Monster V3 - CST 3.00x17 C186 Knobby Tyre

Hi all

I've always wanted a monster as I'm 6'5" 210lbs and my MSX sometimes feels a bit small. However, as I only ride off road the inherent lack of torque with the monster has put me off up until now. Now I have decent power pads I reckon it will be OK with my style of riding and so with the reduced price, due to the Monster Pro being released, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one.

I've been using the CST C186 for 18 months on my MSX and would only really consider a new wheel if an equivalent tyre would fit. I've read on here someone fitting a Shinko 241 2.75x17 which just fit. I know the Shinko comes out bigger than the CST even though the images look identical and as the space around the stock looks fairly substantial, my question is...

Has anyone tried the 3.00x17 CST C186 on their monster?

:D

20 hours ago, RoCan said:

Hi all

I've always wanted a monster as I'm 6'5" 210lbs and my MSX sometimes feels a bit small. However, as I only ride off road the inherent lack of torque with the monster has put me off up until now. Now I have decent power pads I reckon it will be OK with my style of riding and so with the reduced price, due to the Monster Pro being released, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one.

I've been using the CST C186 for 18 months on my MSX and would only really consider a new wheel if an equivalent tyre would fit. I've read on here someone fitting a Shinko 241 2.75x17 which just fit. I know the Shinko comes out bigger than the CST even though the images look identical and as the space around the stock looks fairly substantial, my question is...

Has anyone tried the 3.00x17 CST C186 on their monster?

:D

I have the Kenda K262 2.75x17 on my monster. There is not enough space on top for the Kenda 3.00x17.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dancer said:

I have the Kenda K262 2.75x17 on my monster. There is not enough space on top for the Kenda 3.00x17.

So you’d expect the 3.00 to be taller than the 2.75? Do you mean the top of the interior shell or around the reveal where the mud flap would go?

Thanks

37 minutes ago, RoCan said:

So you’d expect the 3.00 to be taller than the 2.75? Do you mean the top of the interior shell or around the reveal where the mud flap would go?

Thanks

I mean around the reveal.

• Like 1