Late Nov 2020 Sherman batch from eWheels

brockj

Who else is waiting for their wheel from this batch? The anticipation is driving me crazy, so I decided to post about it.

This is your batch if eWheels sent you a message today saying the container just docked.

I also think it would be interesting to compare notes on any improvements or pervasive issues, once they roll in :roflmao:

Waiting on my Sherman from ewheels. I also got the email yesterday Friday 11/20. Hopefully they ship before Thanksgiving. They said its shipping w the latest updates, latest firmware, thicker wire gauge.. Can't wait to get my Sherman. Do they still ship the battery separately from the wheel?

Edited by Solosmooth
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Negreanu George Ovidiu said:

Sherman said that they rised the pedals..can any of you guys confirm that?

Absolutely. Drop any other questions you have. I know people are going to want to know the firmware versions and whatnot too.

On 11/22/2020 at 12:29 AM, Negreanu George Ovidiu said:

Sherman said that they rised the pedals..can any of you guys confirm that?

Yes, the coming batch is with higher pedal height. 

Best Regards,
Linnea

Guangzhou Veteran Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd.

cleardot.gif

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 2

Yea just got my wheel. Aside from a marvelous piece of engineering in looks and performance, I somehow got shafted with a street tire after it being explained there were only knobby in this container. I had planned to buy a different street tire and wanted the stock knobby. BS cause now I have to afford cracking the seal on a fresh wheel just to get the appropriate tire on for my terrain. :furious:

My wheel came today.

Pedal clearance (distance from floor to bottom of pedal, where it would scrape) looks approximately 5" (12.7 cm) near the pedal hangers and 6" (15.2 cm) at the far edge. They don't feel low to me. They neither give me an impression of being too low nor high; seems perfect. For reference, my rough measurement of the lower part of my KS 18XL's pedals is 4" (10.2 cm).

EUC World reports firmware version 4.32. I borrowed an iPhone to try Darkness Bot but gave up on finding where it reports the firmware version.

It came with the Kenda knobby. I first tried 30 psi which was surprisingly stiff. I found 28 psi to be comfortable. (For reference I usually use 38 psi on my KS 18XL.) I feel like dropping a couple of psi would be safe still. I weigh about 235 lbs.

As for the ride, I'm still getting used to it. It's not difficult by any means, in fact it's easy to control, but it will take time to feel really adept on it like I do on the 18XL. The difference between Strong/Medium/Soft is remarkable, coming from someone more accustomed to the King Song algorithms. I can at least give my impression on that:

Strong: I started here since I'm a fan of the hard mode on the KS. It's similar but somehow.. harder? 
Medium: Felt magical, unlike anything on a KS. Maybe familiar to GW users? Just enough dip to help you dig in.
Soft: Feels plush, but many turns, even small ones dipped in a surprising way. My heart skipped a few beats. So I didn't keep it Soft long.

Speaking of pedal dipping on turns, I thought I should say more since there is curiosity about these firmware differences. I only felt surprised by it on Soft. It feels like a Veteran engineer had a quirky idea and it became Soft mode. It may be fun to mess with at low speeds sometime. I feel no dipping on Strong and just a tiny, helpful dip on Medium. 

Oh, and the blinking front lights are red. 

One more thing to say tonight. I looked down and the tire seems to wobble a bit side-to-side. I haven't discerned how it affects the ride (haven't gone beyond 25mph yet). It could just be irregularities in the knobs. 

I need to test it in daylight to get a better look / video.

47 minutes ago, brockj said:

One more thing to say tonight. I looked down and the tire seems to wobble a bit side-to-side. I haven't discerned how it affects the ride (haven't gone beyond 25mph yet). It could just be irregularities in the knobs. 

I need to test it in daylight to get a better look / video.

I received my wheel on Friday.

The tire was way off! The ride was extremely bumpy even at low speeds. I had to deflate and center it. It took me a few hours to get it as perfect as I can. The difference is night and day. I ride at 23psi and I’m 170lbs with gear.

Such an awesome, powerful wheel. I love soft mode, it makes accelerating and stopping a lot easier. I don’t mind the pedal dip, it helps with turning IMO. The weight of the wheel really bothered me at first but I’m slowing getting used to it. 

I’m glad I chose this wheel instead of one of the suspension wheels. So much power! Very smooth and stable. 

Edited by Ferreal
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, brockj said:

My wheel came today.

Pedal clearance (distance from floor to bottom of pedal, where it would scrape) looks approximately 5" (12.7 cm) near the pedal hangers and 6" (15.2 cm) at the far edge. They don't feel low to me. They neither give me an impression of being too low nor high; seems perfect. For reference, my rough measurement of the lower part of my KS 18XL's pedals is 4" (10.2 cm).

EUC World reports firmware version 4.32. I borrowed an iPhone to try Darkness Bot but gave up on finding where it reports the firmware version.

It came with the Kenda knobby. I first tried 30 psi which was surprisingly stiff. I found 28 psi to be comfortable. (For reference I usually use 38 psi on my KS 18XL.) I feel like dropping a couple of psi would be safe still. I weigh about 235 lbs.

As for the ride, I'm still getting used to it. It's not difficult by any means, in fact it's easy to control, but it will take time to feel really adept on it like I do on the 18XL. The difference between Strong/Medium/Soft is remarkable, coming from someone more accustomed to the King Song algorithms. I can at least give my impression on that:

Strong: I started here since I'm a fan of the hard mode on the KS. It's similar but somehow.. harder? 
Medium: Felt magical, unlike anything on a KS. Maybe familiar to GW users? Just enough dip to help you dig in.
Soft: Feels plush, but many turns, even small ones dipped in a surprising way. My heart skipped a few beats. So I didn't keep it Soft long.

Thank you not forgetting to answer my question, but I do not understand on ewheel it says sherman have 6.9"(170mm)...but what you say is different...i talked with Linnea(owner) and said they rised the pedals...

1 hour ago, Negreanu George Ovidiu said:

Thank you not forgetting to answer my question, but I do not understand on ewheel it says sherman have 6.9"(170mm)...but what you say is different...i talked with Linnea(owner) and said they rised the pedals...

I suspect I may be measuring differently. I'm only measuring to the lowest part of the pedal. But I don't see how any part of it could be said to be 6.9" like the spec sheet says (even the one that came with the wheel says 170mm).

Here's what I'm seeing. Measurements appear ~0.2" higher off since the wheel is leaning against a post. Can anyone say whether this is higher than before?
Untitled.png

1 hour ago, Solosmooth said:

I thought all Sherman from factory for Ewheels are equipped with knobby tire. Is this some random mistake from factory or is Ewheels ordering them with a mix of knobby/street tires like their first batch. What did Jason indicate ? My understanding is it’s big pain to change the tire on that model.

It was a mistake from factory. Jason ordered the knobby and it came w street tire. I wanted the knobby but I don't feel like sending the wheel back and wait another 20 plus days. He made it right by sending me the knobby tire for free. I'll check to see if I keep riding the street tire or switch to knobby in the future.