2018 King Song KS-14S 840Wh/800W for sale, learner wheel

Good day all,

I am selling my 2018 KS-14S 840Wh/800W black wheel.  My story follows...

In 2018 I moved to Charleston, SC, and as a hair-brained idea to beat traffic here in the city, I purchased a King Song 14S to ride to work from EWheels, along with a fast charger.  Good thing too, as the stock chargers for King Song wheels tend to get hotter than you might expect.  I have also done some recreational riding in my off time and have enjoyed this wheel as an intriguing, head-turning way to get around. 

However, recently, I rode to work, and took a low-speed tumble as I caught one of the pedals on a curb while transitioning across a parking garage drive, thus throwing me off the wheel.  I had my hands out to catch myself, and wrist pads, elbow pads, knee pads, and helmet, and still managed to break my arm.  All of this at less than 5mph.  While I realize there are some older riders in the group, I am coming to grips that even though I'm not 40 yet, I am getting fragile as I age, and i need to be making better decisions as to the things I attempt to do and the consequences it may entail.  And although I have enjoyed this wheel, and want to continue riding it, the sad truth is that there just isn't good infrastructure anywhere in this area to do so to commute, and it is largely unsafe.  This is a town I'm nervous to DRIVE in, much less ride on an EUC. 

So, I've decided to put my wheel up for sale.  Despite it being a learner wheel, it is in good operational condition, but with some cosmetic storytelling to go along with it, primarily the foot pedals, and some minor body scuffs.  There is no broken plastic, and the only thing electronic that's questionable is one LED on one side that is missing some green output.  I started to learn to ride in the grass where any falls I would suffer would be softened by the dirt underneath, and would save harm to myself and the wheel.  I went into this ordeal knowing it was going to get scuffed up because I've never ridden one of these before.

This wheel is black, and I have applied some of the piping that comes in the box to its casing to save some scuffs if I can.  The foot pegs, as I mentioned, are scarred up a moderate amount from my learning experiences, but are in good repair otherwise.  It has 563.5KIm on the clock, so fairly low mileage, and it will charge completely.  My research on battery care indicates that it is best to keep the battery between 30-80% most of the time, with the occasional charge to 100% when you know you are going to ride it soon thereafter.  The quick charger will be included and has the capacity to select 3, 4, or 5A charging, and to cut it off at 80, 90, or 100% charge  It also has a fan in it, and a voltage readout, and is built with heavier gauge wires than the stock charger.  I will include both, and the original box, which is a double-box.  All safety functions work correctly including tilt-back, speakers, voice warnings and lights, and this wheel is bi-directional.  It has a headlight and tail/brake light on both sides.  It's on the original tire, which still has a good tread on it, and the wheel has been stored with roughly 45% charge on it.  It's never a good idea to store it with a full charge.  I have not had to open this wheel for any reason.  It has never cut out on me, and despite cutting it close on available range, has never left me stranded. 

I wish I could advertise a pristine wheel, but that's not the case.  Anyone who takes up EUC riding has to learn somewhere, and this one was mine.  I've gotten back up and back "in the saddle" more than my fair share of times, but a broken arm is going to have to be a stopping point for me.  I can only take so much abuse before I draw the line, and say, "yeah, this was kind of a crazy idea to begin with," but what a ride!  I really enjoyed my time.  I just wish my local infrastructure was better, and the same for my personal biological infrastructure. 

Thanks for reading, and I will update and lock appropriately when this wheel moves.  Pictures will be provided upon request.  Feel free to ask me anything you like about this, and I will do my best to answer your questions. 

Asking $750 shipped, MSRP on EWheels is $1,175+tax. 

• 2 weeks later...

I believe they did for me.  Any item purchased online and shipped to South Carolina from any vendor is subject to a use tax equal to the local sales tax in the area.  And even if they don't charge it on their website, I still have to claim it and pay it.  For me, that's 9%.  But I digress...  Asking $750, and I will take care of the shipping wherever it goes, regardless. 

Wheel is still for sale. 

Edited by Designated_david
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have no problem selling the wheel for that much, or coming down a bit, but I still have to ship it, and it's stupid expensive to do that with a box this heavy.  Will post pictures shortly, if you all are still interested.  Will do that today. 

It's still for sale, and no, I haven't forgotten about all of you, just time constrained lately is all. 

3 hours ago, Designated_david said:

I have no problem selling the wheel for that much, or coming down a bit, but I still have to ship it, and it's stupid expensive to do that with a box this heavy.  Will post pictures shortly, if you all are still interested.  Will do that today. 

It's still for sale, and no, I haven't forgotten about all of you, just time constrained lately is all. 

You should contact eWheels and they will help with shipping, it is much cheaper using their rates.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Themarsman said:

You should contact eWheels and they will help with shipping, it is much cheaper using their rates.  

I read something about that, something about using their account to get better shipping rates.  I guess I'd have to make private arrangements with the buyer to accommodate them, see what shipping would be to their zip code and such. 

That being said, with regard to coming down on the price, excluding shipping, I don't think this is worth less than $600, and a quick charger is included, and I'll also throw in the pads that I Have.  I think that two chargers, pads, piping, and new spare leg pads for the wheel add value, and it's in its original shipping box with matching serial numbers.  There are a lot of people out there who put a lot more miles (or Kilometers as it were), or even hours on their wheel.  This one's still on its original tire, and it still has a good amount of meat left on it. 

12 hours ago, Designated_david said:

Pictures as promised. 

There is an image upload limit size, so I uploaded 6 images to google drive.  Linked below...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NTylArFVDb5x018-FRze7KkcoubPa1js?usp=sharing

For future reference, you can screen shot your fotos and they won’t be too big.

On 2/15/2021 at 11:05 AM, WI_Hedgehog said:

Sad to hear about your accident, things like that aren't common but they do happen.

You could get back on that horse and ride...roll when you fall..

Tuck and roll is always good advice, but quick reactions are sometimes just what happens.  I wasn't going very fast, I just got a foot board caught on a curb at a low speed, and my upper arm broke right near the shoulder socket when I put my hands out to catch myself, as noted in the video you linked. 

I don't have a lot of people around me as far as family and friends go, and with that being said, I think it's a good idea to consider how fragile we really are, and the infrastructure and riding conditions of where I live and work and reevaluate my decision to purchase this thing.  I could always slap on more gear, and I do enjoy riding the wheel, but I think it's time I moved on to safer things. 

That was a good video you linked, though.  Thanks!  I was wondering what happened to Duf, I haven't been able to find his channel the last time I looked for it. 

• Like 1

Same here on the family and friends, so I respect your position on it. 

I take some precautions in my own life, like, well, hmmm...I'm careful on stairs--don't want to land at the bottom all busted up with a smashed phone! And I try not to eat real hot food. :unsure:

• 1 month later...