. 

aah ok.. well KS wheels have always had the best battery life.. comparing the same size wheel and the same speed a KS wheel will always get you further

14 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

aah ok.. well KS wheels have always had the best battery life.. comparing the same size wheel and the same speed a KS wheel will always get you further

At the cost of deeper discharge, so one has to be more careful and it shortens the lifetime of the battery even more. But I think it is good that you can choose and when you really need to get the last few km, you don't have to walk next to the wheel. 

10 minutes ago, Zopper said:

At the cost of deeper discharge, so one has to be more careful and it shortens the lifetime of the battery even more. But I think it is good that you can choose and when you really need to get the last few km, you don't have to walk next to the wheel. 

yea, but its not really considered a deep discharge some manufacturers say to not go below 2.4V some even as low as >2.0 being safe.. so i think 3.0 is still a super cautious number and no more damaging to the batteries than the 3.15V or 3.3V of other wheels batteries..i think as long as you are aware, then its a good thing... because one wheel will get you there at your normal pace while the other wheel the last bit of the ride will be at a snails pace, realistically once you arrive at your destination both wheels would still be very close in battery level.. but yea its true going down to a super low battery percentage should be a last resort its always better to keep the batteries above ~"20%" charge if you can

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Rywokast said:

well if its the same as all other KS wheels made in the last few years it should be 3.0V per cell

Isn’t the 16X only 3.15V per cell? Not sure though, but I thought the S18 was at well.

18 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Isn’t the 16X only 3.15V per cell? Not sure though, but I thought the S18 was at well.

is it? that would be news to me... i have never owned one but i thought both it and the S18 were 3.0 same as all other KS wheels unless they changed it for some reason..... need some owners to chime in haha does the app display 0% at 60V or 63V O.O

16 minutes ago, Ádám Szitás said:

The 16X let's you down to 60volts, came in handy many times, but it's hard for me to believe the S18 is like that too. why nobody answered this question yet?

why is that hard to believe? KS has always done this afaik

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

is it? that would be news to me... i have never owned one but i thought both it and the S18 were 3.0 same as all other KS wheels unless they changed it for some reason..... need some owners to chime in haha does the app display 0% at 60V or 63V O.O

why is that hard to believe? KS has always done this afaik

The KS18L and KS18L goes down to 3.0v pr cell. The KS16X do not go down as far if I recall right the 3.15V seems right. 

As for S18 (suspension model) I don't know but I doubt it goes as far down due to the risk of going u der cell specification. But I don't own a S18 so I never really follow this closely. 

Since nobody knows the answer and we all just guess: with a 3p setup, I also doubt the S18 goes down to 3.0V. That seems unsafe.

But Marty's range test wasn't bad at all (65km/40 miles at 30kph/20mph). I get that with my 1300Wh ACM at the same or little slower speed (in summer). So it definitely must go down further than the 3.3V of my ACM.

My guess is 3.15V.

Someone with a S18 check please.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Dgtreble said:

Per cell is unsafe beyond 2 5 so per cell is 3.3.5v round to 3.4

im not aware of any euc in existence that reads 0% battery at >3.3V gotway wheels read 3.3V per cell as 0%.. even pushing a KS18L as long as you possibly could to the point that it didnt even turn on anymore would still be way above the unsafe level of discharge

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dgtreble said:

If you need specifics let me know, I'm willing to.pull a single 21700 and measure

No physical ingress needed - just two values of corresponding charge % and battery voltage. Best not too near together.

It's just a linear correlation between this two values.

• Like 2