Help a 61 year old with a choice of his 1st EUC

Yes, it's also helpful as a learning aid with one hand on a wall. Being able to do it on your own at a stop light is an entirely different skill :)

Sintra is a southern region of Portugal, right? We were booked for 2 weeks in that area in May of 2020 but for obvious reasons the trip was cancelled. When the travel restrictions are finally lifted we'll be heading there. My wife and I are both dual Swiss/Canadian citizens and travel to Europe frequently to visit her family, explore nearby regions etc. One of these day's we'll find a job a way to get our dogs there and probably stick around for a while lol

35 minutes ago, UniMe said:

My wife and I are both dual Swiss/Canadian citizens and travel to Europe frequently to visit her family, explore nearby regions etc. One of these day's we'll find a job a way to get our dogs there and probably stick around for a while lol:)

You have no idea how many foreigners from all over the world are buying homes here in the Cascais/Sintra area. I'm a Remax Realtor and in 2020...I just sold y to foreigners. Not one single Portuguese buyer! 

This is THE Prime area in Portugal.a country rated in the top 5 worldwide, in cheap quality of life, weather and social safety! Everyone is going crazy with my area.... 

7 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

About the fuses...what are they for?

These are just spare fuses in case yours burn out due to overload. But for this you would have to disassemble the wheel, if it has not disassembled itself by the possible crash. :efee612b4b:

The fuses are unfortunately on the control board that is located at the top under the trolley handle. To replace them, the housing must be fairly disassembled. 

Edited by EUC Custom Power-Pads
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

You have no idea how many foreigners from all over the world are buying homes here in the Cascais/Sintra area. I'm a Remax Realtor and in 2020...I just sold y to foreigners. Not one single Portuguese buyer! 

This is THE Prime area in Portugal.a country rated in the top 5 worldwide, in cheap quality of life, weather and social safety! Everyone is going crazy with my area.... 

Keep selling to foreigners and it won't be for long.... Costs skyrocket, locals get pushed out, environment changes to mimic where everyone came from. Tis an odd thing indeed.

I also live in a multi cultural area with a lot of international pressure on housing. It's refreshing, diverse and welcome. As a Swiss couple we may end up there, although the cost of living is higher than Portugal it's also a very safe place with an excellent standard of living. A house in Canada though, with all the space, rugged coast and unpopulated places is something we'll probably maintain.

Edited by UniMe
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2021 at 7:32 PM, UniMe said:

As a Swiss couple we may end up there, although the cost of living is higher than Portugal it's also a very safe place with an excellent standard of living.

One detail you should know...Portugal is considered one of the top 3 safest countries in the world and one of the top 5 retirees destination when it comes to cost of living, private healthcare costs, house prices and taxes, etc. Why do you think we're about to limit the Golden Visa areas? :D.

In the past year all my buying clients were foreigners...:clap3:

sure, except Portugal ranks 18, just 2 above Canada at 20, in quality of life globally. CH is number one. Residents of Zurich also have the strongest buying power of any city in the world... I've traveled a fair bit through Europe and will still be hard pressed to trade the open space and natural landscape of our current location. Places with no, or very few, people are less and less available in the world.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UniMe said:

sure, except Portugal ranks 18, just 2 above Canada at 20, in quality of life globally. CH is number one. Residents of Zurich also have the strongest buying power of any city in the world... I've traveled a fair bit through Europe and will still be hard pressed to trade the open space and natural landscape of our current location. Places with no, or very few, people are less and less available in the world.

Yes but the 18...is for us Portuguese with our salaries... Not for foreign residents who decide to live and retire in Portugal. Those are much, much higher in the food chain over here 😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, UniMe said:

What do you mean by 'limiting golden visa areas'?

yep. The best areas around Lisbon and Porto are going to be locked for the 500k Golden Visas from Jan 2022. Actually they were supposed to be already locked but Covid delayed it. I've already sold several GV's to USA, Indonesian, Chinese, etc clients last year and maybe this year too. The deadline is getting closer and the prime areas are really prime...in ways that we Portuguese, won't be able....€€€€€€€ ....to buy there anymore...

• Like 1

Isnt it odd? Usa has a problem with broke ass Mutherf**kers invading and ruining the place. Portugal has a problem with rich ass Mutherf**ers moving in and raising land value above what locals can afford. At least you get to cash in while people over crowd the place. End result will be the same, but at least you get a few $$.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Just now, ShanesPlanet said:

Isnt it odd? Usa has a problem with broke ass Mutherf**kers invading and ruining the place. Portugal has a problem with rich ass Mutherf**ers moving in and raising land value above what locals can afford. At least you get to cash in while people over crowd the palce. End result will be the same, but at least you get a few $$.

I need that $$$...I was unemployed, after almost 30 in advertising,  at 49 with the housing recession in 2009 and only got back on my feet in mid 2017 with 57 years...as a Real Estate Agent for REMAX. I know they're picking the best fruit and we won't touch it again in our country unless we win the lottery... but that's life. as long as the cha keek coming in until my retirement in 6 years...maybe I'll buy a Veteran Sherman....:D

in 6 years the sherman will be a joke of a toy and we'll have much better, or they will be outlawed. Where you gna ride when theres more people than cracks in the street? At your current rate, you'll be riding a jet pack in 18 mos. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Just now, Paulo Mesquita said:

... Don't tempt me... 😂😂😂😂

I saw a guy fly one. It looked like an awesome adventure. Of course, once he left from above water and started flying over buildings and shit.... the reality hit me. I AM NOT ready to try and mimic the Iron Man with current technology. However, maybe you are? Let me know when you get the pack, I'll try it..... if you go first!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I saw a guy fly one. It looked like an awesome adventure. Of course, once he left from above water and started flying over buildings and shit.... the reality hit me. I AM NOT ready to try and mimic the Iron Man with current technology. However, maybe you are? Let me know when you get the pack, I'll try it..... if you go first!

hah...it's easier for me to try a jetpack than to get onto a plane our jump in a parachute. I'm "very grounded"...with EUC's. But a jetpack is something that fascinates me too... Jetsons, Mandelorians, IronMan, etc....

Thanks for explaining that Paulo. It has gotten harder to buy your way into Canada as well, but I believe the big changes happened a number of years ago. I was more curious if Portugal was looking to limit freedom of movement within the EU. 500k Euro seems like a very low threshold... especially when the average house where I live is about to top 1m CAD.

Edited by UniMe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, UniMe said:

Thanks for explaining that Paulo. It has gotten harder to buy your way into Canada as well, but I believe the big changes happened a number of years ago. I was more curious if Portugal was looking to limit freedom of movement within the EU. 500k Euro seems like a very low threshold... especially when the average house where I live is about to top 1m CAD.

What they'll be doing is lock the Lisbon and Porto metropolitan areas to the GV. Which in my opinion, although I'll lose some business, is actually good for the foreign buyers. Outside of these areas they'll find beautiful houses in great places and for decent, cheap and honest prices. Portugal is small, but it is beautiful anywhere and many place outside the big cities are quite stunning when it comes to landscape, ocean view, mountain ranges, prairies (my favorites in Alentejo), etc

• Like 1

In terms of population density, personally, I would always prefer a bucolic rural setting. Especially if I was retiring to a place like Portugal.

I still need to come for a visit. In May 2020 we were scheduled to arrive in Lisbon, head north to the Coimbra region and to then wander down to the south coast around Lagos and Faro. We're accustomed to traveling long distances by car (like BC to California etc.) and compact Portugal looks like an easy place to drive around. Lisbon to Lagos in about 3 hours, sheesh.... I'd get there before breakfast :)

Edited by UniMe
  • Like 1