EyeRide HUD

Seba

Anyone has any idea how to navigates the menus of this thing?

I got mine and installed. It works and connects fine. But I cannot go through the menus... it only has one button to play or pause songs or to accept or rejects calls. And that is it.... it shows menus with many options that are not accessible... so now what?

17 hours ago, Fer Lima said:

Anyone has any idea how to navigates the menus of this thing?

I got mine and installed. It works and connects fine. But I cannot go through the menus... it only has one button to play or pause songs or to accept or rejects calls. And that is it.... it shows menus with many options that are not accessible... so now what?

After some chat with cust services, so far ive managed to get rid of some side clutter by requesting the map using Siri.

unit comes to life once you use a map device on the phone first and then close it down   connect device and re-open it. . It then seems to know which device to auto use once wifi is connected (despite on iphone the actual app is not visibly launched until navigation mode.

Without navi mode it needs to somehow know your favoured app.  hence the above process

"Hey Siri... Show me the  map"

unit then expands some display to remove some icon  s and the furniture within them. Problem is this expanded view changes the position of the speedometer/ limit from what seems like upper left to the upper far right of the expanded pic. ie adjustment of prism may become sub-optimal.

Ive done some preliminary searching of codes... "NOT a decent comprehensive list,  so i emails EyeRides custSrvs who told me that many feature are automatically engaged in navigation mode, and some control offered by requesting the map in an opened app. (WAZE)

PS hot tip. Optimal charging is via a 10W plug or less.  Using high throughput amps as in some apple plugs can result in actually undercharging the device given the (blackBox) functionality of the indicator ring lights. under charge.  I had to repeatedly charge /disconnect/recharge the device before I began to approach battery operation normalcy.

Ill keep posting as I discover new features. Let us know what you find please.

Edited by RayBanMonster
  • Like 1

* Battery runtime improvement & New feature discovery:  ( usage: iPhone/WAZE app)

* Battery issues largely improved after advice from Eye-lights. Surprisingly they advise only a 10W plug adapter as max since higher causes the issues I was having, namely that unit will cut off power early as indicate a full charge without actually being charged. This means, do not use high power plug units e.g. that drive Mobile phone charging like those high power adapters from apple.

*After reconnecting after a full charge several times to ensure the thing was fully charged ( EyeRides recommends 3 hrs with 10W max adapter) . Result. Much improved unit runtime.

* Pressing the header unit 3 times invokes menu access, but i have still not worked out what presses invoke menu navigation.

* Eyelights: "You can display the map in full screen if you ask Siri to open the chosen navigation application "  For me in practice I asked unit via iPhone to show me the map full screen. Voila.. but I still had sidebar left visible, which annoyingly covered up the speedometer and  so speed limit obscured ( top left) so this wasn't an improvement for me but a hindrance. At least in initial visible mode I could see the speedmometer .

Whenever I connect my eyeRides unit from EyeLights, I notice I have to switch off and back on Bluetooth then connect BT devices i need for my ride like Ear-Pods/Darknessbot app/Apple watch.  (yeah my phone is working hard when i ride and amazingly it copes well with all of it whilst playing hi res music via foobar2000  For Music playing (in hi-res mode, all because native Apple Music doesn't play in a hi resolution despite my music being full CD quality and higher /Lossless only format)  Nice.

More updates as I discover them

Edited by RayBanMonster
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

I'm using the Eyeride, and I'm generally satisfied with it, but I like to adjust the Waze volume. I'm listening music, and even I have a waze volume to the max in-app options, I would like to increase only indications volume (not music).

In my car Android Auto, it's possible to do that separately. When Waze sounds (voice or sounds) are playing, just at that moment increase the volume on the car radio. Then the musical is still at the same volume, but the waze has been increased.

In eyes ride (I don't have a smart controller), I don't know if is it possible.

Also, on Amazon or Alliexpress there are Bluetooth controllers (5 euros). I guess that paying 100 Euros for the original Smartphone Controller it's abusive.

Thanks 

Albert (Barcelona)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...