Latest batch of Shermans from Ewheels.

I Just Ordered a Sherman from Ewheels, and Now I’m ravenously scouring the internet seeing what's gone wrong in previous batches of Shermans, and looking for info on what’s been fixed in the newest batch, which my Sherman is coming from.

Here are my areas of concern.

1. Tire bulge, fit, wobble due to shallow rim. Some riders have experienced the tire bead escaping the rim. THIS rim issue sounds particularly dangerous and I understand that there is a new rim coming out that will be user installed.? Any info on this would be appreciated. 

2. Weather proofing on control panel and in general. I ride in the rain a lot. 

3. Pedal height increase. Rumor has it that the pedals have increased in height by 1 cm reducing the pedal scraping that people have reported from earlier batches.

4. Pedal Dip Around corners. I've heard that this was fixed in a firmware update.

I would also be interested to know any other changes to Shermans shipping from the latest batch in early 2021.  Any mud flap yet?

I'll also be asking this of Ewheels and reporting back.

Thanks for any info.. 

Edited by routb3d

Sherman has a mudflap accessory for a while now. It seems to be functional and snaps on and off quite well.

Sherman does have a updated control panel mold. The buttons are now red colour and at the ewheels they claim the new mold Will have black buttons. Hopefully the new mould means better waterproofing.

The most pressing issue to follow up on is the tire falling off the rim.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:36 AM, routb3d said:

I would also be interested to know any other changes to Shermans shipping from the latest batch in early 2021.  Any mud flap yet?

I'll also be asking this of Ewheels and reporting back.

Thanks for any info.. 

Im anxiously waiting for my sherman from this latest batch, should be here tomorrow . I can confirm ewheels has the mudguard (looks well made and not cheap looking) and even though you did not ask, ewheels also has the seat (not the  zoom wheel brian style kind). Interested as well what changes are on this machine. Im a bit concerned about the battery issue ive heard about  (bat lou error) . Will have to wait and see .

Sherman Seat https://www.ewheels.com/product/veteran-seat/

Sherman Fender https://www.ewheels.com/product/veteran-fender/

Edited by WILSON-YT
6 minutes ago, WILSON-YT said:

. Will have to wait and see .

Awesome! Please make sure to report back your findings.

does the seat and the mudguard come with the Sherman or does that need to be ordered separately? 

My wheel Ships on Monday and won’t arrive in Washington until Late next week. Hopefully I’ll be riding my new Sherman next weekend. 

Edited by routb3d
53 minutes ago, DangerDan said:

no seat or mudguard standard, only some generic powerpads.

Can’t find the mudflap on Ewheels.. I think the store doesn’t work well on IOS.. 

1 hour ago, routb3d said:

Can’t find the mudflap on Ewheels.. I think the store doesn’t work well on IOS.. 

Ewheels sent me the link to buy the fender separately, and promptly refunded the shipping. I’m so Glad I caught that before my wheel shipped. Make sure to order the seat and fender accessories with your Sherman folks! It’s definitely not included.. 

I am from the Xmas batch. The pedal dip is definitely more prominent in sherman compared to my V11. I'm sure all EUCs do it to some extent but it's definitely more noticeable in the sherman. 

Tire fit on the rim isn't great but you can manually get it really good and straight. If it looks decently straight and rides good when you get id say just don't touch it and ride. 

In the end, don't worry about any of this stuff. You will love the Sherman and won't regret getting it. The ride is like nothing else out there. 

I also have an Xmas Eve wheel (firmware v4.32) which I received at the top of the year. I've put approximately 250 miles on it. It has been stellar except for one thing - the pedal dipping and it's driving me crazy. However, it only occurs during sharp turns, 180s, and 360s. Unfortunately, I like practising 180s and 360s a lot to hone my skills and it feels as if I'm going to slide off the pedals. My 18XL never had this issue.

I reached out to eWheels about this and they said that it used to be worse. Ugh.

Note, the pedal dipping doesn't occur while carving or zigzagging. For me, it has to be a minimum of an aggressive 90° turn. I suspect that most riders won't have an issue.

I bet they didn't expect it to spin around that quickly and the thing is getting dizzy. But does seem like something that firmware could easily fix...

The pedal dip on tight 180s surprised me too (my wheel is from the early December/late Nov batch). I'm used to it now and actually appreciate how it helps turn the hefty thing around in a tighter circle. It doesnt mix well with the low pedals though... I sometimes scrape the front of my shoe. 

I am from the xmas eve batch as well. I can confirm pedal dip is definitely still present(4.32). You get used to it/prepare for it for sure, but it still annoys me. I have to brake after turns to 'reset' the angle. Hoping that it gets better with a possible future update. I didn't think it was that bad until my V11 arrived, which has zero pedal dip(like it's not even comparable). A friend that rode my Sherman noticed and commented on the dip immediately. 

Just got a recent batch Sherman from eWheels (battery-scented and all!). Put photos in the pedal height thread, but the 1cm increased pedal height is there.

2 hours ago, Fiori said:

I am from the xmas eve batch as well. I can confirm pedal dip is definitely still present(4.32). You get used to it/prepare for it for sure, but it still annoys me. I have to brake after turns to 'reset' the angle. Hoping that it gets better with a possible future update. I didn't think it was that bad until my V11 arrived, which has zero pedal dip(like it's not even comparable). A friend that rode my Sherman noticed and commented on the dip immediately. 

Pedal dip in sharps turns is definitely noticeable, though it's not something that bothers me much since the headlight has a pretty good amount of flood. I like that the headlight angle is independently adjustable, I'll probably kick it up a couple degrees to compensate--really wish that was an option on the v11, I don't want to raise the pedal angle just to have the headlights usable. Even though the dip on my v11 is way less significant it annoys me more since the sharp cutoff on the headlight makes it less useful when pointed at the road and I have to make an effort to rock it back to level.

Love my v11 for the comfort, but the Sherman's raw power and stability is intoxicating.

3 hours ago, Fiori said:

I am from the xmas eve batch as well. I can confirm pedal dip is definitely still present(4.32). You get used to it/prepare for it for sure, but it still annoys me. I have to brake after turns to 'reset' the angle.

Are you talking about pedal dip during riding at speed or during tight, slow turning? What riding mode are you in?

Edited by brockj
1 hour ago, brockj said:

Are you talking about pedal dip during riding at speed or during tight, slow turning? What riding mode are you in?

I shoulda specified, specifically when coming out of sharp turns. Sherman has zero problem with dipping during speed, it's rock solid. I ride on the hardest pedal mode, forget what they call it. 

I just received my Sherman from ewheels on Friday,  I only noticed the pedal on sharp turns. I scraped my pedal on a 180 turn, but it doesn't concern me. I am more concerned about the tire wobbles,  mine has a slight one that I need to work on.

I have the burnt-smell edition too. Coming from KS16X, I had to get adjusted to pedal dip. Turning at a corner, I get pedal dip. I would turn to opposite direction to bring it back up. I also have it on +2 PA.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 5:26 PM, Crimsonstorm said:

I just recently put a deposit for a Sherman.  Was gonna get a s18 for the suspension but after all the issues I saw happen with others decided to switch to the Sherman. According to the email, they’re planning on shipping with more waterproofing on the top lcd panel as well as using a different rim. I’m kinda glad that I waited a bit to get the latest batch. This is gonna be the March batch. Can’t wait for it to come

Where are You ordering from?
I am waiting for the updated RIM but cant seem to find it anywhere (Europe & China)

On 2/10/2021 at 3:30 PM, Boogieman said:

Where are You ordering from?
I am waiting for the updated RIM but cant seem to find it anywhere (Europe & China)

ordering in the US from Ewheels, not sure if they ship international. I think myewheels is their european site? not sure.  Figured it be better to order from a reputable company this time. I originally had a msx ordered off aliexpress and it takes forever for their support to respond. Ewheels send me emails in like less than half a hour lol. As soon as I get mine I'll definitely post some pics and details. 

Seems Veteran hired Gotway's Quality Control manager...probably had to fill the position...

GW-Tao.jpg.788c383e863f8df39d266c709b488c7d.jpg

Other than a few quality issues I really like the latest offerings from InMotion, KingSong, and Veteran, though it seems a new wheel purchase will wait until 2022.

It's unfortunate Gotway's Monster has so many issues, in 2020 that had looked to be a great wheel for tall people. (Maybe BeGoaty can rename it the "Oops, I Broke It Again" edition...)

Edited by WI_Hedgehog