So, my Kingsong died today..

Cloud

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Better grab Will's offer to save on shipping. I could have bought a KS14C before but @tinawong refused to sell me one saying I would have problems with warranty service. 

So essentially they are expecting the wheel to have problems during the warranty period?  And this make sense in what universe?  This does not sound like what I would expect to hear from a manufacturer (or a distributor) about a product that they sell.  Isn't @tinawong with Shenzhen King Song Sports Equipment Co. Ltd.?

53 minutes ago, ConjurMan said:

So essentially they are expecting the wheel to have problems during the warranty period?  And this make sense in what universe?  This does not sound like what I would expect to hear from a manufacturer (or a distributor) about a product that they sell.  Isn't @tinawong with Shenzhen King Song Sports Equipment Co. Ltd.?

If I have bought a unit that time, I could have experienced some problem with the bluetooth connection but its minimal. Not like a burning motherboard or something. @tinawong just doesn't want to sell so she made an excuse to make it look nice.

I'm just having a hard time with the concept that any manufacturer would make up an excuse to make it acceptable not to sell their product.  That does not strike me as operating honestly and above board.  I had a better opinion of Shenzhen King Song Sports Equipment Co. Ltd. than that, but perhaps I'm missing something.

8 minutes ago, ConjurMan said:

I'm just having a hard time with the concept that any manufacturer would make up an excuse to make it acceptable not to sell their product.  That does not strike me as operating honestly and above board.  I had a better opinion of Shenzhen King Song Sports Equipment Co. Ltd. than that, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Well, she surely led me to buy a Gotway MCM2S, a Ninebot One, an IPS Zero, an IPS Kahuna and a Gotway MCM4 HS which is now on the way.:)

In defense of Tina (King Song), the primary reason for a local distribution network is to deal with the after-service aspect of Sales: it's just not economically feasible for a Chinese manufacturer to be shipping product back-and-forth, especially now, as air-freight cargo carriers are prohibiting Electric Unicycles on most routes.

We (ewheels.com) stock spare control-boards & have offered Cloud a free replacement for his defective board, even though he had not purchased from us—however, he has recently bought a 840Wh Mark III from us... B) 

5 hours ago, ConjurMan said:

I understand that this may not have been phrased correctly on the kingsong part, or maybe they are in fact shying away from selling directly, but i think what Tina probably meant was that in case something breaks, there is no local distributor who will take the wheel back in free of charge and the wheel would either have to be shipped back to china at owners expense or the owner woukd have to pay for shipping of the parts and install himself. She made it clear to me also when i was buying my wheel.

i do agree they they need to work on their marketing strategy and be more consistent with their approach. They will get there eventually.

5 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Well, she surely led me to buy a Gotway MCM2S, a Ninebot One, an IPS Zero, an IPS Kahuna and a Gotway MCM4 HS which is now on the way.:)

Sounds like whatever kingsong did or said worked out for you man! ( sorry, except for the ninebot part :) )

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

In defense of Tina (King Song), the primary reason for a local distribution network is to deal with the after-service aspect of Sales: it's just not economically feasible for a Chinese manufacturer to be shipping product back-and-forth, especially now, as air-freight cargo carriers are prohibiting Electric Unicycles on most routes.

We (ewheels.com) stock spare control-boards & have offered Cloud a free replacement for his defective board, even though he had not purchased from us—however, he has recently bought a 840Wh Mark III from us... B) 

@Jason McNeil thank you for the phone call today, this was very helpful. I am glad our distributors have such a personilized approach with their customers. If you already have the board in stock it would be great to get that as i would receive it faster than if shipped from Kingsong. But i dont want to cause any inconvenience on your end.

thanks!

3 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

No trouble at all, will be dropped in the post tomorrow morning... Cheers

Oh my god, i dont deserve such royal treatment!!!! Please let me know how much i owe for shipping, i will paypal right away. This is great!! I can tell that Jason really understands what it feels like having to walk even for a few days after you have experienced the magic of the EUC!!!! 

I'm even more glad I bought mine from Jason?.

Cloud, well done getting it all back together and good luck with refitting the new control board. Keep on telling us how you get on its been fascinating reading ?.

On 12/14/2015 at 1:31 AM, Cloud said:

I have to admit that i am totally confused. I don't understand how the wheel rotates.

I'm sure somebody explained this better - but outside of the coils are magnets.  They are not equal in count, coils vs magnets.  The outer section with magnets spin apart from the central section with coils.  On a usual motor the axle spins but for us the outside with the tire spins and we stand on the axle.  What a system eh?  But I'd like to know where the bearings are  :D  since it's not mag-lev really, no?

1 minute ago, castShadow said:

I'm sure somebody explained this better - but outside of the coils are magnets.  They are not equal in count, coils vs magnets.  The outer section with magnets spin apart from the central section with coils.  On a usual motor the axle spins but for us the outside with the tire spins and we stand on the axle.  What a system eh?  But I'd like to know where the bearings are  :D  since it's not mag-lev really, no?

Thanks castshadow! Yes this was explained to me , i understand, and yes this is pretty cool that the stationary part is the center of the wheel, very unconventional. The bearings are inside the side covers, see attached pic. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Colestien said:

Are those bearings, or ball bearing?  I've seen both used in motors.  These are things you think about when you weigh 100kg. :blink:

Ball bearing as opposed to what other type of bearing? Roller? I assumed they are ball but could be roller., i will look later today if i can figure this out. Yes the bearing doesnt look that strong at all, but it had no issue supporting my 100kg behind for 1500 miles.

16 hours ago, Cloud said:

I understand that this may not have been phrased correctly on the kingsong part, or maybe they are in fact shying away from selling directly, but i think what Tina probably meant was that in case something breaks, there is no local distributor who will take the wheel back in free of charge and the wheel would either have to be shipped back to china at owners expense or the owner woukd have to pay for shipping of the parts and install himself. She made it clear to me also when i was buying my wheel.

i do agree they they need to work on their marketing strategy and be more consistent with their approach. They will get there eventually.

@Cloud I agree that it was probably out of concern for the customer in the event of any after sale problems.  I know that in my own dealings with Chinese companies that language issues and idioms particular to specific cultures can lead to misunderstandings.  

• 2 weeks later...

I need help!

so i e received a new control board, put everything together and when i turned the unit on, it just blinks real quick on the battery life indicator and goes right off. As if battery is dead ( battery was at about 40% 3-4 weeks ago when my control board fried so i disconnected the batteries then and just stored them)

i plugged in the charger into the battery but the charger has red and green light on and the charger fan doesnt come on, so its as if its not even connected to the battery at all. the battery is not charging. I have no idea whats going on, can someone help?

see attached picture.

also this may not matter but i just noticed on the back of one of the batteries a piece of wrapping plastic is cut , i lifted it up and took a pic, see attached

thanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I will try but not sure how this is related. If you saw the pic i attached, i tokk the batteries out and i am just connecting the batteries to the charger. When the unit is off, i believe the charger should still be able to charge the batteries, but the charger does not see the load, the fan is not coming on. I will try to hold the button long now 

thanks

edit: ok, i just tried it, no it doesnt work. The wheel cycles thru turning it on for a split second and goes off, repeats every second or so. Doesnt even turn it on, its just the battery indicator flashes and goes right off,...

Archived