Email from Amazon about recent purchase

Russ Raper

This is a copy/paste of an email from Amazon regarding a EU I recently bought.

Thought the group may be interested.

Hello 

We're contacting you about order #***-*******-******* for IPS® FBA 30kph 
19.9kph 340wh/260wh 16 Inch Self Balancing Electric Unicycle Scooter Electric 
One Wheel Scooter Monocycle. 

There have been recent news reports of safety issues involving products like the 
one you purchased that contain rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. As a 
precaution, we want to share some additional information about lithium-ion 
batteries and safety tips for using products that contain them. Please follow 
the link below for the information and safety tips: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201976530 

If you’d rather not keep the product, please contact Customer Service to 
initiate a return: 

https://www.amazon.com/contact-us/ 

If you purchased this item for someone else, please pass along this information 
to the recipient. 

We hope to see you again soon. 

Sincerely, 

Customer Service 
Amazon.com 

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot 
accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message. 

hahaha this is in regards to the hoverboard "explosion"... cheap batteries in cheep machines. would you buy a $200 EU? i think not. USA media eats stories likes these up, especially right before the holidays! Google it you'll see :)

@Russ Raperdid you buy the used Amazon Factory IPS?! i had my eye on that thing!! LOL

2 hours ago, elias_ said:

hahaha this is in regards to the hoverboard "explosion"... cheap batteries in cheep machines. would you buy a $200 EU? i think not. USA media eats stories likes these up, especially right before the holidays! Google it you'll see :)

@Russ Raperdid you buy the used Amazon Factory IPS?! i had my eye on that thing!! LOL

What's the Amazon factory ips?

We have a newspaper here in the UK called the Daily Mail that THRIVES on basically selling fear. 

Their latest favourite topic are the 'deadly' hoverboards. Their website has pretty much an equal number of horror articles on them as ISIS now ?

I am coming more and more to the conclusion that EUCs are just not safe enough, no matter wether they are high-class like the Ninebot One or low-class like generics. The Governments will not approve them because their construction regarding the dangerous battery, the battery managment system and the dependency on just one control board and energy source is precarious. 

20 hours ago, ScooterB said:

I am coming more and more to the conclusion that EUCs are just not safe enough, no matter wether they are high-class like the Ninebot One or low-class like generics. The Governments will not approve them because their construction regarding the dangerous battery, the battery managment system and the dependency on just one control board and energy source is precarious. 

Those electric cars must terrify the crap  out of you then, they are like a potential Armageddon on wheels.

Archived