Climbing angle GotWay 14 and Gotway 18 (middle)

^tom^

Hi all

I tested the climbing angle on a ramp with continious the same angle with a smooth surface and is arround 10 Meters long.

I am 100 Kilo and used the GW14 and GW18 with arround 95% charged battery (340wh and 680wh).

The ramp has a angle of 17.4° or 31.33%.

Both wheel can not start within this angle to drive or start to drive in the corner from 0 to 17°.

The GW18 need a minimum speed from arround 1km/h to drive this ramp up otherwise the wheel will not do anything exept clicking like a stepper motor.

Both wheel can do it, if you have a certain speed already (2km/h will be enough I think), but both at the limit to do it!

Then downhill I had more problem with the GW18, it was not able to break my weight.

The GW14 runs at the limit of current and the GW18 does not have enough power.

Remember: I am 100 Kilogramm (as reference)

Disappointed?

Not me and now I know the limit of my wheels (my limit is earlier anyway).

Usually the anlge that streets etc. here have is arround 12° what is 21%.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very surprised that they can't start from stationary at just 17.4 degrees.  With a running start I think GW14 can climb 30 degrees SUSTAINED.  As for GW18 I think it may have something to do with the "lever effect" John Chew talked about.  Is your GW14 a MCM, MCM2, or MCM2s?  Is your GW18 a gen 1 or gen 2?  Which version is it?  High torque, medium, or High speed?

I am very surprised that they can't start from stationary at just 17.4 degrees.  With a running start I think GW14 can climb 30 degrees SUSTAINED.  As for GW18 I think it may have something to do with the "lever effect" John Chew talked about.  Is your GW14 a MCM, MCM2, or MCM2s?  Is your GW18 a gen 1 or gen 2?  Which version is it?  High torque, medium, or High speed?

I have the middle GW18 version.

How I find out, what version of GW I have?

I have the middle GW18 version.

How I find out, what version of GW I have?

You could do a beep and motor cut-off test by lifting the wheel above the ground and gradually getting it to spin faster and faster while monitoring it on the 4.0 GW app.

My fast version of Msuper1 at 60v is
Final beep 39 km/h

Motor cut 48 km/h

My middle version of Msuper1 at 60v is

Final beep 32 km/h

Motor cut 40 km/h

I don't have the High Torque (slow version) to test.  Perhaps Gimlet can provide those stats.

Tried it on my high torque one this morning.

The first double beep came in at 24/25 the triple beep at 26/27 and the constant beeping 29/30 it went on to run constantly at 34 but the slightest extra lean and it cut out.

Tried it on my high torque one this morning.

The first double beep came in at 24/25 the triple beep at 26/27 and the constant beeping 29/30 it went on to run constantly at 34 but the slightest extra lean and it cut out.

Wait.  Is this a "lift your wheel off the ground" test or were you actually riding it?

Didn't Gimlet have a special version for beeps programmed by the factory for him self?

I was asking how I identify my GotWay (version of 1 or 2, MCM etc.). For the GW18 as I already wrote I have the middle version.

Well there you have it.  Complete tests for all three versions (final alarm / motor cut)

Fast 39/48

Middle 32/40

Slow 29/34

Where did you get this information?
On this basis, I have, therefore, been sold the wrong product. I have subscribed to speed version. But the motor is cut 40kmh. F * ck!
That is, it is, therefore, Midle. Another F ** k!
I'm really angry.
So I was, after all, right from the very beginning. This is what I was skeptical in the beginning.

I am currently awaiting the arrival of my Gotway 18" fast version from Jane. I requested the beeps to be set at 35, 37 & 39 so will try to remember to report back.

I only realised that MCM was Gotway & not a different make of EU after I had ordered but am sure I got the best available.

On this basis, I have, therefore, been sold the wrong product. I have subscribed to speed version. But the motor is cut 40kmh. F * ck!
I'm really angry.
So I was, after all, right from the very beginning. This is what I was skeptical in the beginning.

I tested my fast and medium versions.  Gimlet tested his low (high torque) version.  Check thread history for details on how we tested.

I only know during driveing if I have two beeps I have pretty exactly 20km/h (GPS speed) with the middle version.

Is there not a info from some, that all the Super18 speed versions have the beeps at the same speed (if not custom programmed)?

okay
I also tested the lifting
And it does just as your version of Speed.
It therefore behaves differently when driving as if lifted up.
Interesting.
When driving, the engine shuts down at 40 kph, and raising 48kmh.
That said, I therefore have the correct version :)
Could this somehow be changed so that, it will fail the driving 48kmh? I would consider this :)

I'm really angry.

I think you are referring to real life usage test as opposed to the lift test that arbee and I did.

In real life the final warning beeps come at 80% power usage and are not speed related so they happen at a much lower speed as does the motor cut out.

Nothing to do with battery charge.

The motor only has a certain amount of power that is available, it is monitored and when 80% is being used you get the final warning it will be at a lower speed if you are going up hill, have low air pressure in your tyres, traveling into a head wind or carrying a lot of weight.

The 20% reserve is meant to be kept for balancing when you hit bumps and hollows or just lean a bit farther forward.

If you do decide to test the limit you are using this 20% and leaving no reserve for balancing when you do hit a dip or bump and obviously if you carry on pushing the limit you will find it and the wheel will give up. The speed at which this happens is not a constant and will vary with all the above mentioned variables.

okay
I also tested the lifting
And it does just as your version of Speed.
It therefore behaves differently when driving as if lifted up.
Interesting.
When driving, the engine shuts down at 40 kph, and raising 48kmh.
That said, I therefore have the correct version :)
Could this somehow be changed so that, it will fail the driving 48kmh? I would consider this :)

Yeah I'm sure results with a weight load vs none makes a huge difference.  It's good that you tested that for all of us to know.  I'm still not sure how you fell off at 40 km/h and seemingly uninjured (since you didn't talk about that).  Lots of safety gear perhaps?

I have told my thread in more detail in the fall ..
I plan to test.

But in brief .. Indeed, I fell down because the engine shuts itself off at 41kmh. I have good guards, and I could not even hurt.
It should be noted that the helmet has never touched the ground.
Although the collapse came as a surprise.
I just caving in when my legs are no longer borne.
I continued by rotating a couple of times, and the rest of the comfort of sliding :)
I drove to the border of the maximum acceleration and a bit too much :D

After this, I am no longer afraid to fall so much, when I noticed that it does not happen so than imagined. So do not fall face first mother earth.

By the way .. This forum has been very useful source of information   :wub:

Archived