YouTube is rotting my brain

Tawpie

So @Marty Backe has a wonderful video on using a Pebble with EUC World, including how he mounted his to his Flexmeters. That’s a great idea says I, so find a Pebble on EBay and order some Velcro, carefully get everything positioned just so. I’m gonna be just like Marty, he’s so cool! Get set to try it out and discover... yep. YouTube is rotting my brain. 

622BA399-C333-4EF5-BFB8-9C025BAF980A.jpg

56ED857C-AC97-4BE4-94CC-DCAD64613289.jpg

3D6BCA98-B54E-4CA9-A2E5-5DACB65B8AA9.jpg

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

Hey Mrd777. DarknessBot still works on my iPhone 6 but not, anymore, on my Apple Watch 4. I've update, reinstalled, etc. to no avail. Do you, or anyone else, have any ideas? I really needed DarknessBot, on the Watch, for my V8 due to its very short range, yet with my 2.7 kWh Nik+, I don't need to monitor the Nik much. Yet I still would like it to work! Peace from Maine...Guy     Oh, I forgot. Does anyone have a seat, or idea for a seat, on a Nik's handle, that they like and still leave the handle useful. I've got the wonderful RollNZ cover on the wheel also but I can make it work with a seat installed......

Edited by Guy

2 hours ago, Guy said:

Hey Mrd777. DarknessBot still works on my iPhone 6 but not, anymore, on my Apple Watch 4. I've update, reinstalled, etc. to no avail. Do you, or anyone else, have any ideas? I really needed DarknessBot, on the Watch, for my V8 due to its very short range, yet with my 2.7 kWh Nik+, I don't need to monitor the Nik much. Yet I still would like it to work! Peace from Maine...Guy

I think @Ilya Shkolnik could give you guidance on this as he’s the one who created it.  It’s certainly fabulous on the watch.

Or send in a bug report (from the app, Settings>About>Contact support). @Alla Shkolnik has been working a problem with the battery percentage with me and likely has clues for you. Check the DarknessBot subtopic in apps and gadgets. Not that it helps your situation, but DarknessBot does work on my Watch4 and iPhone 6S+ so there is hope.

I would use DarknessBot+Watch but haven’t worked out a good mounting solution—wrist guards and jacket and mittens all conspire against easy access. Maybe I should check YouTube!!! Besides, if I crash the wrong way, destruction of a Pebble is easier on the pocketbook.

Thanks guys! I wear my Apple Watch between the velcro straps of my eWheels wrist guard. Also, I fold back my gloves into themselves to keep the screen clear to read/access and just push back the jacket or sweatshirt if needed. I've crashed twice though not fast ~ 20 mph and my watch has been safe. I need to use my Watch, which communicates with my iPhone, to make inputs to my 'Loop' automated insulin system and to keep track of my blood sugars. T1D. Loop is a free Github accessible open source diabetes "artificial" pancreas system. Gota love Github! Peace...Guy

8 hours ago, Guy said:

Hey Mrd777. DarknessBot still works on my iPhone 6 but not, anymore, on my Apple Watch 4. I've update, reinstalled, etc. to no avail. Do you, or anyone else, have any ideas? I really needed DarknessBot, on the Watch, for my V8 due to its very short range, yet with my 2.7 kWh Nik+, I don't need to monitor the Nik much. Yet I still would like it to work! Peace from Maine...Guy     Oh, I forgot. Does anyone have a seat, or idea for a seat, on a Nik's handle, that they like and still leave the handle useful. I've got the wonderful RollNZ cover on the wheel also but I can make it work with a seat installed......

DarknessBot must works on all Apple Watch models with watchOS 2 and newer. I use AW4 7.1 with DarknessBot. What is your watchOS version and DarknessBot version? Can you record video for launching AW app?

• Like 1

Hey mike_bike_kite. Yes. Two versions of the Nik+, each by a different modder/manufacturer. Mike Sarcristan, YT: isthereanyfood, has the 1Rad 2.665 kWh modded version. Myself and Petra, YT: Crystal Rider, have the Chinese version; Loomo 2.66 kWh version. I purchased mine through The Wheel Store early last August and received it in late September. 

Hey Ilya Shkolnik. watchOS: 5.3.9, watch app starts showing a line of icons above text stating "Connect to device" then app quits . DarknessBot: iPhone app: 6.1 Watch app: 6.1; iPhone 6 IOS: 12.4.9. It appears my iPhone 6 will only download DBot version 6.1 as the Apple Apt Store only shows v6.1. It must be due to my iPhone. The phone will only update to IOS v 12.3. Oh. Ilya, my Nik+ will not calibrate with DBot. I've tried different methods to no avail. I love your app though. I don't use any other. Thanks man!

Thanks guys, again! Peace...Guy

Edited by Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy said:

Hey Ilya Shkolnik. watchOS: 5.3.9, watch app starts showing a line of icons above text stating "Connect to device" then app quits . DarknessBot: iPhone app: 6.1 Watch app: 6.1; iPhone 6 IOS: 12.4.9. It appears my iPhone 6 will only download DBot version 6.1 as the Apple Apt Store only shows v6.1. It must be due to my iPhone. The phone will only update to IOS v 12.3. Oh. Ilya, my Nik+ will not calibrate with DBot. I've tried different methods to no avail. I love your app though. I don't use any other. Thanks man!

I think this trouble in supporting watchOS 5. I will test this in nearest future