16X bluetooth works for music but not apps

Kryziss

Hi!

I have a 16X since July of this year. Last week, both apps (EUC World and the KS app) stopped detecting my wheel, but the speaker is still detected by my phone (Kingsong Music). I have read that there were two separate bluetooth modules, one for music and one for the app, so one of them might have gone loose. Is there any other possible explanation? If not, I don't know what part I would have to look for if I opened the wheel to fix it. I would really appreciate if someone could help / show me :D I'm lucky my rgb lights were activated so I can at least know my approximate battery level until it's fixed.

Yes, there are two separate BT modules. 

Some of the earlier control boards (v1.4 from memory) had issues with the Bluetooth. If you got your wheel in July this year, I would expect that it should be the newer control board, unless it is "old new stock".

One thing that you can test is to put your phone directly on the top of your 16X (under the handle) and see if it will connect from "close-up". Also try a Bluetooth Meter app on your phone - you can use this to detect the strength of the BT signal. 

As your wheel is new, this type of fault should be covered by warranty.

• Like 3

I put my phone under the handle and it worked instantly! A huge thank you for this :D

Strange thing is that everything seems to be fixed now. I can detect the wheel from any distance, as if nothing ever happened...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kryziss said:

I put my phone under the handle and it worked instantly! A huge thank you for this :D

Strange thing is that everything seems to be fixed now. I can detect the wheel from any distance, as if nothing ever happened...

Good to hear... I will PM you an invoice...   :D

• Like 2