How many days you took to get the motherboard of Ninebot One E+ ?

Osram

Hello, a few weeks that I read with enthusiasm and I can not wait any longer to write and ask for help ago.

On November 18 I wrote the engineer because my ninebot stopped working and the wheel was blocked. After completing the excel for the warranty, and send an email with the video where the fault is appreciated, they answered me very quickly that the board should be replaced as soon as possible and would be sent to my home unit.

It's been three weeks and after sending several emails I have not received any response. You think that is normal? I'm desperate and not to complain to. If I was told they have no stock or the reason for the delay I would stay calmer, but no response has me nervous.

I fear that you need a lot of patience.  It seems that emails to Ninebot go direct and unread to the waste basket.
I had to wait 5 weeks for the replacement board and now I´m waiting for the unlock code since 2 weeks (wrote a lot of emails to Ninebot, but no answer)

See here:  http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/2053-nb-e-dead-controller-and-ninebot-service/

Just now, Infornix said:

I fear that you need a lot of patience.  It seems that emails to Ninebot go direct and unread to the waste basket.
I had to wait 5 weeks for the replacement board and now I´m waiting for the unlock code since 2 weeks (wrote a lot of emails to Ninebot, but no answer)

See here:  http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/2053-nb-e-dead-controller-and-ninebot-service/

@InfornixWhat's the unlock code? It took about 3 weeks for me to get mine but after I installed it, the unit would make the turning on sound, but no power would go to the wheel. I assumed they sent me a faulty board.

I've been an expat in China for about 7 years now. I thought I would chip in a little.

If you're dealing with Ninebot in China, then expect very few of their staff to be capable of understanding your email. Most of them won't be able to read English. Those that are able to do so might understand better if you use really simple English. Talk like to a child if possible. And don't complicate your emails with extra words that are not essential. It will just make them nervous and doubt means someone will rather skip responding to your email or handling your case.

It might even help if you use Google Translate and copy/paste the translation below your English version. It might at least give the guy a better gist of the problem so the email can be forwarded to the right dept/person.

Good luck. I hope you get your stuff fixed asap.

@logos122  I don´t think that your new board is faulty.

If you get a new mainboard from Ninebot, it is by default deactivated. (it has a serial number like NxxEA1401A0001).

To activate the board, you need a password from Ninebot.

After installing the new board you have to connect the bot with the APP on your smart phone.  Choose  "settings"  ->  "other settings " -> "change srial number"

The screen shows the current SN of the new board.  In the next field you insert your "old" serial number.  The next field contains a "extra code" that is read from the new board and in the last field you have to insert the password from Ninebot that we all are waiting for since ages.

Just now, Infornix said:

@logos122  I don´t think that your new board is faulty.

If you get a new mainboard from Ninebot, it is by default deactivated. (it has a serial number like NxxEA1401A0001).

To activate the board, you need a password from Ninebot.

After installing the new board you have to connect the bot with the APP on your smart phone.  Choose  "settings"  ->  "other settings " -> "change srial number"

The screen shows the current SN of the new board.  In the next field you insert your "old" serial number.  The next field contains a "extra code" that is read from the new board and in the last field you have to insert the password from Ninebot that we all are waiting for since ages.

Ohh I see. Thanks for that info. When they release the password, do you mind posting it to the forum, if it's not a unique password.

For those that need an unlock code for their Ninebot boards, taking a screenshot may accelerate your process.  This is what I had to provide Ninebot to receive my code.  Note that I made a mistake on my serial number for my original unit.  They corrected me on this with the check code.  The 'N20' should have been 'N2O' <-- Letter O and not a zero.

When I entered the check code, it took several attempts before it finally accepted it.  

Screenshot_20151123-223838.thumb.png.ab5

I think that it is a unique password, because otherwise they would not need the additional code in the third line.

But it may help, if people post their screenshots with all four lines filled. So it may be possible to find the algorythm to create the password

ie I'm on the first floor not knowing what day begin to answer emails and then there is still another level which is the code to unlock the motherboard.

This perhaps spring rhythm reuse my ninebot.
As for the language I also think that the engineer with whom I spoke better English than I know, it's not very difficult.

Anyone have a theory why anyone not answer emails? Ninebot believed was a serious business and so I had said to this day

5 hours ago, Infornix said:

Me temo que lo que necesita mucha paciencia. Parece que los correos electrónicos a Ninebot ir directa y sin leer al cesto de la basura.
Tuve que esperar 5 semanas para la placa de repuesto y ahora estoy esperando a que el código de desbloqueo desde hace 2 semanas (Escribe un montón de correos electrónicos a Ninebot, pero ninguna respuesta )

Ver aquí:  http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/2053-nb-e-dead-controller-and-ninebot-service/

I read your case and the truth is just what happened to me.I do not understand why Mother sent after the first plate and unlock code. It would be best to send everything together, but maybe it's for security

Hi. I have now received my code and I have unlocked it. Updated from 1.2.9. to 1.3.0. It worked without any problems for the 5km test ride. 

I sent mail to Ninebot about my problem the 31:st of october and had a working unit the 7th of December.

I also added a quick guide for warranty claim of fried control board that might save some valuable time for you and Ninebot.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/1644-ninebot-c-died/?do=findComment&comment=22734

11 hours ago, SlowMo said:

The engineer that I was dealing with types better english than me.:huh:

I said "very few". I didn't say none. :) Besides, someone else may have to check your emails and know how to forward it to. Not every email gets to an engineer who is proficient with English. :P

I've lived in China for 7 years. That engineer is a rarity.

7 minutes ago, playdad said:

I said "very few". I didn't say none. :) Besides, someone else may have to check your emails and know how to forward it to. Not every email gets to an engineer who is proficient with English. :P

I've lived in China for 7 years. That engineer is a rarity.

The email goes to 3 addresses. I'm sending reminders almost every day to bug them. all of them don't reply. They are hiding from their obligations. This is typical of Ninebot. For sure, no more Ninebot One purchases for me in the future. Just a waste of money.

Hi Slowmo,

I'm not sure if its just Ninebot. I suppose it's easier to ignore overseas customers once the deal is done and money collected. And the bigger the brand is.. the easier it gets since they're less worried about a few bad reviews from "foreigners".

When I bought a Chinese action cam lately that promotes itself heavily on dashcamtalk/rcgroups forums... I mentioned my being on those forums to their support guy and he went "Oh are you a foreigner?" They don't expect their Chinese base to really check such forums and unless the "foreigners" are the main market.. they will probably pay less heed for support issues too. I guess having a local reseller would make a difference here!

7 minutes ago, playdad said:

Hi Slowmo,

I'm not sure if its just Ninebot. I suppose it's easier to ignore overseas customers once the deal is done and money collected. And the bigger the brand is.. the easier it gets since they're less worried about a few bad reviews from "foreigners".

When I bought a Chinese action cam lately that promotes itself heavily on dashcamtalk/rcgroups forums... I mentioned my being on those forums to their support guy and he went "Oh are you a foreigner?" They don't expect their Chinese base to really check such forums and unless the "foreigners" are the main market.. they will probably pay less heed for support issues too. I guess having a local reseller would make a difference here!

Please man. Stick to the topic of EUC's.

@Cranium  They definitely shipped replacement boards with the firmware version 1.2.9

November 27th.   after more than 5 weeks the new controller board arrived:

shipping date Nov.23rd. 2015 !!!  (three days after the 1.2.9 Version desaster was public)

FIRMWARE VERSION of the  new board  1.2.9 !!!

In the meantime I managed it to update the board to version 1.3.0, but I am still waiting for the password to activate the new board.

Ian from speedyfeet.uk and I wrote a lot of mails to different email addresses at Ninebot  -  But since two weeks there is no response !

It´s a shame !  :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Screenshot from the replacement board

5669548d5096a_Screenshot_2015-11-27-17-5

4 hours ago, Infornix said:

@Cranium  They definitely shipped replacement boards with the firmware version 1.2.9

November 27th.   after more than 5 weeks the new controller board arrived:

shipping date Nov.23rd. 2015 !!!  (three days after the 1.2.9 Version desaster was public)

FIRMWARE VERSION of the  new board  1.2.9 !!!

In the meantime I managed it to update the board to version 1.3.0, but I am still waiting for the password to activate the new board.

Ian from speedyfeet.uk and I wrote a lot of mails to different email addresses at Ninebot  -  But since two weeks there is no response !

It´s a shame !  :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Screenshot from the replacement board

5669548d5096a_Screenshot_2015-11-27-17-5

So I guess our control boards were made when 1.2.9. were in the testing phase?

4 hours ago, Infornix said:

They definitely shipped replacement boards with the firmware version 1.2.9

That is a shocker!  WTF?  :blink:

Is it a Black PCB board (1.3) or a Green PCB board (1.3.1)?

Archived