Canceled by GearBest

davek

Two days ago I placed an order with GearBest for my first wheel, a TG T3.
Today they informed me: "We regret to tell you we can't ship your order out because the China Air Transportation Association
prohibit it. 
No shipping company in China will accept packages for Unicycle Scooters and Wheels."

They gave me the option to change my order to either 1) pick from a list of two wheel 'hoverboards' or 2) cancel and refund.

Well, I cancelled the order and after reading these forums put one in to ElectricUnicycleReviews for a King Song 14" 800/680.

Has anyone else been notified of this air shipping ban? 
I'll keep you updated on the status of shipment.

The TG T3 was selling for $250 while the two wheel 'hoverboards' are $285.

Maybe a bait-and-switch deal going on there.

I'm kind of glad since I think I would have outgrown the TG T3 pretty fast.

I got the same email today!

At a guess I would say in my professional opinion 'it's a load of bollocks!'

Unless the single wheel scooters are more likely to explode than the 2 wheel scooter and China has banned all exports for health & safety...which I highly doubt!

Then as you rightly said its the sale and switch routine, order the well priced/sale price/special offer then you get an email saying sorry out of stock did you want this inferior product at a higher price which quite a few people go for, sadly not me!

If you check their site the scooters we ordered are now not in stock but you can still order a more expensive single wheel scooter!

Not happy the Chinese are nearly as bad as the British for false and misleading sales tactics!

Stay clear of GEARBEST!

Could be that the TG-T3 is in China where as they already have some hoverboards in their US warehouse so they could sell you those.  Quite a big jump from TG-T3 to the KingSong 800 though. 

The Ban is real, so if they plan to ship (rather fly) it out of china they are out of luck for the moment, but sending by Boat would work, but who wants to wait 2 months for the item to arrive. 

I guess they have the Hoverboards in stock inside the country and could ship it immediately, but as you all said, dont give away a Unicycle for a hoverboard, you will regret it

@davek good choice. ;)

@BA-B8 technically you can learn to drive with a Ferrari :D Or a Humvee. And when you master it, the satisfaction is even bigger.

I got my TG T3 from tinydeal.com read some bad reviews but i'm satisfied :) Shipped it fast and from a local european warehouse.

If u're in the US you could also try banggood. 

Haven't heard pretty much good news about gearbest ....

I'm a happy customer at banggood. Ordered around 50 times so far. Normally pretty small things but also an action cam etc. If your in the EU, you can select Proirity Direct Mail and dont have to think about customs since they ship everything to a warehouse in NL and then to you. Since its in the EU already there will be no more problems with Csutoms :)

Well I personally do not think gearbest is a reliable seller at all. 

My partner bought me a tg m3 as a present but the more I ride it the more I think it's not because the range of an m3 has 10- 15km but mine goes no more than 7.75km.. I found that they also sell a tg g3 looks exactly the same with range 8 to 10 km which is what I am pretty sure got. Emailed them no response..  scam?

Archived