New 2021 Sherman Veteran higher pedals (5 cm)

Finn Bjerke

This posted exactly as I was paying for my Sherman from eWheels in the US:cry2:  EDIT: I actually just noticed that I ordered the one with the street tire by mistake, so I'll be waiting it looks like, I'd be curious to see how the pedal height works out, not a deal breaker for me though.

Edited by RetroThruster

The latest information, that possibly has even been confirmed by Veteran, is that the pedal height increase is by Only 1cm (all that can safely be achieved by modifying the pedal hanger's motor hole position and lifting the whole wheel assembly!)

This topic is already being discussed in a thread that was started at the beginning of December, so more information can be found about it here:

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, A10flyinglow said:

Has anyone ordered from this company linked at top? AliExpressWheel Riders Store 
I was going to place an order for the 2021. I watched a recent video that said don't buy from Aliexpress because some of the Companies put after market components that make them catch on fire.

Some shops on AliExpress sell a China version of a wheel. It may come with GotWay spec battery. Some shops do sell a wheel with a modified battery and custom BMS. Usually it looks to be a Gotway model. You can inquire w the shop and they will tell you what they are selling.

In my area there isn’t a big distributor like ewheels so I felt the stock on AliExpress was newer than what a  “local online” business would have. I was extremely happy with the V10F. Ordered in 2020 and it had 2020 mfg dates. List price was $300 cheaper than local plus savings on taxes. Total being $550 cdn cheaper. Just had to wait 50 days for it to arrive. 

I inquired about warranty. It’s a bit of compromise. I would need to pay for shipping if I can’t diagnose the issue myself and document by video. They would then submit to the manufacturer and ship me the defective parts but I would then have to replace parts myself. I am handy so Would likely fix the wheel myself. Otherwise , I would be out months as I ship the wheel back to them and have it shipped back. They said shipping cost is reduced but I would pay for it to get to them. 

AliExpress is marketplace like Amazon. They have consumer protection. 

I just ordered my second wheel from WheelRiders. They packed the item and video taped whats in the boxes with my name and submitted to me. With taxes and included accessories which they don’t seem to include here (seat fender), the price is $1000 cheaper than buying local for a Veteran Sherman. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 9:43 PM, A10flyinglow said:
Has anyone ordered from this company linked at top? AliExpressWheel Riders Store 

Hi there.

I have placed three orders in 2020 with them, and found them to be good communicators, fast enough (for AliExpress) and trustworthy. I ordered a Ninebot Z10, a Zero 10x 60V scooter and various parts and accessories. I eventually sold these items on, though they were perfect in every regard.

I chose to order my Sherman and GotWay MCM5 from a UK vendor, and bought my KS-S18 used which was also originally sourced from a UK vendor. However I would use Wheel Riders Store again in future, it is just that I got a good price and good service from the local vendor latterly.

Speaking of this thread, the title is highly misleading, it should include a question mark. 
Just like the thread about "official" 16" Veteran.

Edited by null
  • Like 1