Late Fall Sherman

gon2fast

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

Out of the 2 Michelins I have the City Pro would be better than the Pilot Sport given it's virtually a slick, but the K66 seems a real nice compromise between all of them (which I don't have sitting around!). Aarrgh I just don't know what to do! Especially when I really don't find the knobby a problem for any scenario, but it just seems too chunky for what I need, and at the pressure I run (25psi) I'm sure the wheel would run smoother for longer with a more road orientated tyre.

Out of the 3 you are now focussing on (and yes, the K66 would be a great compromise - if that's what you want to do compromise?)  I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them in comparison to the stock knobby. 

I can fully understand that, especially given the mileage you would now have ridden on the knobby, it has become second nature and you feel it handles really well, I was of the exact same opinion.  However, once you put some real M/C rubber on the Sherman it just really comes alive with just how nimble and agile a good street tyre behaves and effortless cornering/carving becomes!

I know you were seriously impressed by @stephen's video of the dramatic change he experienced with the K66 and that is exactly how I felt after fitting the City Pro to mine, so whether it's the Pilot Street, City Pro or K66 I'm confident you will have the very same transformation in the handling department and the tyre swap is not that big a deal to a man of your abilities - you'll be wishing you'd done it sooner! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

Yeah I do hear you re the 2 grills, and I don't believe in refitting screws/splitting shells unless really needed tbh, we all know that these EUC's dont like being pulled apart and put back together again repeatedly! I know the fixings on the Sherman are more stout than the MSX but still, I just don't like all the plastic surrounding the screws etc. Far better to leave it all alone if poss. But then I could say the same about the motor wires - I really don't want to disturb them, whether thats unbolting from the board or bending them about trying to feed them through the shell (twice). Decisions!

I know! I just can't make my mind up! Then @stephen posts about his newly fitted K66 which I am now very interested in. My problem is that I really don't do much off road/trail/gravel stuff but when I do I am really thankful for the stock knobby.

Out of the 2 Michelins I have the City Pro would be better than the Pilot Sport given it's virtually a slick, but the K66 seems a real nice compromise between all of them (which I don't have sitting around!). Aarrgh I just don't know what to do! Especially when I really don't find the knobby a problem for any scenario, but it just seems too chunky for what I need, and at the pressure I run (25psi) I'm sure the wheel would run smoother for longer with a more road orientated tyre.

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

Out of the 3 you are now focussing on (and yes, the K66 would be a great compromise - if that's what you want to do compromise?)  I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them in comparison to the stock knobby. 

I can fully understand that, especially given the mileage you would now have ridden on the knobby, it has become second nature and you feel it handles really well, I was of the exact same opinion.  However, once you put some real M/C rubber on the Sherman it just really comes alive with just how nimble and agile a good street tyre behaves and effortless cornering/carving becomes!

I know you were seriously impressed by @stephen's video of the dramatic change he experienced with the K66 and that is exactly how I felt after fitting the City Pro to mine, so whether it's the Pilot Street, City Pro or K66 I'm confident you will have the very same transformation in the handling department and the tyre swap is not that big a deal to a man of your abilities - you'll be wishing you'd done it sooner! 

After riding the k66 and settled on 28psi which is perfect for off road or street riding I'm really impressed this tyre has grip on road and off road and is super quiet and handles well and nimble

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 12:44 PM, fbhb said:

Agree with you i change city pro 27psi on my MSP HT original cst 1488 big diference in positive way.(never experience problem on  dust dirt stones with city pro and efortless carving is gold)  

Next week i be changed sherman Knoby to heidenau K66 no realy "need" to change tire but my bearing is noisy and start sqeeking = i send my sherman to seller for change bearings to SKF   loctite screws and make complete quality check and for same price they offer change tire for free. 

I want buy MAX but better be wait to next season when veteran fix FW and some batches show how sherman MAX is good in time i no want be test dummy.

And change tire is cheapest way to enjoy feel "new" EUC.

Walked into the local Target this morning and my Sherman did the slow tilt forward after going through the IR doors. The wheel hesitated for a second, started beeping and tilting forward. Having been through this a few times I knew to drop my helmet and cycle the power off and on right away. 

2 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Walked into the local Target this morning and my Sherman did the slow tilt forward after going through the IR doors.

I have heard of the Sensomatic RFID sensor pillars at the entrance to shops can interfere with the hall sensors on EUC's due to the magnetic fields around these devices could this be what you are experiencing?

Probably so, but today was weird as compared to the few other times that I have experienced this. Generally my wheel starts acting up right as I go through the doors. This time I made it past the doors and was well into the store when I felt a hesitation and it started to creep forward. My real concern is whether something like that could happen if I was riding by an entrance (at speed).

Oh well, the fun still outweighs the risk! 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

The Kenda 340A fights tilting like the plague...  but it still works well. Learning to ride this wheel like a gyro was quite frustrating at first. Getting the hang of the fine control now so time to journey.

I like to hop on the local train and set my destination by distance back home while staying close to train line. Nice way to trek with a backup.

Now to get out there...