Late Fall Sherman

gon2fast

you foroget... its HEAVY!

CONGRATS :clap3:on the wheel. Im guessing your batch shipped with the fw I had to update to. If you had the original fw, you'd know it.

I also have no complaints about the headlights or the trolley or it's speed. Once I added some minor power pads and set the tilt to back +1, its a much nicer ride to keep up the speed into the wind.

What tire did you get? The 'offroad' is amazing for street imho. So much tread and sidewall, I run low pressures and its like a hi-speed floating cushion. Of course it turn like an RV at speed too. But hey, its consistent so I call it a win. I bet money that your 100mile review will be EXACTLY the same as your initial impressions. With the sherman, there are no surprises. Wysiwyg. Tell us more about what you think, where you plan to ride, what you planned BEFORE you got it. Was it what you expected or less/more? Do your power caps stay closed? When are you going to put balls on the front to park it? Are you riding it like a giant on a pony seated? I truly am excited for you! Careful tho, you deifnitely will be 'gon2fast' soon.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

Wow... I let go of my Monster V2 memories and pushed the Sherman today, WOW.

The power this wheel has is unreal. Not as much torque as my MSP, but I can lean into it enough to be at the same rate of speed, if not faster, off of the line.

• Like 2

Much congrats! Im pretty sure the seat was designed with a standard chinese person, or a standard usa midget in mind. I'm neither, so its not much use for me. Knees at the ears should be reserved for my wife. imho! :o

I havent ridden an msp, but im surprised to hear that you feel its blazing off the line. Being my only larger wheel, this is good to know. Perhaps I need regroup my expectations a little. Have you gotten it to drag pedal yet? What pads are you using? I like tilt of back 1+, you should see how easily it rips with that setting. Thanks for the update, sounds like VROOOOM to me!

13 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I havent ridden an msp, but im surprised to hear that you feel its blazing off the line.

That surprised me as well. The MSP has full power off of the line without much effort. The Sherman allows me to really lean into the wheel to the tap the power. I am sure I would have better results if I did the same with the MSP, but I never had the faith to really crank it (even though it is the ideal wheel to torque off of the line).

Very happy with my purchase 42 miles in.

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

70 miles in.

This wheel is something else. Everything about it works in unison. Per example, the pedals are low, but the skinny/long design makes the "pedal bite" sensation tolerable... with my shoes at least. 

Pedal dipping... you learn to live with it.

The grip tape they use on pedals is phenomenal. I feel planted with a portion of my shoe off of the side of the pedal.

Still on the wall about the Sherman's torque. I figured out how to unleash it's power off of the line, BUT... I am not sure that I would have the same performance on a incline which is why I question its torque (as compared to other wheels I own).

Same feeling about the position of the LCD display. I don't like looking away from the road and slowing down to check speed (I assume this is user error, but I am going to complain anyway). Would be great if the display or certain elements of it could be projected forward (even in if it is not constant).

Lowered my tire pressure from 24.5psi to 20psi. Working well, not as bouncy and no real change in handling.

LOL, might be paying for this at a later date, but I have unintentionally rolled (attempted to pull over) two cars after dark with my red/pink flashers on. It was not my intention, but at the time I was fuming that these cars kept creeping to a near stop when I was riding behind them, going about my business or so I thought, lol 

Not riding with those active on roads anymore to say the least, lol. I am sure I am going to get pulled over and read the riot act soon. 

Still trying to get tight handling. It is there, just need to put the miles in.

First battle scars today as well. I had to hop off of a curb and in the process I had to turn parallel to the curb due to a hesitant car and ended up slamming back end of my left pedal on the curb. Looks like my MSP now :>

• Like 2

115 miles so far. 

I am still trying to get the handling of this beast down, but it is my favorite wheel currently.

Did some cosmetic mods, nothing major.

Have not crashed yet, but peddle bite is a norm (still trying to get the handling of this beast down, LOL).

https://ibb.co/C58LdxM - This is from my first ride

https://ibb.co/Bj7JjHq - Updated the rim (tanks don't have chrome rims)

https://ibb.co/X8216L2 - Added some reflective tape and a bike light that was laying around the garage. Front light is so that I have a white flasher versus the red flashers on the stock light and it works nice as a high beam.

https://ibb.co/cwRQSDF - Another shot of the front

https://ibb.co/XXZPsqJ - More materials found in the garage to improve rear safety indicators

https://ibb.co/vYTnKvS - Another shot of the rear

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

Banged the frame going up a curb today. It was a rather uncomfortable feeling, but I rolled it out so I guess I should get used to those type of "knocks".

My hips and lower back are killing me too, it takes some effort to whip this wheel around LOL. 

• Like 2

While on a 15 mile ride to the corner store 3 blocks from my house I ran across a rather hostile runner. I had just come off a bike/walking path and stopped to text my wife some random nonsense. From over 75 yards away across the street some lady starts screaming at me about shining the lights on her. My initial thought was that because I was stationary and she was mobile it would only take a few moments for her to be out of my beam and maybe focus her rage on something else. NOPE. She continued to curse me out for no good reason lol. No response from me in return.

On the way out of the park I ran into her again and as I passed her the verbal lashing started again. I let her know that she was a belligerent ignoramus and went about my way. 

She thought that I was a security guard on a Segway harassing her, where has critical thinking gone?

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Banged the frame going up a curb today. It was a rather uncomfortable feeling, but I rolled it out so I guess I should get used to those type of "knocks".

My hips and lower back are killing me too, it takes some effort to whip this wheel around LOL. 

I dread meeting a curb on my sherm. So far, no curbs. Wondering if some kind of plastic corner protector would help? I'm also getting quite the workout trying to muscle the sherm around with my 130lb ass atop it. Worked on mounting with bad leg on the wheel. I think I can actually hear my knee curse me in Spanish for some odd reason. I dont speak Spanish, so I didnt listen anyhow.

12 hours ago, gon2fast said:

While on a 15 mile ride to the corner store 3 blocks from my house I ran across a rather hostile runner. I had just come off a bike/walking path and stopped to text my wife some random nonsense. From over 75 yards away across the street some lady starts screaming at me about shining the lights on her. My initial thought was that because I was stationary and she was mobile it would only take a few moments for her to be out of my beam and maybe focus her rage on something else. NOPE. She continued to curse me out for no good reason lol. No response from me in return.

On the way out of the park I ran into her again and as I passed her the verbal lashing started again. I let her know that she was a belligerent ignoramus and went about my way. 

She thought that I was a security guard on a Segway harassing her, where has critical thinking gone?

Critical who? Yeah right... Where the hell you been for the last 10 years? Did you happen to have the blinking headlights on? The little colored lights? I never turn those on, as I'm sure its confusing enough. Don't need farmers shootin at dat dern alien flyin down da street. People are getting mighty brave and impolite about confict nowadays it seems. Fun times!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Yes sir, blinking headlights were on as I was not on a public road.  The whole point is that I am noticed at night so win there lol. Polite people get an immediate reaction from me if my lights are bothering them. People cursing at me from across the street can kick bricks lol. This person had an issue with law enforcement/security, which she mistook me for. Frankly speaking the situation made me feel more compassion for the brave people in those roles that have to deal with these type of individuals. 

Ironically, while rolling around tonight (in a different area) I passed the same person who had nothing to say this time around... I guess there is hope lol.

• Like 1

Back to the good stuff. 175 miles in and can't get enough. I like heavy wheels. Based on that the V11 is not in good standing in my house LOL (ironically it is a 1st batch that has been exposed to water/sprinklers/wet mud and has no bearing issues).

I like cruising around 25-28MPH, no need to go faster (for me).

I am riding at 30PSI and am really happy. Not too bouncy but rigid enough to cut down on the previous peddle scraping.

It is wonderful on groomed trails and grass. 

It has conquered some moderate climbs, but I will stick to the MSP for that type of terrain.

I am going to replace the pedals with the Wheelers Pro pedals as soon as I can.

• Like 1

Got caught in a medium downpour tonight. Had to ride roughly 2 miles at around 25MPH in the downpour. Riding in the rain sucks. Mud guard worked like a charm and the knobby tire  handled perfectly on the wet roads. I have no concerns with getting this wheel a little wet... so long as the charge port caps are on LOL. 

• Like 2

After spending a day smashing through muddy trails in utter bliss (yesterday) I had my first overlean on the last trip of the evening.

Long story short, I was riding across bumpy grass at around 15MPH and all of the sudden the wheel dumped me. No injuries and still in good spirits. I do not have an opinion on this right now as it just happened and I feel blessed to walk away without injury. 

34 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

After spending a day smashing through muddy trails in utter bliss (yesterday) I had my first overlean on the last trip of the evening.

Long story short, I was riding across bumpy grass at around 15MPH and all of the sudden the wheel dumped me. No injuries and still in good spirits. I do not have an opinion on this right now as it just happened and I feel blessed to walk away without injury. 

Update - 

I had to return to the scene of the crash earlier as I thought I may have dropped my wallet when I hit the ground. 

The overlean was a result of the wheel (tire) getting stuck in a fissure that had softened in the rain. Feeling much better about the situation and wheel now. I will take operator error over mechanical failure any day! 

https://ibb.co/Tt9ZPjj - Crime scene LOL

Edited by gon2fast
pickle juice
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bumblebees said:

Were you pushing the wheel hard or going up a steep incline during the overlean?

Nope, completely flat and was going slow by Sherman standards. Wheel got stuck in a rut and I kept going. Went back this evening and found the tire marks before the fissure that caused the ejection.

• Like 2