Tilts backwards when powered on

Jet89

Maybe it might of over charged a bit maybe you could lift it up some how and let it spin to use a bit of battery,  if that is the case you need to check output of charger ,,, not getting you worried but its something to check

Edited by stephen

Was it fully discharged when you started? I’m assuming you’re on the stock charger so 6 hours from dead isn’t terrible. But they usually ship wheels at 30-50% charge so I would think that even with a slow charger you’d be past 56% by now.

Thing is that failure to charge normally is indeed a warning sign. Keep a very close eye on it.

9 hours ago, Jet89 said:

I just got the S18. I went on a short ride. Now, whenever I power it on, it starts tilting backwards. Any thoughts? 

7 hours ago, Jet89 said:

I’ll try the recalibration. As far as being over charged. I’ve had it plugged into the charger for about 6 hrs now and it’s only at 56%. Is this another concern?

It is unplugged from charger when you turn it on , just asking cause you had it on the charger and not given it a full charge yet.

Firstly see if it will full charge

Then calibrate it 

And let us know

8 hours ago, Jet89 said:

I’ll try the recalibration. As far as being over charged. I’ve had it plugged into the charger for about 6 hrs now and it’s only at 56%. Is this another concern?

With the 20s3p battery pack of 5000 mAh 21700 cells and the standard charger delivering 2.5A it should take very roughly 15/2.5 6h for charging (as written on some websites)

Getting only to 56% is a sign of either a bad charger, bad wiring or bad batteries!

So be carefull with charge attempts and do not charge unattended!

So return it to the reseller on warranty! If you have a voltmeter you could measure the charger before.

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 3