MSuper X 3200Wh

jdsr4c

Yes, there are two possibilities:
1. Harder - just expand the battery - the additional battery almost certainly doesn't fit inside the shell, so you'd have to make your own shell.
2. Easier - make a backpack battery and charge the wheel while riding (through the charging port).

Do you have any experience in electronics? If not, I strongly advise against doing any modifications. :)

14 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

Yes, there are two possibilities:
1. Harder - just expand the battery - the additional battery almost certainly doesn't fit inside the shell, so you'd have to make your own shell.
2. Easier - make a backpack battery and charge the wheel while riding (through the charging port).

Do you have any experience in electronics? If not, I strongly advise against doing any modifications. :)

I have intermediate level knowledge of electronics and batteries. I do know that I could technically drop these batteries in an MSX and it would work as expected. What I don’t know is how I would connect the additional battery packs to the controller board. I don’t have an MSX to look at and inspect. 

You wouldnt connect them to the board, you would just parallel them to the existing 800wh packs with decent sized wire and XT60 connectors. I would however use an XT90 on the single final power connection to the board.

Of course, that would be if the additional packs fit, which they wont.

8 hours ago, Planemo said:

You wouldnt connect them to the board, you would just parallel them to the existing 800wh packs with decent sized wire and XT60 connectors. I would however use an XT90 on the single final power connection to the board.

Of course, that would be if the additional packs fit, which they wont.

Okay that makes sense. Thanks for confirming.

@meepmeepmayer Every battery pack has an internal balancing circuit. My KS16S worked fine without the third wire. Knowing GotWay, they don't care either. ;)

@jdsr4c Something like this https://www.banggood.com/XT60-Harness-for-2-Packs-in-Parallel-12AWG-Wire-p-1059810.html will work. But before connecting be sure:
1. You connected them in parallel, not in series (you don't want 160V or -160V to the motherboard).
2. You discharged both batteries to within 0.1V. And preferably take a small resistor (10 OHM?) to synchronize them even further. If the voltage difference is too high, you'll destroy the batteries.

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 1