Seated Riding - Beginner to Beginner

WILSONEUC

Hello! Naturally I make a video to explain new things in my riding journey. But this time around, I will talk and discuss to you the 5 fundamentals to riding seated. I write this to you fresh from the experience riding seated for the first time today!

1.)Obtain a Seat for your wheel. Test by holding on to something, get on your wheel standing up, then sit down. If your wheel has power pads on them and you are not restricted by them while sitting, you are good to go!

2.)Practice first in an open area, on grass. Gain speed, at least 6-10mph. Hunch forward be mindful of your balance and terrain. Prepare one hand out front, and another hand grabbing front of the seat. Prepare to sit down, slowly....slowly.... 

3.)Look forward and lean a little bit. hands out front. If you have to stop, lean back your body weight.  If you dump your wheel. Its ok. 

4.)Practice more trying to mount the seat and get to the point where you can ride in circles in the open area.

5.)Once you are able to ride seated, look forward, slow down by leaning back, widen your stance and then carefully get use to standing up.

Put all these in practice and you will be riding seated within 10-15 minutes.

Be confident and sure you can do all these steps before going on the open road before attempting to ride seated. 

Edited by WILSON-YT
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I would start with points 2 and 3 and just learnt how to do squats while on EUC. That can be done without a seat, even on smaller EUCs and it is useful whenever you need to just ride under a fallen tree, under branches, or in mud (getting the center of gravity as low as possible). The other points will be easy-peasy afterwards.

• Like 1