IPS Zero Firmware 4.1.2

houseofjob

14 hours ago, houseofjob said:

@viti@SlowMo@Pagsy@triad88@Bob@csmyers@Trailseeker@Paul Panait

Any Zero owners upgrade to 4.1.2 yet? If so, is it safe? Improvements?

A little afraid to upgrade after all the Ninebot firmware upgrade fails, thanks!

4.1.2 is safe, no worries. With this version I can switch off led lights, only breake light is on while stopping. 

19 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Haven't seen you around @Paul Panait. Did you do the battery upgrade?

Hi back to all of you as well :)

I have not done it yet, but i have basically been through all the airports in all 4 of the nordic countries. Had no problem at any airport or even a single question about the battery. 

On the other hand I have noticed that i can't go more than 4km in one full charge with average speed of 20-24kph. My battery will be completely empty for about 10 min and then i still have like 40% battery. Then go again max 2km more  then a brake for 10 min and i can go for 2 more, maybe. 

Fortunately i dont make trips longer than 3-4 km at a time and then i will put it on charge again. 

I strongly cosider a battery pack of 260Wh so i can squeeze through the airport as well with it. But i would rather pay for a super good pack that would not have such a big voltage drop. So not Ips for that matter, maybe abything better? Need to look for something in the spring. 

But since my work place have paid for this one, I'm also considering to get another one bigger, much bigger :) but what? Because i like all the features on this one. 

On 12/14/2015 at 8:42 PM, Paul Panait said:

I strongly cosider a battery pack of 260Wh so i can squeeze through the airport as well with it.

I thought the limit is 160Wh, not leaving so much room for upgrading? 

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/small-lithium-battery-powered-vehicles.pdf

2 hours ago, Niko said:

I thought the limit is 160Wh, not leaving so much room for upgrading? 

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/small-lithium-battery-powered-vehicles.pdf

You are correct. However when you go through the airport, to the airline you can say whatever you want and if you are a bit smart, you will still pass through. The biggest challenge is the airport security's scanner- here is where they can reject the unit. Since the batteries inside show as small cells, is no different than having extra AAA batteries with you individually packed. Which is not illegal. 

I have been by now through 17 different airports and in all of them I have got the same reply : " We can see them as individually packed so it doesn't matter how many you have for this small size, just stay between the limits. We can see it Blue so it's fine. If is orange we need to test for bomb or potentially hazard situations".

I could as well take the bigger battery pack with me in the back pack and just show it that is perfectly packed. But it's a hustle to open the unit.  The person you should be most afraid in the airport, is the guy behind the scanner. 

1 hour ago, Paul Panait said:

if you are a bit smart, you will still pass through. The biggest challenge is the airport security's scanner... bomb... The person you should be most afraid in the airport, is the guy behind the scanner. 

The NSA has tagged us all for life ;)

21 hours ago, Paul Panait said:

The biggest challenge is the airport security's scanner- here is where they can reject the unit. Since the batteries inside show as small cells, is no different than having extra AAA batteries with you individually packed. Which is not illegal. 

I have been by now through 17 different airports and in all of them I have got the same reply : " We can see them as individually packed so it doesn't matter how many you have for this small size, just stay between the limits. We can see it Blue so it's fine. If is orange we need to test for bomb or potentially hazard situations".

So if I understand this correctly, I will probably be able to take my IPS Zero 340Wh on a plane too? The cells are also blue I think and they can't see how many Wh the battery is with the scanner?

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2015 at 8:14 PM, Nicholas said:

So if I understand this correctly, I will probably be able to take my IPS Zero 340Wh on a plane too? The cells are also blue I think and they can't see how many Wh the battery is with the scanner?

What do you guys mean by the cells are 'blue'? Major asian airlines have started to ban the carriage of electric unicycles on board IRREGARDLESS of battery capacity. However, there are some airlines which state that it's possible to bring on board IF the battery is detachable. Which is kind of pointless if you ask me unless they make to check in the wheel and hand carry the battery.

Archived