How does the Kenda K340 (EX / Sherman street) ride?

The Kenda K340 (and CST CM610?) seem to become the main alternative to the CST 1488 for EUC street tires.The 1488 seems to wear out quite fast, so I'm more interested in the Kenda K340 as a generalist tire.

How does it ride? Compared to the H666 it might be replacing for example?

Except if I missed something I havent seen much opinions about it, in spite of being stock on a couple of EUCs now.

Edited by null

Thanks, yes I saw this one, his comments are fairly generic, street tire vs cross tire.. 

Edited by null
2 hours ago, null said:

Thanks, yes I saw this one, his comments are fairly generic, street tire vs cross tire..

Yes, I thought you may have seen it before but it's the only comparison out there.  Another tire you may want to look into is the CST C6004, which has a tread pattern similar to the Kenda K340A but with a much more aggressive series of blocks around the edge and 7mm deep tread! 

O1CN01FIFLG01nFyzOPrsNH_!!129665061.jpg

I have just fitted this same tire to my S18 and can't rate it highly enough, it is a fantastic tire in every respect from carving to straight line stability and tight turns!  I still have to try it on some dirt trails, but expect it will also do really well there too, in everything but very deep mud, for a dual purpose tire!

My topic I posted recently regarding the Full overhaul and tire change of the S18 has more information about my fitment of this CST tire and info on some other equivalents!  I also have the Kenda K340A, but chose to fit the CST over the Kenda and I'm really happy with the decision - the S18 rides brilliantly now!

Edited by fbhb

Thanks a lot for the details @fbhb ! Great job with the S18 and writeup.

The CST C6004 looks nice indeed, I like the slightly stiff cushiness and the lower risk of punctures of thick rubber. Besides I don't like changing tyres, so the longer it rolls the better. (hence my distrust to the CST 1488)
I would have asked for the width of the tyre but you had posted it already: 2.85", that is actually exactly the same as I measure on the H666 on the Sherman.

IMG_4845.JPG

Edited by null
53 minutes ago, null said:

The CST C6004 looks nice indeed, I like the slightly stiff cushiness and the lower risk of punctures of thick rubber. Besides I don't like changing tyres, so the longer it rolls the better. (hence my distrust to the CST 1488)

The more I ride on this CST C6004, the more and more it inspires confidence!  I personally think it is going be a very hard tire to beat as an All round option, having only just tried it on some loose off road trails this morning for the first time and coming home even more impressed! 

IMHO, the genuine motor cycle tires are the Only way I will go in future for both the Sherman and the S18, as the usual standard EUC/bicycle tires just cannot compare in performance, toughness and longevity! 

Edited by fbhb

Great to hear, I was worried about the replacement of the H666. And it’s a miracle you managed to get it in the S18, so basically all 18x3 EUCs could use it.

Edited by null
8 hours ago, null said:

Great to hear, I was worried about the replacement of the H666. And it’s a miracle you managed to get it in the S18, so basically all 18x3 EUCs could use it.

I have just proven that very careful alignment during the re-build of the S18 will pretty much allow Any 18x3/2.75-14 tire to fit, so as it does fit the S18 the CST C6004 will definitely fit all other 18x3 EUCs!

I also firmly believe that this could well be the tire that becomes a worthy successor to the well renowned Chao Yang H-666!

126848031_2778701602352801_3065772591328

I've also added a splash of carbon wrap to the front section of the fender and moved the King Song logo from the trolley handle for a better overall look!

Edited by fbhb