Ks16x tire rubbing

Artullas

Hey guys, i've got an KS16X with the cst 1488 tire, and whenever i ride with 1 feet the tire rubs pretty badly on the case.

I am not just riding with one leg, even the small pressure of correcting the opposite feet while riding, or when starting, it rubs a lot.

I am atound 85kg and the pressure is 35psi.

I am pretty sure its not my fault because i rode otger 16x and they did not do this.

Is there a way to fix this?

Edited by Artullas

• 1 month later...

Well, last night I figured the wheel shouldn't be rubbing unless there's something wrong with it. So I openeded my wheel and found the cause, but you're not gonna like it.

I found several broken plastic studs where the outer shell screws into the inner one.

I've contacted the seller about replacement parts, but they were closed at that time so I haven't heard back from them yet. However I'll also attempt a fiberglass repair, and I have an idea on how to rebuild the parts that broke completely off, and do it on the budget. If successful, I'll post the pictures in my first reply (above) for posterity.

UPDATE:

Seller for back to me today, but basically said "the parts would probably arrive with our next shipment which isn't in until 6-8 weeks unfortunately".

Even if I decided to wait that long, there's still a delay between them receiving it and me receiving it as they have to ship across the country.

I found a local seller and he'll hook me up with parts in just 3 days.

That said, I'm still learning to operate the damn thing, so I decided to also rebuild the broken pieces, and use that until I'm happy I'm not going to wreck the new parts. I ordered resin online and should be getting everything ready for rebuild by this weekend. I'll post the video of the repair as soon as I'm done testing it

UPDATE 2:

Fixed the shell, but it still rubs. Luckily I found a local guy that was able to sell me a brand new shell, so I went and replaced it. Still rubs.

I'm at a total loss as to what the cause is at this point - I looked everything over, like 5 or 6 times, and there are no other broken or bent parts. I'm just gonna order a thinner tire and be done with it

Edited by Comrade
Update

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 7:26 AM, Artullas said:

Just annupdate, i fixed mine by changing the tire to a cyt (don't know the number rignt now).

It's profile is more rounded at the edges, so it pretty much never rubs!

Where did you get your tire?