Ips T260+

Gary Wu

Hi all,  just trying to learn something new and take on unicycling.  I got myself a Ips T260+ as my first learning wheel.  I will like to ask what is the different between comfort and sport mode as I could see these 2 functions when I using the ips Bluetooth apps.

Is it true that I have to travel for 100km before the 30km/hr option is available to me?

I had just upgrade it to 4.0.2 if I am not wrong. Will there be any " sudden death"  issues? 

Can someone actually guide me how to do the calibration thing which is available in the ips app?

Pardon about the nookie questions. 

Hello, and welcome!

Theoretically, comfort mode is a little more relaxed, allowing the device to tilt a little more before the motor responds. Sport mode is supposed to react a little quicker. I always leave it in sport mode, just in case I need to brake/accelerate suddenly. In reality I don't detect much of a difference between them.

If your unicycle was manufactured after September 2015 you should be able to increase the maximum speed to 30km/h. Before September, IPS either used a different motor and/or a different control board that doesn't support 30km/h, and you'll be stuck with 20km/h max. speed.

IPS hasn't had a problem with updates, so you should be fine updating.

You shouldn't have to calibrate the device! If you really need to, instructions are provided in the app.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a very good unicycle to chose as your learning unicycle! :) haha.

If I was you I wouldn't unlock the 30km/h before getting to 100km and I'd hope that when I get there it will be unlocked ;) 

I wish you the best of luck!

Archived