Source of Gotway Tesla pedal screws?

I_Must_Bust

Is there a good source for pedal screws that'll fit my a Gotway Tesla that doesn't take aliexpress-length times for shipping?

It looks like the tesla I bought was missing one of the screws that holds the pedal peg/axel in place. Seems dangerous even though I've apparently done over 200km without noticing. 

The threads aren't stripped so I doubt it fell out and seems more likely that it was never there to start.

If you know the size and thread pitch -  search Ace, Home Depot, McMaster-Carr or even Amazon. Or take the other similar crew to Home Depot and try it on their sizing tool to be accurate. Also, apply medium thread locker for safety.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surfling said:

If you know the size and thread pitch -  search Ace, Home Depot, McMaster-Carr or even Amazon. Or take the other similar crew to Home Depot and try it on their sizing tool to be accurate. Also, apply medium thread locker for safety.

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately I don't know 

In case you missed this........"Or take the other similar screw to Home Depot and try it on their sizing tool to be accurate. Also, apply medium thread locker for safety."

At Home Depot, the sizing tool has threaded-studs and threaded-holes for correct sizing. It's located in the hardware aisle by the assorted bolts/screws section. 

Edited by Surfling
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, I_Must_Bust said:

Fantastic. There's no issue with using regular hex head rather than cup set that you know of? I don't see the point of the cup set ones other than aesthetics

I ran mine with a long brass bolt whilst I was waiting for the cup screws to arrive. The only thing is it'll stick out and look shite I guess.  Try you local gotway dealer as you can probably buy the OEM screws from them too.  I always clean them off and add a little thread lock so they don't come out.  Messy though due to the course pitch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 8:58 AM, I_Must_Bust said:

The threads aren't stripped so I doubt it fell out and seems more likely that it was never there to start.

Actually they vibrate loose & if not tightened, they slip out. My Mten3 tends to do that quite often til I applied loctite blue. Regardless its good practise to check 'em screws for tightness every few rides. Don't take much time & saves lotsa potential stress.