Tire pressure for V8F noob?

Rodo

Hi all,

I was reading the v8f manual and it says that the factory tire pressure is set to 2.8 bars (40.61 psi). As a noob (I just ordered a v8f, should be here in a day or so) do you have any recommendations for tire pressure (psi please) to make it easier to learn? or just leave it at 40 psi? I'm 150 lb, 5'11".

Thanks

I go by what the tire recommends. Depends on your weight too. Don't leave it too soft because it could damage the rim if you hit a curve hard. Mine is a road princess so I left it to almost max recommendation.

I hear the rule of thumb is to divide your weight (not sure if that's kilos or pounds though—seems like there was a probe to Mars that had a similar issue. I'm betting it's kilos) by 3 and that's where to start. If it's too bouncy and out of control, deflate a pound or two. If you're a curb/rock/log/stair basher, you'll want higher pressure lest you dent or otherwise deform your rim.

Edited by Tawpie

It’s mostly up to your taste, low is comfy and stable but you can dent rim and it uses more power. High have less rolling resistance.

Kuji uses around 20psi, I weight the same and use up to 50.

40 is a good balance but you could lower a bit (30?) for learning as it’s more forgiving.

Edited by null