Novice riders in Folsom/EDH area of CA?

Daver

A friend and I recently started riding EUCs and would like to find  other riders of similar skill level in our area.  Preferably in the immediate area making quick/impromptu meet-ups possible.  We generally get together a few times a week (typically Fri, Sat, Sun) for an hour or two to ride and chat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey... so far we're mostly riding the trails around Folsom (https://www.folsom.ca.us/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=33337).  They're nice because you're away from traffic, and there are miles and miles of them to ride on.   They can get a bit busy on weekends, especially with nicer weather, but not too bad.   In addition to all the paved trails, there are also some dirt trails that we've been trying out.   The trails all eventually connect up to the American River Parkway trail system.   Occasionally we'll just go to a nearby school to putz around.

Have you found any good riding areas around Sac?

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2021 at 11:17 AM, Daver said:

Hey... so far we're mostly riding the trails around Folsom (https://www.folsom.ca.us/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=33337).  They're nice because you're away from traffic, and there are miles and miles of them to ride on.   They can get a bit busy on weekends, especially with nicer weather, but not too bad.   In addition to all the paved trails, there are also some dirt trails that we've been trying out.   The trails all eventually connect up to the American River Parkway trail system.   Occasionally we'll just go to a nearby school to putz around.

Have you found any good riding areas around Sac?

Would love to join you guys for a ride someday. I'm in Fair Oaks just above Nimbus and the hatchery. I've had my S18 for about 4 weeks now, currently doing about 10 miles per day, as I build up my skills.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll let you know next time we plan a ride out.   My buddy is currently recovering from being down for a few weeks with the bug.   It's taking some time to rebuild his endurance :( and get acclimated to his new wheel (S18).

• Like 1

• 2 years later...