EUC World - Charging control in upcoming 2.4 release

Seba

6 hours ago, Seba said:

@Jonesq, could you make a research about pricing and availability of Belkin WeMo Insight Smart Plug (https://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C029/) in US? Seems this may be a good candidate as an alternative for HS110.

Sure. Happy to help. 

The Belkin WeMo Insight Smart Plug is widely available for about $50-75 depending on shipping.  I believe that Linksys also makes this plug. (https://www.google.com/shopping/product/5826820468682450218/offers?hl=en&q=wemo+insight+smart+plug&prds=eto:4683969610004604078_0;12278556307097310233_0;3440358709294396892_0&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwijidjXvOTtAhWDBc0KHV2OCAkQ2SsIGA)

Is this plug not a feasible option? It has power monitoring and is significantly cheaper. https://www.amazon.com/TOPGREENER-Powerful-Monitoring-Appliances-Assistant/dp/B07FDGYYN7/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=hs110+smart+plug&qid=1608150273&sr=8-6

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonesq said:

Unfortunately this plug is virtually impossible to get in EU.

On 12/12/2020 at 9:18 PM, Seba said:

Today I want to announce a feature...

Ordered a TP-link HS110 right away. Should be here in a few days (the Christmas rush). The price was 35€ in Finland. Looks pretty useful in many other ways, too

Now just waiting for that 2.4 release! Thanks, @Seba for all these beautiful innovations! 

-Z-

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dreygun said:

@Sebais there a dual socket version of a compatible smart socket plug? 

By now only the tp link hs110 works with EUC world. Although available alternatives for the US are looked for...

A HS 110 can be "modified" to a dual socket version by using a powerstrip? If seperate switching and monitoring is needed one needs multiple HS 110.

I have no idea if @Seba has implemented multi HS110 support for the owners of multiple wheels to be charged simultaneously...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dreygun said:

@Sebais there a dual socket version of a compatible smart socket plug? 

I will show you how my set up is. This is how I have been using it for a few days now.

(pictures incoming wait a moment).Now with pictures and warnings.:popcorn:

My setup with dual chargers for V11

How it looks in the app once it is public (beta testing right now).

And this is how my V11 (winter tire version) look resting on a Black Crow stand. (BIG warning See below)**

:blink:BIG warning::smartass: When placing wheel on a stand and it is "levitating" on a stand, meaning tire do not touch the ground, it is likely to start spinning to cut off. Now in order for you to connect to the Wheel it must be able to connect to the phone, so you need to  activate the smart plug first with charge cables inser5ted, then connect the phone, and now you can monitor the charging by the app. 

I didn't think of this the first time so I came home from a ride, with wheel connected and powered on (in balance mode), and lifted it with lift button activated (so wheel disengaged) until it rested on the stand. Then it started to spin up, in panic I tried to lift the wheel with lift button activated, but at that time it  was already over the threshold to activate lift button. So I ended up making a massive burn out on my doormat. :facepalm::innocent1:

So I had to ride to IKEA to get a new doormat today :whistling:. The things we do to find an excuse to go ride our EUCs right?:w00t2:

Now the app is still in beta testing but it look really nice so far. How @Seba do these things are way over my head. But I am glad he apparently find my testing and feedback helpful. Now I tagged him in here to make him aware of my little incident.

Note to self: using smart plugs you need to be smart about what you do still. :smartass:

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Now I tagged him in here to make him aware of my little incident.

In case of V11 it's best to turn wheel off before any preparation for charging. Start EUC World, verify if your HS110 has connected to it, if not scan for it from "Charging control" menu. Then just start charging. When charger will turn on, V11 will enter chargin mode and EUC World will automatically connect to it. So no need to first turn on the wheel to connect with EUC World :)

3 hours ago, joftley said:

The HS110 has been discontinued and been replaced by the KP115 which is < $30 https://www.amazon.com/Kasa-Energy-Monitoring-Smart-Plug/dp/B08LN3C7WK

Thanks for info about KP115 :) However rumours about HS110 discontinuation are yet to be confirmed. For example, HS110 on French TP-Link site is marked as "Nouveaute" ("New"). KS115 is an upcoming product that is not yet available in stores. Anyway, when KS115 will be available, I'll get one to verify if it can be used with EUC World, so American users will have an option to pricey, US version of HS110.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Thanks for info about KP115 :) However rumours about HS110 discontinuation are yet to be confirmed.

@Seba Just for your information, the HS110 is also still freely/widely available in New Zealand, but one of our major retail outlets that has it in stock recently reduced it's price and Now has the KP115 available too at the original price of the HS110! 

I bought the HS110 from this retailer just as soon as you announced the upcoming charging control, but may also follow up now and get the New KP115 version, although it's strange that over here the online image is different to the link in the previous post! (maybe that's just a USA thing?)

1be39673-8933-4a04-b413-75353971bb31.png

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

They are different to match regional market standards and laws. 

It is listed if you look for how to do firmware update. 

(I will update this post later once I find the post on TP-links support).

Different hardware versions have different firmware too. 

Updated with info:

How to update TP-link HS110 firmware. 

https://www.tp-link.com/se/support/faq/1256/

This is the Swedish link. You can change to your country on the upper right corner. Find your country code and replace the /se/ in the link. This is important to avoid getting wrong instructions. 

Note: newest firmware is important for EUC.WORLD can work correctly for the new upcoming functions with HS110. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

On 1/3/2021 at 9:21 AM, Seba said:

Thanks for info about KP115 :) However rumours about HS110 discontinuation are yet to be confirmed. For example, HS110 on French TP-Link site is marked as "Nouveaute" ("New"). KS115 is an upcoming product that is not yet available in stores. Anyway, when KS115 will be available, I'll get one to verify if it can be used with EUC World, so American users will have an option to pricey, US version of HS110.

Unfortunately, the HS110 in Italy costs much too much, is above 47 euros on amazon  Teckin is a cheap and valid socket 

2 minutes ago, NordEstEuc said:

Unfortunately, the HS110 in Italy costs much too much, is above 47 euros on amazon  Teckin is a cheap and valid socket 

You can get it for 38 EUR here - https://www.smartissima.it/tp-link-presa-smart-hs110.html.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NordEstEuc said:

Just tried amazon.it with a CAP from roma (00127) - the tp-link store offers it for €25,99

https://www.amazon.it/TP-Link-Monitoraggio-HS110-Compatibile-Dispositivi/dp/B017X72IES

The "Presa Wi-Fi con Monitoraggio Energia" is the right one - the other options are afaik not compatible!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

Just tried amazon.it with a CAP from roma (00127) - the tp-link store offers it for €25,99

https://www.amazon.it/TP-Link-Monitoraggio-HS110-Compatibile-Dispositivi/dp/B017X72IES

The "Presa Wi-Fi con Monitoraggio Energia" is the right one - the other options are afaik not compatible!

That's true my friend, I didn't find it before! sorry ;)

As i received my HS110 i had to make some graphs and post my thought's. :D

As i reused an old post of mine for this to gather my battery stuff together in this post there is no notification of a new post... ;(

But as i nicely shows the functionality of the EUC World charge control (i just did not use the time limit, afaik), here the link:

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Oleg Artene said:

Charging control require energy monitoring feature builtin into smartplug. Smartplugs that offer only on/off capability can't be used. This is why HS100 can't be used, as it's a version of HS110 but without energy monitoring.

• Like 1

For posterity:

ACtC-3ftyMKSt-NOBjs3vO8x6M_4j_PZz7-cVPKdbBdqgGvuSUoiJHHQtof3cVi2KgfjCEAR_zxmXUfjwIG9KTbU_Llxio1tXvfzc2qHCEqKnPV6Dj71gDsiYYEi-r99PCE2U5ZKw9Rc6Y4hyNwufU1baH9JTw=w1325-h926-no?authuser=0

And just a few non-harmful caveats to note:
My 2019 MSX 84V goes to sleep automatically after 2hr; I woke it back up to restore the bluetooth-based battery voltage reading, around 2:30.
My 2019 MSX board's voltage measurement hardware isn't calibrated very accurately, and reads about 0.5V higher than actual, which is why you see the voltage data flat-line at 84.0V. In reality, voltage was slowly increasing throughout the entire log.
(I simulated a 'fault' by unplugging the charger from the EUC while it was still in the CC phase)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Daft question - I presume we can use the app and HS110 without the wheel being on? All we would lose is the Bluetooth-reported wheel voltage? Would that not be very similar to what the app charge data shows anyway?

One would still see, as @RagingGrandpa demostrated charging faults by imbalanced cells causing the BMS to cut off.

Slow, over the time decreasing max battery voltage could not be seen. But i'd assume from what i know till now that one would only see chargers misadjustments, as charging logs stop once the charger is turned off by EUC world. If one could log battery voltage about an/some hour(s) after charging stop one could get a nice picture of the cell's aging process. I tested that leaving the wheel on to log voltage drains much more than a badly aged cell could ever loose by itself :(

Don't know if it would be possible to turn on the wheel for just one voltage measurement one/some hours after charging stopped? @Seba?

If there are "noticeable"/increasing voltage drops after one/some hours thats a sign of elevated self discharge of the cells (aging) or starting imbalance ("selective" aging)

I kinda get all that, just not sure how it is related to whether the wheel is switched on or not. Obviously, I would rather not charge with the wheel on. I know the app can still monitor the HS110 data without the wheel on, I am just wondering what additional info/benefits there is in having the wheel on :)