New Gotway MCM5 67 volt

David A.

Has anyone got the new Gotway  MCM5 67 volt ?  I'm curious to know how you like / dislike it. What are its strengths / weaknesses, etc.?  Does it climb well off road ?  How fast have you ridden it?  Is it's range 18 miles or even better ?  :D     D. Allen, Utah

I'm assuming you're talking about the 310wh 67v mcm5. If you're looking for a "cheap" wheel to learn on then it should be alright. You won't be going 18 miles on it unless you keep your speeds pretty slow. Like 10mph or less. The general consensus is ~25wh per mile, 310wh battery would give you 12 miles riding at like 15mph... maybe... I have experience with a 67v 420wh mten3 and get about 10 miles range... I would honestly skip the 67v and go for the 800wh 84v mcm5 if I was to get that wheel. The mcm5 is known for its hill climbing abilities and it's impressive torque which would be compromised on the 67v system. Plus the 800wh should get you the 18 miles range. The 67v mcm5 will go 3-4 mph slower than the rated top speed which is like 27mph.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

18 miles? no way!

I own the mcm5 64v 310wh for 3 months now. As a beginner wheel it is perfect, zippy, fast and controllable. But don´t expect max performance from such a small battery pack. My personal record in distance in one go, without stopping was 15 Km (which is around 10 miles), at average 17-20 km/h (12 mph), max speed <25 km/h and 21% battery left. With a full battery you can go once or twice up to 30-35 km/h (22 mph), but I would not recommend this under 70-80% battery. My weight is 180 lbs, which is too heavy for that small battery, the voltage drop after accelerating is huge. But overall I´m happy with it as a beginner wheel, it took a lot of hits and scratches and still works good. The quality inside the wheel is poor made, no fuse and the cables are held (squeezed) by the shell, but that´s what you´ll get for that small price. I´ve now ordered a second battery pack for the empty space behind the side panel, so I´ll get over the 500wh, for just 45 euros, to extend the range to at least 20 Km.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bartdbx said:

The quality inside the wheel is poor made, no fuse and the cables are held (squeezed) by the shell, but that´s what you´ll get for that small price.

I wish that is the case, not that I'd want poor QC on any wheel regardless of price. Sadly it seems to be Gotway's SOP for all of their wheels no matter the price. Somehow it still works so there's that.

On the topic of range, I easily get 20miles with 40% or so left & have gone on occasions to 30mile rides on my 84v. For all of its perceived faults, I still love it. Its been a fun wheel & I enjoy it lots. Def worth the money IMO.

• Like 1

I got my Gotway MCM5 67 volt last week, after waiting 9 weeks for it to arrive via Aliexpress. The wheel is great, but I can't recomment Ali...they do NOT communicate! But at least the wheel came:D So far, I'm delighted. :)   Great acceleration, great pep, wonderful climbing ability. From what I've seen, the quality is top notch! I'd buy another one!  - David A.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...