EUC World - Charging control in upcoming 2.4 release

Seba

On 2/17/2021 at 5:00 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

EUC.world's charging control (when set to 100% SOC) does not use the EUC-reported voltage to stop the charging. Instead, it stops charging an hour after the HS110-reported power falls below 30 Watts.

That same info can be retrieved on KS wheels from the wheel itself, without the need of a HS110. KS S18, in contrast with say niinebots c.e.p, reports amperage when charging, so if a 30Watts cuttoff limit is what is needed, it can be done with no smart plug, even a 5USD sonoff will do. 

p.s.
We talk about batteries and bms's, I even criticize kingsong a bit, I can't help it, but it I also find this detail interesting: :)

Prior to self balancing scooters business, King song has been engaged in developing and producing power bank protection board

https://www.kingsong.com/aboutkingsong.html

Edited by enaon

On 2/16/2021 at 9:27 PM, Oleg Artene said:

I would like more control in setting percentage limit - a slider (like the speed limit option)

I asked this because I wanted limit to 95%. But after a fast research I am ok with 90%

----

Battery life > Degradation

New data has shown that exposure to heat and the use of fast charging promote the degradation of Li-ion batteries more than age and actual use. Charging Li-ion batteries beyond 80% can drastically accelerate battery degradation.

Thank you for the info! You saved my battery. 

I was about to always do 90% charging, with the best intentions in mind.

There should be a warning in app when you open the Limit by Percentage option, for newbies like me.

P.S. For those who don't understand why no balancing is bad: Video1, Video2

About "Disable battery balancing" option - so EUC.World has complete control over charging/BMS (not only monitoring and plug on/off)? 

If so, should I trust it my wheel internal settings and possibly leaving them in some invalid/harmful state?

Or on "Disable balancing" it just turns off the plug when charging power starts to drop (beginning of balancing phase)? 

----

At the moment I change to 100% and don't disable balancing. So far it looks good (KS18L) screenshot:

Spoiler

ymx10ep.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Now that i finally got my Sherman i find this charge plug interesting (tesla don't turn on at charge), but a few thoughts.

If the plug cuts the power to the charger, but the wheel is still connected, isn't that bad for the charger and possibly even the wheel (charger working as a small load)?

Most "Cheap china chargers" (all of the included ones) I am sure will act as a load if connected without power (unless the wheel prevents it)

Also as per recomendation the wheel should be disconnected first, then the charger, to prevent sparks. Not sure how this will act if the capacitors in the charger has been drained (unless the wheel keep em charged even with power off).

The idea is really cool, i just want to make sure its safe for the wheel, charger....and batteries :) (= also my apartment)

Edited by Boogieman

3 hours ago, Seba said:

it's best to connect charger to the wall socket first, then connect it to the wheel.

Been waiting for a solid answer from somebody regarding this for a while. Thank you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

my app crashed 2 times in the last 2 days, it recorded the logs and uploaded it (not all), but i'm missing the tours

tours has been recorded by the phone in the last two days but are not present on the website. I've done a full wipe of the app data and seems that now works in the correct way.

there's a way to recover the tours i'm missing ?

21 hours ago, EMA said:

my app crashed 2 times in the last 2 days, it recorded the logs and uploaded it (not all), but i'm missing the tours

tours has been recorded by the phone in the last two days but are not present on the website. I've done a full wipe of the app data and seems that now works in the correct way.

there's a way to recover the tours i'm missing ?

Tours could be recovered if you did not perform a full app data wipe :( This deleted the entire application database.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Tours could be recovered if you did not perform a full app data wipe :( This deleted the entire application database.

ok good to know :)

can be recovered from logs ?

12 minutes ago, EMA said:

ok good to know :)

can be recovered from logs ?

Unfortunately no :(

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EMA said:

It's possibile to generate gpx track from logs ?

I THINK its possible from the csv files. I sometimes use the csv data for my headsup displays.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EMA said:

It's possibile to generate gpx track from logs ?

In theory yes, as it contains all required data, but you will need some external tool to do this.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Reciodvd said:

With the latest version the RockWheel Gt16 has stopped connecting, you must have cleaned the protocols that I sent you a long time ago

Please send an issue report from menu; I'll check it.

• 7 months later...
On 1/3/2021 at 9:21 AM, Seba said:

Thanks for info about KP115 :) However rumours about HS110 discontinuation are yet to be confirmed. For example, HS110 on French TP-Link site is marked as "Nouveaute" ("New"). KS115 is an upcoming product that is not yet available in stores. Anyway, when KS115 will be available, I'll get one to verify if it can be used with EUC World, so American users will have an option to pricey, US version of HS110.

HS110 is now (at least at the .de site) offically end of life - i also did not find any shop to buy it anymore...

KP115 seem to never really became available?

P110 are widely available and seem the be the actual TP-Link energy monitoring smart switches?!

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chriull said:

P110 are widely available and seem the be the actual TP-Link energy monitoring smart switches?!

Thanks for the notice! I have a HS110 for years and I love it (using it for a bunch of stuff) and I wanted more.
I got 2x Tapo P110 now on Amazon Sweden now that it's finally available, yay!

Python-Kasa which I use all the time in command-line with the HS110 doesn't support the P110 yet, but the Tapo P100 project does so that's workable.

• 7 months later...