Gotway EX.N - speed version - no suspension

EMA

50 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Wait, there might be more variations to be had here...

3 motors, 3 wheels, makes 9 possibilities! We're only at 4/9 now:D

52 minutes ago, travsformation said:

But how long till the RS with an EX motor?

That's the one I'm surprised they didn't yet make. But I guess that would be the EXN in essence.

54 minutes ago, travsformation said:

If the purpose of these cash-grabbing shenanigans isn't to build an underground bunker/evil lair I'm going to be seriously disappointed

Post-Sherman disturbed anthill syndrome?

Anyways, I'm not complaining. Begode certainly is trying new things, like that strange extended heatsink on the EX.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

Because then they'd only get to sell two variations of the EX: the suspension EX and the suspensionless EX. This way, aside from the suspension EX, they can release the non-suspension EX-RS-motor version and a little further down the road (in 3 months tops, based on their recent activity?), the non-suspension EX-EX-motor, which of course, is an upgrade compared to the non-suspension EX with the RS motor. :efee612b4b:

Wait, there might be more variations to be had here...EX-RS-HT and EX-RS-HS....

But how long till the RS with an EX motor? And the suspension EX-RS-HS and suspension EX-RS-HT? Anyone want to bet on it? :facepalm::efee612b4b:

If the purpose of these cash-grabbing shenanigans isn't to build an underground bunker/evil lair I'm going to be seriously disappointed  

People wanted modular and now they have it. Buy a Monster Pro and get 4x batteries. Get an Empty EXN ... put three packs in for EXN and put 2 packs in for RS. 

take the rim off the Monster Pro and put the motor in the EX shell for a non suspension EX. Buy the suspension brackets and have a EX. Put them on the Monster and have a suspension Monster :) 

i am interested in the EXN and then finding a used Monster 22” motor and picking up a V3 control board for a 2700wh Monster V3 in a EX body. 

• Like 3

On 12/22/2020 at 5:19 PM, travsformation said:

Of all the reasons for their behavior, surely "cash-grabbing" is far down the list. There are so many simple/straightforward ways an EUC company like Gotway could easily "win" this market, and yet instead they're flailing about doing whatever it is they're currently doing. ( https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/20747-gotway-exn-speed-version-no-suspension/?do=findComment&comment=344844 )

Edited by AtlasP

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/27/2020 at 3:25 AM, EMA said:

i like it a lot, it's super fun, it's a heavier RS and ride almost like it, a dream in the city, carve machine with huge ground clearance and the best seated riding on the market .

Really? Better than the OG Monster or Monster Pro? 

I still maintain the original Monster was the best seated wheel on the market and it’s not really close. If it were a little faster i’d have kept mine! 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 8:25 AM, EMA said:

i like it a lot, it's super fun, it's a heavier RS and ride almost like it, a dream in the city, carve machine with huge ground clearance and the best seated riding on the market .

I've heard the same. The EX-N seems to be a rather under-rated and ignored wheel amongst the plethora of suspension wheels, new releases and of course the Sherman. But the EX-N really is a nice wheel, awesome handling like an MSX but with a fair chunk more battery and a little more speed. If it wasn't for the fact that range is my No1 priority I would place it above the Sherman.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Really? Better than the OG Monster or Monster Pro? 

I still maintain the original Monster was the best seated wheel on the market and it’s not really close. If it were a little faster i’d have kept mine! 

i think the position for a tall guy is a bit better on the monster (i'm 175cm for reference, but you can always mod the cushion)
in terms of riding the the suspension makes a huge difference when seated (more than standing), i've ridden seated on trails and cobblestone, something i never done on my monster v3

Edited by EMA

I just received my EXN a week ago and i am really happy with it. There is something strange though that i am noticing. I have been on a few rides and on all of them i seem to be getting really high current readings (using EUC world to log the data).
my average current seems to be in the 29A range and the KW max is shown around 18kW. The average cruising speed is around 29km/h with a max around 50km/h. The terrain is not particularly hilly either.

Does the current not seem high? The max current is shown as close to 200A. I weigh in at around 85kg without gear.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Schmudel said:

I just received my EXN a week ago and i am really happy with it. There is something strange though that i am noticing. I have been on a few rides and on all of them i seem to be getting really high current readings (using EUC world to log the data).
my average current seems to be in the 29A range and the KW max is shown around 18kW. The average cruising speed is around 29km/h with a max around 50km/h. The terrain is not particularly hilly either.

Does the current not seem high? The max current is shown as close to 200A. I weigh in at around 85kg without gear.

usually you need to /3 those values on a gotway wheel

On 5/14/2021 at 2:50 AM, Planemo said:

If it wasn't for the fact that range is my No1 priority I would place it above the Sherman.

If it wasn't for the superior quality of the sherman + no hole between wheel well and electronics + dirt spraying right onto rear of mobo cooler (that is poorly sealed = risk of water ingreess there as well) + issues with hollow motor bearings rusting up + begodes (lack of) cable management + overall poor build quality, i would have gone for the ex.n.

Unfortunately they released it in a semi ready state where the user needs to fix a lot of stuff to ride safe (but it seems like a fun wheel, no doubt) + Its on back order in many places.

Sherman has been through a few loops with issues (though not as severe imo) but are now approaching "ready state".

Hence i went for the Sherman of the latest batch with wide rim and slightly higher pedal hangers.

Then I saw the inmotion v12 and heard rumours of the v13 (better bms)  and based on that my next wheel (next year) will likely be an inmotion. 16" is simply more nimble and the quality of the v12 seems to be like comparing a Porsche (Inmotion) with a Lada (Begode) with a Fiat (Sherman) with another lower specced Porsche (Xiaomi/Ninebot) :-)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Boogieman said:

If it wasn't for the superior quality of the sherman + no hole between wheel well and electronics + dirt spraying right onto rear of mobo cooler (that is poorly sealed = risk of water ingreess there as well) + issues with hollow motor bearings rusting up + begodes (lack of) cable management + overall poor build quality, i would have gone for the ex.n.

Unfortunately they released it in a semi ready state where the user needs to fix a lot of stuff to ride safe (but it seems like a fun wheel, no doubt) + Its on back order in many places.

TBH bearing issue is gone and lack of waterproofing can be done in 1h.

To me the ride feeling is way more important than 1h of work to fix those stupid things ;)
jm2c

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Been loving mine as well, wheel is extremely powerful. And far more nimble than i ever expected. Very interested to see how it feels with the new black board. I have 2 friends recieving theirs in a few weeks that have the new board and the smaller motor bearing.

Mine is from ~march production so it has a fuse and the sponge air filter but still has the green board and i think the larger bearings. Have heard the new ones have a smaller hole for the motor cable also? Keen to see the changes

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EMA said:

I've a black board,fw is different from the green one and It's A bit better 👍

Hey Ema, just a quickie for ya. When you say the black mobo is better than the green, what does that mean? Can you elaborate further & hopefully in detail? Eg runs cooler? better components? wheel's performance top end increase? ? ?

Thanks bud

5 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

Hey Ema, just a quickie for ya. When you say the black mobo is better than the green, what does that mean? Can you elaborate further & hopefully in detail? Eg runs cooler? better components? wheel's performance top end increase? ? ?

Thanks bud

the firmware is better, don't know exactly what are the differences in hardware, i don't think they are relevant.

what count is that the wheel perform amazingly

i still need to do my range test with it to do some comparisons

Edited by EMA
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, EMA said:

the firmware is better, don't know exactly what are the differences in hardware, i don't think they are relevant.

what count is that the wheel perform amazingly

i still need to do my range test with it to do some comparisons

Can't wait to see some range tests/results 

I was told the black board can handle a higher current? So not sure how that translates to heat and power delivery but in theory it should be safer. I will be very intersted to see the heat difference, the exn certainly runs hot. I got mine up to 145 degrees the other day without even hitting any real hills. (80 degree day peak speed of 40 mph and lots of stop and go hard hard accelerations as i was practicing take offs for cobras wheel life rally which was unfortunately cancelled) 

• Like 1