Jump to content

Inmotion v11 honeycomb pedal upgrade: super grippy heavy metal, its very good.


Recommended Posts

The new original Inmotion v11 pedals is not what I expected. Its much better. Man the extra control you get is worth every penny. You get much more "foot power" and you can turn the wheel with very little effort.  Gewtting on abnd off the wheel is much better. Dont hesistate buy em. 

I tested using honeycomb pedal on left foot and the old one on the other foot. Hands down: This is an improvement - its worth the lolly.  Install: dead easy. 

Tech spec 
They are heavy and made of metal or rather 6061 T6 alloy. The Nylonove foot pedals are made of polyamid 6 - I assumed the The inmotion "original-copy" was made of light strong and elegant nylon material, but I got the heavy handed communist steeeeel workers solution.  Bloody typical. But maybe its good and  rustfree?  You never know do you?  Sofa test: yes its grippy. More than the sandpaper solution is. So there are two options the Inmotion  6061 T6  solution or the "nylon" solution (Polyamid 6) 
Grippyness road test: Very good. 
Studs: Adjustable good, very good
Paint job: so so 
Weight: Not what I expected. Rather heavy. (Polyamid 6 is 7 times lighter than metal) 
Pix: 
https://ibb.co/n1LZWBn
https://ibb.co/Kx6sY9c
https://ibb.co/k9HLp1n
https://ibb.co/98hFwGh

The nylonove are made of polyamid 6 and if I remember correctly the price for Inmotion "original copy" is 130 USD while the Nylonove is 190 USD or so. 

Aluminium alloy 6061 is a medium to high strength heat-treatable alloy with a strength higher than 6005A. It has very good corrosion resistance and very good weldability although reduced strength in the weld zone. It has medium fatigue strength.

Polyamid 6 is described here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nylon_6

Edited by Finn Bjerke
more info
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Finn Bjerke changed the title to Inmotion v11 honecomb pedal upgrade: super grippy heavy metal, its very good.

Thx mate. 
40 kilometres later: I LOVE THIS.  Everything is better- but there is a pressure on my feet - it takes some getting use too.  Maybe I can switch from the soft soled Vans to my flat MC boots and still get the "foot feel" of the wheel ... The MC boots are now flat soled with the kind assistance of my local sexy shoemaker chic.  ALternatively the studs needs some adjusting.... 

Get them footpads people. Maybe Nylonove are better I dont know. I really dig these - thx Inmotion. 

Are the new GW Monster V3 also ecquipped with these pedals ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, bad news, the Inmotion Honeycomb pedals don't fit on my MSP, the pedal hangers are too different so they get angled upwards by a whole lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Finn Bjerke changed the title to Inmotion v11 honeycomb pedal upgrade: super grippy heavy metal, its very good.
19 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Damn.....  Cant you ride the V11 at all? I ride mine despite noisy bearings.  I just fill the helmet with music and hope 4 the best. 

It's very very loud, I would be embarrassed and probably arrested, sticking with my MSP for now. 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites

Took some pictures to demonstrate, this is the angle you get with these pedals on the MSP, it might be possible to file them down if you really wanted to.

20201220_102951.jpg

20201220_102958.jpg

20201220_103012.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arrested for noisy bearings, damn that is police state, danes LOVE to talk about Sweden being a police state. Its wrong wrong wrong, the Scandinavian police state is Norway. In Denmark EUCs are "legal" as long as the bloody machine cant go faster than 22 km/t.  Swedish tech "Flic" botton can degrade my speed in 1 secund if police gets too close.  So far no problem ..... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Noregian and Danish Bureaucrats coordinate a lot of shit.  lotsa lwas are the same... some of em are good.   In Norway one wonderfull hot summer disel fumes closed down 6 major cities. 

 

WE NEED LEGAL EUCs FOR URBAN USE.  WE ARE THE FUTURE, WE MIGHT LOOK WEIRD BUT WE NEED LESS CARS. WE NEED A SPEED LIMIT TOO. SOME OF THE ADHD-EUC RIDERS ARE BONKERs

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2020 at 10:50 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

Thx mate. 
40 kilometres later: I LOVE THIS.  Everything is better- but there is a pressure on my feet - it takes some getting use too.  Maybe I can switch from the soft soled Vans to my flat MC boots and still get the "foot feel" of the wheel ... The MC boots are now flat soled with the kind assistance of my local sexy shoemaker chic.  ALternatively the studs needs some adjusting.... 

Get them footpads people. Maybe Nylonove are better I dont know. I really dig these - thx Inmotion. 

Are the new GW Monster V3 also ecquipped with these pedals ? 

I was waiting for the nylonove for the v11 as I really like them for my mten3 (light and  slightly bouncy, less hurt when they hit you) but they are still not available so went for the 'official' ones. Those look nicer and work great on the v11.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slow boat from China..... They said i would 2 month It took 3 weeks ...  

its a great product but Nylonove and Hextech are also good Im told   --- musc better riding with this 

Yeah its pricewy... its worth it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

 

On 12/19/2020 at 6:31 AM, Rawnei said:

Welp, bad news, the Inmotion Honeycomb pedals don't fit on my MSP, the pedal hangers are too different so they get angled upwards by a whole lot.

V11 pedals work perfectly fine on most MSPs - this includes V11 Stock pedals and V11 Honeycomb. I got my Honeycombs today, their greeeeaat!. That left me with an extra pair of stock V11 pedals for my MSP - works fine, nice upgrade for the MSP.

It just don't work for unlucky people that have the very first few batches of MSPs (the ones that have extra slanted pedals). 

 

IMG_20210202_192119.jpg

IMG_20210202_192129.jpg

IMG_20210202_192139.jpg

IMG_20210202_192307.jpg     IMG_20210202_192043.jpg.ac2709d5f82abeb34ac802711159c76e.jpg

Edited by Tryptych
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

V11 pedals work perfectly fine on most MSPs - this includes V11 Stock pedals and V11 Honeycomb. I got my Honeycombs today, their greeeeaat!. That left me with an extra pair of stock V11 pedals for my MSP - works fine, nice upgrade for the MSP.

It just don't work for unlucky people that have the very first few batches of MSPs (the ones that have extra slanted pedals).

That's great, mine is not first batch though it's latest batch with flat large monster pedals.

I put the honeycomb on my V11 instead as originally planned since I had the motor changed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 11:49 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

Swedish tech "Flic" botton can degrade my speed in 1 secund if police gets too close.  So far no problem ..... 

Where did you buy this button?. I need this too.

What is the official name for it?. Do you have any links?. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Dang!  I installed these pedals tonight for a ride tomorrow but mine did not come with 2 axels the instructions packing slip say are included.  After talking with EUCO support they caim they do not come with axels but would gladly write up a new invoice for them.  Did you guys all get axels?

The box was was clearly opened by EUCO so they could slip some EUCO swag in there.  Am I getting a shakedown to pay for axels twice?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2021 at 10:43 PM, Rawnei said:

That's great, mine is not first batch though it's latest batch with flat large monster pedals.

I put the honeycomb on my V11 instead as originally planned since I had the motor changed.

Can you file it down the pedal hanger to lower the angle?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, newbie101 said:

Can you file it down the pedal hanger to lower the angle?

You can yes, I ordered some gotway official honeycomb pedals for the MSP though. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 9:29 PM, Rich Sam said:

Dang!  I installed these pedals tonight for a ride tomorrow but mine did not come with 2 axels the instructions packing slip say are included.  After talking with EUCO support they caim they do not come with axels but would gladly write up a new invoice for them.  Did you guys all get axels?

The box was was clearly opened by EUCO so they could slip some EUCO swag in there.  Am I getting a shakedown to pay for axels twice?

 

I just received an email from EUCO, and they apologized for their prior communication saying rods cost extra.  Rods should come in the package.  They are shipping now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...