Tesla3 - upgraded motor and battery

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 4:47 AM, alcatraz said:

My tesla v1 is still going strong. It has been very reliable, but I do limit the speed to 30km/h. This becomes a bit more than 30 as I have a 2.5in tire on mine for around 3000km now. Very comfy. (No I didn't modify the shell. I just picked a very compact 2.5in tire. Clearance is small when the tire is new. After a few km it turns silent.)

Do you think that 2.5 in. tire fits the Tesla v2 as well.  If so, where did you order it from ?

On 12/12/2020 at 6:16 AM, TheTraveler said:

Biggest downside for me is the max load of 100kg comparing to the previous 120kg

do you think putting in a larger battery and stronger motor on the same wheel will somehow makes its max load less? these numbers are imaginary xD

56 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

do you think putting in a larger battery and stronger motor on the same wheel will somehow makes its max load less? these numbers are imaginary xD

Pure speculation on my part here but would you think the downgrade in max load is related to the new hollow bore motor & the different axle attachment geometry? Otherwise as you pointed out, it wouldn't make much sense. Even if the numbers are imaginary, then it would make more sense to up the numbers instead of the other way round.

23 hours ago, Xkalibre888 said:

Do you think that 2.5 in. tire fits the Tesla v2 as well.  If so, where did you order it from ?

It's the CST C1488 16x2.5. It's a sensitive install but done correctly, after the wear in period it's smooth sailing. Don't know if the v2 is the same. I would believe so.

Edited by alcatraz
On 1/12/2021 at 6:51 PM, Scottie888 said:

Pure speculation on my part here but would you think the downgrade in max load is related to the new hollow bore motor & the different axle attachment geometry? Otherwise as you pointed out, it wouldn't make much sense. Even if the numbers are imaginary, then it would make more sense to up the numbers instead of the other way round.

it's stronger.. I honestly think they just punch in a made up number without any testing whatsoever as to that

I weigh appro

On 1/13/2021 at 2:51 AM, Scottie888 said:

On the tesla v1 which i remember as being 120kg max load i (90kg) + gear (at least another 5kg) would give my GF (60kg?) piggie-back rides through town for up to 20km, with her even carrying grocery bags on some occasions without issue, but a lot of positive and funny reactions along the ride, especially at red lights when she would dismount and remount when the light turned green lol. 

So i too think the figure is a BS figure like most of their figures are. 

Also don't give piggie-back rides or even worse carry a girl in front of you (like a princess) as it is incredibly reckless and dangerous (i'd always give her my helmet at least)

Edited by xiiijojjo

It's mostly a made up number. Just don't jump and you will be fine. But the pedal column is a longer piece of aluminum to work with the hollow design, and if it is that cast / cheap aluminum I can see it being weaker where it attaches with those 4 small screws.

Being that the axle attachment geometry seems weaker & with all of the hollow bore bearing issues plus the additional weight/width, I'm finding it hard to imagine the V3 being any sort of upgrade over the older versions. 'Cept the battery ofcos. 

Personally I'd go for the 84v MSX that still available on at least one of the ali stores. Tried, true & with more capabilities.

• 5 weeks later...

I'll wait for the V4 with the updated shell 3in tire and 100V battery @ 1800Wh. :D Until then I'll enjoy the lighter weight of the v1.

The tesla wheel well is wide enough to support a 3in tire. The radius from the axle isn't large enough, so the shell needs a redesign.

Adding 1kg+ for a hollow motor is something I'm not looking forward to one bit.

Edited by alcatraz
  • 2 weeks later...