Clark Pads V2 non-expert review (UPDATED 3.18.21)

WILSONEUC

• 5 weeks later...

Got mine yesterday and have exact same thoughts. I tried mine higher up on the 16x so I'm not too locked in, but trying to go seated and up and again on the dime won't happen. Harder material than the 5$ neoprene jump pads I made, so movements on the wheel are more jerky. Like you said, perfect for doing jumps and tricks, but cruising around and wanting to sit and stand when I need to, over and over, I didn't feel safe doing so. I'm selling mine if I find a buyer local (Toronto, Ontario, Canada), because these aren't for me. I tried to like them. Same 9/10 score from me as well. Was 290$ cdn to get them to my door yesterday.

Edited by Dreygun

On 11/16/2020 at 2:31 PM, WILSON-YT said:

4.)The possibility of not able to bail from your wheel freely when locked in with clark pads.

I feel uncomfortable using Clark Pads for this reason.  When traveling at high speeds you sometimes have to prepare for the possibility of bailing unexpectedly.  Clark Pads add another hurdle to overcome when having to bail on a wheel.  

I do enjoy the pads for quick acceleration and braking.  They are perfect for off road.  8.5/10

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 7:18 PM, Dreygun said:

Got mine yesterday and have exact same thoughts. I tried mine higher up on the 16x so I'm not too locked in, but trying to go seated and up and again on the dime won't happen. Harder material than the 5$ neoprene jump pads I made, so movements on the wheel are more jerky. Like you said, perfect for doing jumps and tricks, but cruising around and wanting to sit and stand when I need to, over and over, I didn't feel safe doing so. I'm selling mine if I find a buyer local (Toronto, Ontario, Canada), because these aren't for me. I tried to like them. Same 9/10 score from me as well. Was 290$ cdn to get them to my door yesterday.

Please let me know how many grams are your  both clarkpads?

Thank you very much!

• WILSONEUC changed the title to Clark Pads V2 non-expert review (UPDATED 3.18.21)