Misrepresentation on EBAY of tyre purchased - CUCKOOSHOP

Phil Wright

Just a warning to those of you buying on EBAY.

I had a flat tyre last week and decided to buy new tubes and tyres, I had a look on Ebay and had heared on here that KENDA was the best way to go, a little more pricey than the others but hey......

Paid in full for 3 tubes and 2 tyres and recived 2 tyres called  " e- bike pro ". The same as the one I have on my 9bot now.

I know its not a huge deal, but really.....they have pics on their Ebay site clearly saying KENDA, even a closeup of the name, and it just irritated me that I didnt get what Id paid for.

Ive tried to leave feedback for them, but for some reason Im unable to, so thought it best to warn you all here.....

watch out for the name ...

Cuckooshop........Cuckooshop........Cuckooshop

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you bought this from eBay and feel cheated because the Seller has misrepresented the item, you should contact the Seller immediately and register your complaint. If they fail to respond or make any offer of settlement, you should lodge a claim with the Resolution Centre. It is very simple and totally effective.

I stand corrected but a claim with the Resolution Centre must be lodged within one month from receiving the item. Once you initiate a claim, you will be given some time to discuss and negotiate with the Seller to arrive at a resolution.  If you fail to reach a resolution with the Seller, you can invite eBay to intervene and make a decision.  If eBay decides in your favour, you will receive a partial or full refund depending on the circumstance. 

I have made many purchases through eBay over the years and will advise people to be particularly careful when purchasing items from Hong Kong and Chinese sellers.  Although most of them are very honest, there will always be a few unscrupulous sellers.  Always look at the percentage of positive feedback and read the negative feedbacks. If the Seller's description is unclear or misleading, write to them for a clarification and confirmation before committing to buy. This will assist you in your claim, if necessary.

Finally, I have referred several transactions to Dispute Resolution and have never been disappointed by the outcome.

I agree with citiboi.  I have bought and sold on eBay.  Only if you wait to long will there be a problem.  The people sold it to you will have to make it right.  Thy will refund your money or have to prove to eBay that the E-Bike pro is a Kenda tire.  

Thanks Citiboi and Colstein for the info, Ive actually started the ball rolling in that regard. The tyre (Australian spelling..lol) I recieved is probably ok, but I just get a bit pissed off when we buy something in good faith, and get something different.

hoping I can eventually get a KENDA on my 9Bot

The problem with Ebay nowadays is if you start a claim, Ebay says start a "Return" process. So it basically means that Ebay will support you only once you have returned the item back to the seller for a refund at your own shipping costs.

But some sellers are afraid and just offer you a partial refund.

Archived