MSX with 2500w motor?

null

An Ali seller is claiming « 100% original » MSX 84/1600 with 2500w motor and no deco light, any info on this?

edit: This is reported from the French forum, apparently the seller stated by message: "It is currently 1600wh. But with a new change, the tire is 18 * 2.5 (because 18 * 3.0 tires will wear the shell) The headlights are double-headed headlights with a motor power of 2500w. However, due to the high failure rate, the light bars on both sides are not installed, and the others are the same as before"

The LEDs why not for a low cost version, but the 18x2.5 tire with explanation that a 18x3 would rub is strange.

edit: the 3" CST is often rubbing it seems, so off centred motors will quickly be a problem. Maybe they are rejected to make a 2.5" MSX.

edit 2: no apparently it is hollow bore.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

The seller is legit enough (he also have a website, a little cheaper), the question is eventually if the model is a custom assembly from original parts ("100% original") or an official version. I hope someone here might have some more info. In any case it should be a fairly safe bet.

I saw models like this too, on aliexpress as well as chicway shop, I was hoping it was 84v and HT motor I have never been on a fast wheel yet, (I own slow and crappy wheels) and that's not a big draw, safety is though and torque would be nice. I guess abundant speed is also a safety margin.

One thing of note, Is they do sometimes brand C30 motors and C38 motors in the MSP HS and MSP Torque as well respectively, so what I think you get here is the MSP HS, with leftover 84v battery.  Because it has the newer headlights and pedals, I don't think it would cannibalize its sales of the RS with the hollow motor just yet, as well as it would probably take more effort to get the older frame to work nicely.

Either way I think it may be a win for me, currently deciding between that at 1975 cad, MSP Torque at 2375, MCM5v2 at 1200 and Tesla v2 at 1425 and cant make up my mind. Just want a all rounder for pleasure use slower speeds.

Edited by Fox
Relevant research/opinions
  • Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 1:08 AM, Fox said:

I was hoping it was 84v and HT motor

That won't happen- it would be unsafe (too weak) at 30mph.

We need 100V systems in order to use the C38 motor at 'modern' speeds, which is why it's only found in 100V wheels.

On 11/24/2020 at 1:08 AM, Fox said:

currently deciding between [MSX] at 1975 cad, MSP Torque at 2375, MCM5v2 at 1200 and Tesla v2 at 1425 and cant make up my mind. Just want a all rounder for pleasure use slower speeds.

The prices of those wheels correspond to their usefulness- pay more, get more.

Since you're not a first-time rider, my recommendation is the most expensive one, sorry ;)  (MSP C38)

Edited by RagingGrandpa

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 9:52 PM, Yoyo said:

I have also seen this model on aliexpress, it's exactly what I want. A wheel without bullshit. But I don't know if it's legit. It's not on eny of gotway/begode website.

Does anyone have eny information?

It's legit and original from Begode manufacturer not modified wheel. This model is exclusive produce in Chicway so it doesn't show on begode website.

So, which motor was that from then a 2500watt non hollow motor? was it the 100v MSUPER (pro) Speed version now running on a 84v platform?

I can't think of many c30 motors being 2500 nominal before the RS hollow motors and the 100v MSPro 2500w c38 motor.

Really interested in finding out more about this model. Especially if it has the older reliable motor. Thanks

7 hours ago, Fox said:

the older reliable motor

Reliable until you start jumping...

ACtC-3dIVrujqzuGy72h4iToZUqEBCRHteIcjuZ9oGfX43Di4cgerhrTlFObzEjdESzP54_cR-tVFNdItLWcgvJvWHvBXr088JGczj4P32d_I4WCoYYrY7YblGASoGATJpESuRmsPKNyE1gSjO3WjAN6_N08tw=w1350-h1014-no?authuser=0

12 hours ago, ICEMAN said:

The new V2 is not use the hollow motor, it's using the old c30 2500 watt motor. 

There was never a C30 stub-axle motor marketed with that continuous power rating... but as we've discussed, that rating is meaningless...

Did anyone receive this new MSX yet?

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 3

I am honestly so tempted to get it, but I am the worst person to review it if I did. It would be my first real performance wheel. My Icewheel, and poor shape battery Ninebot E+ don't count for much. Only thing holding me back really is the new T3 being about 300 cheaper (CAD) , in some aliexpress stores, hopefully would have better bearings, It could be a great wheel too, and now its 1500wh but still low pedals and skinny tire. I should probably just get the msx though, a proven wheel for the most part. (It's going to be a long time before I would be wanting to jump it)

On 12/15/2020 at 3:48 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

There was never a C30 stub-axle motor marketed with that continuous power rating...

Yea, that's the mystery here.

MSP HT motor was rated 2500W I believe.

MSP HS motor is just the MSX motor I believe. Rated at 2000W.

-

Looks to me that Gotway (I understand that these wheels are manufactured by GW for Chicway, right?) just gets rid of their leftover older parts (MSX 84V boards, 2.5 inch tires?) this way, by making Frankenstein wheels.

Maybe their latest firmware, adapted to 84V instead of 100V, gives the old MSX motor 2500W rating instead of 2000W. After all, that seems to be how they come up with their arbitrary power ratings.

33 minutes ago, Fox said:

I am honestly so tempted to get it, but I am the worst person to review it if I did. It would be my first real performance wheel.

You don't have to review it. Just enjoy it:D

Seems to be a 84V MSX with some upgrades (somewhere those 2500W must come from). A great wheel, no matter the details. If the price is right and that's the kind of ride you want...

As you mention fun at lower speed: smaller tires are more zippy, naturally, and your options go like this, from small to big:

• real 16 incher - Tesla
  • "16 incher" - Nikola, 16X
  • This one with a 18x2.5 tire
  • MSX/MSP/RS with a 18x3 tire
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo, that is my firs post on this forum. Pls excuse my poor english. 

I use a chance to order this type from ali. I unpacked couple minits ago and there is my concerns: 

1) I hoped that this EUC will have 3inch tire. I have just 2.5inch. Not big issue, it can be replaced.

2) I hoped that it will be equpped with new 2.8A charger. It has traditional 1.5A.

3) I hoped that it will not have hollow bore motor. It seems to be, .... wait for it .... . I did not topen it, but there is visible (throw space between plastic cover nad wheel)  rounded shaft that is leading from motor. Correct me if i'm wrong, but hollow motor is not connected to pedals by ronded schaft. 

If there is an quetions regarding this type of MSX, i'm open to answer.

• Like 3

On 1/1/2021 at 9:43 AM, Tom384 said:

there is visible rounded shaft that is leading from motor

Yup, sounds like the classic non-hollow-core stub shaft design, like the MSX shown below (pardon the dirt):
ACtC-3ebC-207Ll3eohM_t6SWkvA2cGqaq2o-HBBPdmNpslDvOkE8e7NpMZNuFKecMgknD0UwDqXRUoXru7KE-_Xf8B2u-o5KfNofYJrgZSRkcfuYinTdwXZayN3iG61KOaZzv3g0rJ7N-oT-6iHtlrm9sftfQ=w1344-h1008-no?authuser=0

Which tire was installed?
(Could you post a photo of its markings?)

And if you ever have the right-side cover open, we'd love a photo inside there- the MSX and MSP controllers are mounted vertically; RS was horizontal.

Thx

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1

Got it- I'll host a gallery below:

ACtC-3eBEbLYs9rtaLiTzcqPEkdXFT9vltPeTSgSUgaI_2DbSIpj_F4BHcaAtTeepDi4GTt7aATjpmYdsEV18niFLotilv3rzltmaVQqB87f-Wj-6PWVaquC9Zlgg2SmiznPj3yWcDRzXUACby-H4lLe8Dy4aw=w1344-h1079-no?authuser=0

Tire is a good ole C-1488, just the 2.5" size like KS18L sometimes has.
And MSuper remains the easiest wheel to open and change the tire without disconnecting wires, like you said.

Glad to see a real fullsize "value" wheel available in 2021!

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 2

One question. Weight of my MSX is just 23kg. There is declared that weight shoul be 23.5kg. That seems to be strange to me and I'm looking what is the reason of this difference. That was also a reason that i open the shell because i was woried that i got wersion with smaller battery. Is this weight standard?

All sounds normal to me...

But it's a good excuse to get a smartplug and use EUC World's new recharging monitor. If you ride your EUC till it tilts your back at 0% battery, then fully recharge, you should see just over 1300wh delivered during charging (for the 1600wh battery, which Gotway never completely drains).

Thanks for reply.  I will try to manage current probe and monitor charging process. There is just one issue that I'm new in EUC word and i'm roling on the ground more than riding  on EUC :-) so it will take some time to drain battery.

• 3 weeks later...

I consider to buy one too. It is 250 euros cheaper than MSuper PRO 100v from local dealer. For me speakers are not necessary. MSX is also lighter then MSP and this is an advantage for me. And now I am struggling which to choose...?:efefb6a84e: 

The 100V MSP C38 has more torque than MSX. If you want to ride mountain bike trails with steep terrain and use lean pads, it's better.

The 100V MSP C30 is 10mph faster than MSX. If you want to ride 35mph+, it's your only choice.

If you don't care about either situation above, save EUR250 ;)

On 11/23/2020 at 3:03 PM, One Wheel Man said:

Yep, people focus SO much on how many watts the motor is on these things....but the number is in fact, pretty arbitrary if there's no objective test all the manufacturers are using to determine the number.  Can it handle that amount of power continuously for a certain amount of time without overheating?  Under what conditions?  I had a hub motor from an ebike and a 1,500 watt kit...I ran 6,000 watts through it without destroying it and went over 50mph....but running full power too long would have likely burnt it....but you could potentially kill a "2,000 watt" motor with 2,000 watts if you tried to pull a truck with your EUC for a long time and stalled it.  But the numbers don't mean much when you have all of these manufacturers slapping numbers on wheels with no agreed upon method of determining them.

Also, it's the controller that will determine how much power actually goes to the motor.  I could get a "10,000 watt motor" and hook it up to a 200 watt controller, and I'd only have 200 watts of power available, because the motor itself isn't drawing any power from the battery....that's all the controller....then the battery just has to be strong enough to handle the power the controller demands, or it can be a bottleneck.  So yeah, arbitrary motor power numbers do not tell the entire story and they get too much emphasis.

Spot on.

Basically I treat motor Wattage ratings just like categories:

• 500W - child's toy
  • 800W - bottom end of passable super-light-weight last-mile commuters for light riders only
  • 1000-1800W - mid-range 22-25mph wheels, bottom end of passable light-weight last-mile commuters for heavier riders
  • 2000+W - high end, sufficient motor wattage that now other non-measured specs (magnet size & spacing, motor radius, windings, etc) become just as, if not more, important as wattage and therefore motor wattage by itself is no longer a reliable indicator of anything
Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...