App for Ninebot One E+

Alankevis

I've been using both Ninedroid and Ninebot apps, trying to see which one is better. In terms of stability, both of them were perfectly stable for me. In terms of "optimized", I don't know what you're after but I can say that functionally both apps seem equivalent in terms of controlling the Ninebot. The main difference is indeed the user interface. I'd suggest you may as well download both and try for yourself.

If however you only want to use one app, the choice is pretty clear to me. The Ninebot app has the more modern interface and is the one that Ninebot intend to actively develop going forward. That last point should be the deciding factor if all else is equal.

• 1 month later...

Good video thanks.  I can confirm that if you want to turn off the lights altogether, disable the 'lamp power switch' in the app.  It is really annoying that they give you the speed limiting feature which works well, but don't let you set it above 10kph.  This would be a useful feature for me if I could set it higher, now I have to disable it!

5 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

It is really annoying that they give you the speed limiting feature which works well, but don't let you set it above 10kph.  This would be a useful feature for me if I could set it higher, now I have to disable it!

You can set it to 12kph in the Android App.  You can borrow a friends phone and set it, just don't change it back in the iOS app.

For what it's worth, I wish I could set it to 12 MPH so I never touched the High Speed Warning again.

Why set the speed limiter at all?  Just don't go so fast..   Maybe I missed some earlier discussion.  I don't set the speed limiter, just turn it off.  And then pay attention to how fast you are going, for example by the sound that the machine is making.  Anyway, this is my approach.   Maybe it is a question I am asking..  Why do you set the speed limiter at all? 

Just now, dpong said:

Why do you set the speed limiter at all? 

I don't set it on mine, but if I could set 12 or 13 MPH, I would.  I'm constantly touching the High Speed Tilt Back at 14-15 MPH and I would rather not get near that at all.  I do try to keep my speed down, but it would be nice to have an extra layer of protection.

5 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I don't set it on mine, but if I could set 12 or 13 MPH, I would.  I'm constantly touching the High Speed Tilt Back at 14-15 MPH and I would rather not get near that at all.  I do try to keep my speed down, but it would be nice to have an extra layer of protection.

You are Superman!  By the time I reach 13mph I don't need any prompting to slow my quivering self down.  Have you had X-rays yet?  I had X-rays.  :lol:

And by the way, tilt-back at high speed feels scarier to me than no tilt-back.  But I'm still on 1.2.2 firmware, where the speed limited tilt-back is quite abrupt.  

Hehe.  No, have not face planted yet, and I'd like to keep it that way. ;)

It makes my blood vessels in my arms ache when it happens, that's why I'd like an earlier tilt back set up.  I'll be the first guy to have a heart attack on a wheel.

PS:  I've had MANY X-Rays, but none because of the wheel YET.  I sort of glow at night. 

body_56.jpg.1783ac7f657829f27ba3c19084c1

I would like to have it as a reminder not to go too fast, and also to make sure the kids don't overdo it. It's easy to let the speed gradually creep up cruising along feeling comfortable.  I was surprised the other day when I took out my phone and saw how fast I was going, as opposed to how fast I thought I was going.  Its a good feature, and nice to be able to turn it off, but why would they put it in only for the lowest speeds? As far as I can tell, it wouldn't take any more effort on the part of the developers to let you choose any speed up to max.  I cant think of any marketing reasons either...

7 minutes ago, Shoe73 said:

I would like to have it as a reminder not to go too fast, and also to make sure the kids don't overdo it. It's easy to let the speed gradually creep up cruising along feeling comfortable.  I was surprised the other day when I took out my phone and saw how fast I was going, as opposed to how fast I thought I was going.  Its a good feature, and nice to be able to turn it off, but why would they put it in only for the lowest speeds? As far as I can tell, it wouldn't take any more effort on the part of the developers to let you choose any speed up to max.  I cant think of any marketing reasons either...

You are right.  Whatever the customer (you) want is what is important.   Develop control and awareness and you can limit your own speed, and I'm not implying you can't do this now, in fact I'm implying that you can do this now.  But whatever features you desire, and others desire, the manufacturers should see to it.  And you are not being unreasonable in the least.  Like you, I see no reason for them not to include the features you are requesting.  Perhaps they will do that. 

[And for the kids, that is a super-desirable feature, for sure.]

Ok, Check THIS out!  I just decompiled the Ninedroid App and did some modifications.  I applied 17km/h using NineDroid, and when I go to the iOS app, it's still holding!

Now, I need to test ride and see if it actually makes the change, or if it's just for looks...

Screenshot_2016-01-27-20-58-37.png.99705 Screenshot_2016-01-27-20-58-29.png.392f7 IMG_1718.PNG.dfedcee2b7b88f2b24b6dad2f4a

Just got back from Walmart parking lot.  I guess the Firmware does NOT use 17.  It still topped out at 12km/h.  I'm going to see if I can find out the highest limit the Firmware WILL use.  I know it uses 12 from the NineDroid app as I can see a speed difference between that and the 10 that the NineBot app uses.

It's strange, because 17km/h is stored in the NineBot One, because I can see it in ANY of the apps after setting it, but it's just not used.  I'll see if there is another number that it WILL use, or I'll see if I can peek inside the Firmware and add numbers.  Hmmm, this will be fun.

4 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I guess NineBot is reading this forum (I'm glad about that, by the way)...  They just pulled the NineDroid app from the Google Play Store today.

Or then it's just a coincidence... it's not like a f**kload of people didn't have the .apk's stored already ;)  

5 minutes ago, esaj said:

Or then it's just a coincidence... it's not like a f**kload of people didn't have the .apk's stored already ;)  

I'd like to believe they are actually reading the forums to keep up on what people are saying so they can make adjustments.  Maybe it's just hopeful thinking.  ^_^

One more thing.  I'm not sure I will use the Speed Limit setting anyways, because when I test it at 12km/h, the Tilt Back is SO severe, it's uncomfortable at that speed, let alone at a higher speed.

Hi SuperSport, 

I just got my E+ from ForwardCA, and it is using 1.2.2, but the new Ninebot app said need to update to 1.3.5 first. How can I keep the 1.2.2 and use the new app? Thanks

1 minute ago, nbxpq3 said:

How can I keep the 1.2.2 and use the new app? Thanks

I really don't know if you can do that.  According to the test I did yesterday, the Firmware AND App must both have equal parts.  Have you tried the older NineDroid app to see if that works?

That's a tough call.  Some people prefer the older firmware.  I prefer the newer.  You will need to make that call.

PS:  Where are you located?  Sonoma County, or closer to Sac?

Archived