New Ninebot E+ received with 1.2.1 firmware. Should I upgrade?

musk

11 hours ago, SlowMo said:

It seems that you haven't read the reports. If you are lucky with your Ninebot then good for you. There are thousands of Ninebot users and you are just one of them.

Firmware 1.3.0 Rodeo/Tilt Issue - reported by a new member with a new Ninebot that has 1.3 on it.  He reported tilt back at high speeds.  It was more than he expected but it hasn't been reported elsewhere by others that I've seen.  

Reply to My Ninebot One E+ Experience - The kicking of the Ninebot appears to be hardware related because the issue is repeatable and occurs at low speed every time.

v1.3.0, how can I downgrade?? - reported by a new member that had the Ninebot shut down at high speed.  Not repeated.  No further information given except that they asked if it could be related to tire pressure.  

@SlowMo, I saw these but to be honest, I don't see how you are blaming firmware version 1.3.0 for these.  They are all completely unrelated and there isn't enough known about each.  My E+ board died after 50 miles and I was on v1.2.7.  Should I have blamed the firmware?  There are just too many assumptions being made to connect the dots in the way you are.

Connecting of the dots in a methodical and logical way is very important.  If I report that I got a flat tire and blamed the 1.3.0 firmware, you would think it would be a ridiculous claim (and rightfully so).  How could the firmware give you a flat?  But then what if I then explained that the ninebot lurched me off and then wouldn't shut down.  It fell over with the wheel at full speed on it side and the wheel was spinning against the pavement as it went around and around until it popped the tire and then the Ninebot eventually died.  Now there are more dots to connect and more of a case to get closer to connect it to the firmware.  But there still wouldn't be enough information in this example to blame the firmware.  More reports of the same behavior after upgrades would have to be reported.  

32 minutes ago, Cranium said:

Firmware 1.3.0 Rodeo/Tilt Issue - reported by a new member with a new Ninebot that has 1.3 on it.  He reported tilt back at high speeds.  It was more than he expected but it hasn't been reported elsewhere by others that I've seen.  

Reply to My Ninebot One E+ Experience - The kicking of the Ninebot appears to be hardware related because the issue is repeatable and occurs at low speed every time.

v1.3.0, how can I downgrade?? - reported by a new member that had the Ninebot shut down at high speed.  Not repeated.  No further information given except that they asked if it could be related to tire pressure.  

@SlowMo, I saw these but to be honest, I don't see how you are blaming firmware version 1.3.0 for these.  They are all completely unrelated and there isn't enough known about each.  My E+ board died after 50 miles and I was on v1.2.7.  Should I have blamed the firmware?  There are just too many assumptions being made to connect the dots in the way you are.

Connecting of the dots in a methodical and logical way is very important.  If I report that I got a flat tire and blamed the 1.3.0 firmware, you would think it would be a ridiculous claim (and rightfully so).  How could the firmware give you a flat?  But then what if I then explained that the ninebot lurched me off and then wouldn't shut down.  It fell over with the wheel at full speed on it side and the wheel was spinning against the pavement as it went around and around until it popped the tire and then the Ninebot eventually died.  Now there are more dots to connect and more of a case to get closer to connect it to the firmware.  But there still wouldn't be enough information in this example to blame the firmware.  More reports of the same behavior after upgrades would have to be reported.  

We will never have so many reports since forum members represent only a very small fraction of the Ninebot owner population. For me, those 3 reports are enough to be wary of upgrading. 

Archived