v1.3.0. how can I downgrade??

JulieC

Today I just upgraded my one wheel the first time. I think it goes about 2 km/h faster now, but when I was riding at full speed it just turned off and I fell down very bad. I'm scared to ride at full speed now, especially when the battery is going to get empty. Before there was a tilt back where now the ninebot is just falling down to the front. How can I downgrade it because like it is now it's unridable! 

Thank you, Julie

37 minutes ago, JulieC said:

Before there was a tilt back where now the ninebot is just falling down to the front. How can I downgrade it because like it is now it's unridable!

Julie, hope you didn't get hurt!

Just like to analyse this: Your battery was low? Did you lean forward although the Ninebot tilt back? You are writing it's unridable - can you switch it on or not?

I also hope you are ok.   That's strange, as I've ONLY ridden on Firmware 1.3.0.  I updated it before I ever rode it.  I was riding today against the tilt back for about 10 miles.  Kept hitting it.  Never had any shut downs.  It's strange how different these things act for different people.  Some boards fried, some shut offs, some ride fine.  Strange...  I would have thought each motherboard would be similar.  Maybe it's motor and battery differences.

PS:  Ninebot should allow users to select from a list of confirmed working Firmwares in the App.

What are your weights? Maybe @JulieChad an over lean or maxed out the motor power in general. If tilt back is no default setting after upgrade something is wrong. The higher speed of the last firmware try and errors are not as good and makes no sense. Safety doesn't look like a target for some manufacturers.

8 hours ago, One said:

Julie, hope you didn't get hurt!

Just like to analyse this: Your battery was low? Did you lean forward although the Ninebot tilt back? You are writing it's unridable - can you switch it on or not?

Yes, I got hurt, I fell on my right arm and it's hurts much up to my shoulders and back and I have wounds on my hips, arm and my right hand. Today it's better, but it still hurts, but I'm worrying more about my onewheel. Yes, my battery was low, but normally when I rode it and the battery got low it turned slower and never shut off. And it didn't even tilt back. My friend said he heard the beep while shutting off.

I just say it's unridable because I don't know when it shuts off. I can switch it on, it's all fine, but I can't notice a tilt back...

2 hours ago, OliverH said:

What are your weights? Maybe @JulieChad an over lean or maxed out the motor power in general. If tilt back is no default setting after upgrade something is wrong. The higher speed of the last firmware try and errors are not as good and makes no sense. Safety doesn't look like a target for some manufacturers.

I don't think it's because of my weight. I'm 1.74m heigh and 55kg and the one wheel didn't tilt back. It just fell over.

5 hours ago, SlowMo said:

This would be the 4th reported issue on Firmware 1.3.0

Doesn't give me confidence in my new  91E+  -  I thought it was the Rolls Royce of EUCs! 

I upgraded to 1.3.0 firmware on delivery.

I did have tilt-back almost immediately when I chose 'speed limiting' ; therefore I removed it and it has worked OK so far - 3 days!!

What other issues do you refer to @SlowMo ?

I had a Dragonmen Hotwheel which lasted just 6 weeks + when it just shut down 3 times - faceplant every time - painful!

Factory 'guarantee' means nothing to the suppliers so far. But live in hope as I would like to use it to learn 'new' skills!

10 minutes ago, AlanR said:

Doesn't give me confidence in my new  91E+  -  I thought it was the Rolls Royce of EUCs! 

I upgraded to 1.3.0 firmware on delivery.

I did have tilt-back almost immediately when I chose 'speed limiting' ; therefore I removed it and it has worked OK so far - 3 days!!

What other issues do you refer to @SlowMo ?

I had a Dragonmen Hotwheel which lasted just 6 weeks + when it just shut down 3 times - faceplant every time - painful!

Factory 'guarantee' means nothing to the suppliers so far. But live in hope as I would like to use it to learn 'new' skills!

Try to browse the recent threads on the Ninebot forum. You will find some users having issues. Be safe. Do not ride too fast and always be on alert and ready to dismount in case of any unusual reactions from the EUC.  I have  5 EUC's now. Only my Ninebot didn't last and the rest are doing fine including my 170wh X3 clone.

10 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I also hope you are ok.   That's strange, as I've ONLY ridden on Firmware 1.3.0.  I updated it before I ever rode it.  I was riding today against the tilt back for about 10 miles.  Kept hitting it.  Never had any shut downs.  It's strange how different these things act for different people.  Some boards fried, some shut offs, some ride fine.  Strange...  I would have thought each motherboard would be similar.  Maybe it's motor and battery differences.

PS:  Ninebot should allow users to select from a list of confirmed working Firmwares in the App.

How does yours react when the battery is low? Does it get slower with tilt back? Do you charge often or when the battery is empty? 

And what about going uphill at full speed?

I just thought about wearing protections and trying out things when it shuts off, full speed, hills etc. that I know how it reacts..

Just now, SlowMo said:

Try to browse the recent threads on the Ninebot forum. You will find some users having issues. Be safe. Do not ride too fast and always be on alert and ready to dismount in case of any unusual reactions from the EUC.  I have  5 EUC's now. Only my Ninebot didn't last and the rest are doing fine including my 170wh X3 clone.

I think with the firmware nobody had any problems, no? It's just the upgrades..

@JulieC I haven't had the battery to 'low' so far! 

As I said, tilt-back occurred only when I first 'set-up' and selected 'speed limit' - tilt-back occurred seconds after starting and made riding VERY uncomfortable.

I am pretty wary about speed now after the experience with my 'Dragonmen Hotwheel' - I have ridden up to 17.8 kph [says my Garmin GPS].

Definitely recommend wrist, knee & shin guards - but these are of little use going backwards - I had a very painful hip when the EUC failed!

Tyre pressure - I have it at 55 psi - I don't believe it caused any issues. I feel the tyre flex at 55 psi when dropping down off steps etc indicates its not too high???!

@SlowMo You say your 91E+ was the only one that didn't last!!  Just how long did it last?

At $A1250 I'm hoping for a few years at least - the Dragonmen Hotwheel lasted under 7 weeks - $50 /week!  Expensive past-time.

6 minutes ago, AlanR said:

@SlowMo You say your 91E+ was the only one that didn't last!!  Just how long did it last?

At $A1250 I'm hoping for a few years at least - the Dragonmen Hotwheel lasted under 7 weeks - $50 /week!  Expensive past-time.

The bot was still new. My daughter managed to burn it up. Luckily I came home just in time and sensed the burning smell along the hallway. She was still riding it when I came so I immediately switched off the bot. Upon inspection, the battery and motherboard got fried. It was on firmware version 1.2.7. R.I.P.

As user of the C model, it's max speed is at a "fast running speed" of 17kmh before tilt back kicks in, which I regularly bump into.

I do notice that the tilt back is very gentle compared to other Segway like devices I've used before. If I didn't already know I was hitting the max speed through one of my other three senses (sight, sound, wind) it could very tempting to try to lean forward more to "counter" the tilt back and go faster.

The reason I say this is that the issue here seems clear here to be that the speed+forward lean was faster than the weakened battery could take and it simply cut out. I saw the other thread about the wish that a wheel would gradually decelerate rather than cutoff but that only lessens the inevitable unavoidable outcome of falling off forwards.

To Ninebot, I wonder if the tiltback needs to be more aggressive - e.g. kicking in at lower speeds on lower battery.

To users, I suggest don't go faster than you can jump off and save yourself without hurting yourself (i.e. about sprinting speed)

I took a long 10 Mile ride yesterday, Video Coming Today.  All during the ride, I was getting Tilt Back.  I thought something was wrong, but for some reason, I didn't realize I was going 14 MPH a LOT of the time.  That was the Tilt Back issue.  Temperature was around 40-50 F.

After my 10 Mile ride, I took it for another 3 mile ride and hit low battery.  It definitely tilted back and slowed me down (6-10 MPH).  I even climbed a Long 15 degree or so hill on 10% battery and it did it, but very slow due to Tilting Back.  After the hill, I rode about 1/2 mile back to the car at LOW Speed (3-4 MPH) due to it slowing me down with Tilt Back.  I ended up at 7% Battery.

Yes, I'm aware of the issues with running that low (Battery Damage, Body Damage), but I was testing it's limits.  I won't be doing this normally, but I figured while it was down, I'd find out what happens.  It never dropped me, never even stopped.  But I did try to stay JUST below the Tilt when the battery was low.  During the long ride, I was against the Tilt a lot of the way, with the knowledge that it might throw me at any moment, which it fortunately did not.

Normally, I just stay below the tilt, especially when the battery is low.  I'm not into S&M.

For what it's worth, I NEVER heard the Over-speed or Low Battery Beep that I know of (That's a Glitch).  Only got tilt back.

One more thing... What firmness setting is everyone riding on when this happens?  I'm on 0, Zero, maybe that's what's different?

@SlowMo So, the damage to your 'bot' was damaged through working outside its specs!  Can't really critisise in that case!

I am very conservative [being 70+ I have to be!] and try to stay well within specs.

I didn't notice any tilt-back at 17.8 kph !

@SuperSport will have to look for the 'firmness' selector, will let you know when I do!

47 minutes ago, AlanR said:

@SlowMo So, the damage to your 'bot' was damaged through working outside its specs!  Can't really critisise in that case!

I am very conservative [being 70+ I have to be!] and try to stay well within specs.

I didn't notice any tilt-back at 17.8 kph !

@SuperSport will have to look for the 'firmness' selector, will let you know when I do!

How can riding down a short hallway work this superb unit beyond its specs?

@SuperSport  I could not find the 'firmness' selection!

Also, is 'Electrical Quantity' the battery charge level?;       so 50 % = half full?

When I connected the charger at 51% the charger light was 'green' - I thought it was 'red' at all charge levels except full!?

6 hours ago, AlanR said:

@SuperSport  I could not find the 'firmness' selection!

Also, is 'Electrical Quantity' the battery charge level?;       so 50 % = half full?

When I connected the charger at 51% the charger light was 'green' - I thought it was 'red' at all charge levels except full!?

It should be RED till it is full.  The light on the Charger, Right?

Firmness setting in app.

https://youtu.be/8rY-epXitP0

@SuperSport Yes, the charger light: I re-connected and checked light again - it did start red!

Is the 'firmness' on a '1 to 10 scale', if that's it, mine is set at '9' - is that the firm or soft end of the scale? What are the implications at either end ?

My generic had the battery condition displayed by 4 LEDs facing up - easy to see when riding; the 9Bot 1E+ LEDs are nearly impossible to view when riding; does the Milband [still waiting for mine] show battery charge level?

The E+ shows you its batterystatus when you are standing still with the LED Ring from full green via yellow to empty red, while riding you can use the app to get batterypercentage and calculated approx. mileage displayed on the mainpage of the new Ninebot app.

The firmness is 0 for hardest and 9 for softest.

Charge-LED should be red when charging and green when its done or not plugged into the bot.

6 hours ago, AlanR said:

Is the 'firmness' on a '1 to 10 scale', if that's it, mine is set at '9' - is that the firm or soft end of the scale? What are the implications at either end ?

I tried 9 last night just for kicks.  Wow, almost un-ride-able for me.  I prefer 0.  9 was SO unresponsive, and the pads were tilted so much it was just not fun to ride.  I had only tried between 0 and 3 before and thought I better check what happens when I go all the way up to 9.

I also asked in the other thread, What is the Milband?  Is there a link to more info on it?

39 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I tried 9 last night just for kicks.  Wow, almost un-ride-able for me.  I prefer 0.  9 was SO unresponsive, and the pads were tilted so much it was just not fun to ride.  I had only tried between 0 and 3 before and thought I better check what happens when I go all the way up to 9.

I also asked in the other thread, What is the Milband?  Is there a link to more info on it?

Yeah Riding Mode 9 is a wild ride after riding on mode 0 (or 1, or 2) for a while.  The pedals can be leaning back and you're still going forward.

As I mentioned in the other thread you can search for:  Xiaomi Mi Band

Archived