Aftermarket street tire!!

Dean Meintjes

Wanted to try something different, supposed to be one of the best bmx tires on the market. I just like the fact you can inflate this tire to 110psi

I inflated it to 80psi and it feels great on the street, the Bot seems to glide alot easier and sticks like glue in sharp turns even on very smooth concrete. Will be curious to see how far I can go on one charge or if it even makes a difference. 

http://shop.maxxis.com/c/bicycle_bmx_hookworm

23624887372_f67c8a2982_b.jpg

23437680220_2a5a82d020_b.jpg

23624884812_1fe41fb427_b.jpg

23105251284_7c9c891911_b.jpg

23106309193_e71aa49ab0_b.jpg

23707287166_b25df110d2_b.jpg

Nice find! I would definitely consider trying one of those after the threat of snow goes away here in the Northeast. It looks like a great tire for  smooth pavement. I'm interested to hear if it affects  your battery life as well, as I expect it might . 

As for now, I am going to be going more in the direction of Speedy Feet's Mad Max knobby tire change, and will post a review of that tire in another week or two. Unfortunately trails around here don't have near the smoothness that I think would make riding on trails the most enjoyable (way too many rocks and roots, all covered with a ton of leaves), otherwise I might want to leave the knobby on all the time for the better offroad grip, despite a lot more noise and probably less range while on pavement. 

2 hours ago, Cranium said:

Is it just the picture angle that makes the Maxxis wider than the Ninebot's tire?

Probably not. Even though it is a 16 inch tire, it doesn't match up exactly with the original, which is 16x2.125. 

This Maxxis is 16x1.95, which means it is slightly less in diameter, and yes, definitely does look wider. 

Keep us updated how the ride feels and I am personally interested if you "lose" less air than with the standard tires. Eventhough I switched tubes, I still need to refill the air on a weekly basis and I just feel thats way too often.

1 hour ago, Jag_Rip said:

Keep us updated how the ride feels and I am personally interested if you "lose" less air than with the standard tires. Eventhough I switched tubes, I still need to refill the air on a weekly basis and I just feel thats way too often.

http://www.nitrofill.com/

I think filling a tire with nitrogen like at one of the places in the link above might be more expensive than it's worth. But maybe they wouldn't charge much for such a small tire like the ninebots, and maybe you wouldn't have to refill as much if you used nitrogen. Granted, there's a lot of maybes there,  but it still might be worth a try.

Yeah good point @BecauseFun, I had that in mind as well, most of the car-garages that switch to wintertires nowadays offer a nitrogen filling. Maybe I can get a free fill for a smile to test at least. Another thing I want to try is to use another valve than the one that came with the tube.

I would be interested in a tire with integrated puncture protection. There are different ones for bicycles but I did´nt find anything for a unicycle.

After having my first puncture resulting in carrying the ninebot for many kilometers I would love having a solution for saving the tire. I know there are bands that are put between tire and tube but I heard they are hard to install and often cause the tube being hurt. At the moment I´m having slime in the tube - don´t know if this really protects it...

8 hours ago, One said:

I would be interested in a tire with integrated puncture protection. There are different ones for bicycles but I did´nt find anything for a unicycle.

After having my first puncture resulting in carrying the ninebot for many kilometers I would love having a solution for saving the tire. I know there are bands that are put between tire and tube but I heard they are hard to install and often cause the tube being hurt. At the moment I´m having slime in the tube - don´t know if this really protects it...

I always put Green Slim in my ATV Tires.  It at least keeps in enough air so that I can ride back to camp.  Not sure on this small tire, but it doesn't hurt to try.  It's a mess if it does pop and you need to do a repair.

Here's another option for a color match.  Have no idea if it's any good though.

PS:  @Dean Meintjes That Maxxis looks good on your wheel.

White Tire.jpg

Archived