Batteries in paralell

Oily

1 hour ago, Yashaya Yasharahla said:

http://www.jd-mania.com/shop/item.php?it_id=1444375088

If you look at the link above, my plan is to buy two of those batteries and connect them to my existing batteries (640 Wh [340*2] ). However, the plugs in the link are clear/white instead of black. Does it matter? Do the smaller plugs need a Y-connector? 

I really appreciate your help. This makes connecting everything so much simpler. I wish there was a YouTube video on how to do these things step by step. I am a newbie and I would rather I damage the wheel's batteries than someone or a complete stranger do so. I believe I can do this. The BMS boards are already contained in the battery and all, so I don't need to worry about too much of the technical stuff. These new batteries have the same specs as my existing batteries and that's why I want to connect them to my Kingsong 18in :D Thanks a lot, Zlymex!

If there is a switch on the battery pack, you need to remove it since it's not necessary and error prone. The charge connector looks weird too to me but you need to replace it anyway by the same plug pair as you EUC.

I don't have the video and cannot upload to youtube  Just a photo will with comments:
1. find the same plug-socket pair as the charge connector, disassemble the cores and attach copper wires between males and females
2. solder them
3. put them back as pairs leaving certain space(which is pre-measured)
4. inser a Teflon block to insulate and support, solder the charge wires from the battery. Be careful not to short circuit them and double check the polarity
5. apply heat shrinkable tube
chargec.jpg.eab41dd7a7088aee8f8d864ba458

For the discharge connectors, here is the photo before the tubing.
20150924_212352s.jpg.63b237291c8c13f94ce

Edit: photo and procedure above are for "Adding an internal battery pack for Gotway MSuper2".

If your aim is to add two external battery packs for KS-18, that will be entirely different. Rough procedure will be:
---- make a Y connector for discharge(yellow one as above)
---- find a 3 core male socket(same as the charge port on the EUC) and solder the two wires from the Y-connector
---- drill a hole somewhere on the body of KS-18 and mount the male socket
---- connect the Y-connector in between the last battery and the mainboard
---- parallel those two battery packs as a single one
---- insert the external pack only when it and the EUC are fully charged.

If you find this procedure difficult to understand, then I suggest not to do it in the first place or find someone do it for you.

22 hours ago, zlymex said:

If there is a switch on the battery pack, you need to remove it since it's not necessary and error prone. The charge connector looks weird too to me but you need to replace it anyway by the same plug pair as you EUC.

I don't have the video and cannot upload to youtube  Just a photo will with comments:
1. find the same plug-socket pair as the charge connector, disassemble the cores and attach copper wires between males and females
2. solder them
3. put them back as pairs leaving certain space(which is pre-measured)
4. inser a Teflon block to insulate and support, solder the charge wires from the battery. Be careful not to short circuit them and double check the polarity
5. apply heat shrinkable tube
chargec.jpg.eab41dd7a7088aee8f8d864ba458

For the discharge connectors, here is the photo before the tubing.
20150924_212352s.jpg.63b237291c8c13f94ce

Edit: photo and procedure above are for "Adding an internal battery pack for Gotway MSuper2".

If your aim is to add two external battery packs for KS-18, that will be entirely different. Rough procedure will be:
---- make a Y connector for discharge(yellow one as above)
---- find a 3 core male socket(same as the charge port on the EUC) and solder the two wires from the Y-connector
---- drill a hole somewhere on the body of KS-18 and mount the male socket
---- connect the Y-connector in between the last battery and the mainboard
---- parallel those two battery packs as a single one
---- insert the external pack only when it and the EUC are fully charged.

If you find this procedure difficult to understand, then I suggest not to do it in the first place or find someone do it for you.

I really appreciate the explanation, but I just wanted to clarify that I want to connect the new batteries internally, not externally. Thank you so much^^

1 hour ago, Yashaya Yasharahla said:

I really appreciate the explanation, but I just wanted to clarify that I want to connect the new batteries internally, not externally. Thank you so much^^

It's a pleasure. The internal charge connector for KS-18A is a different type called T-connector. For internal battery packs, you can either make/buy a Y-connector of the T-connector like pic below, or make a wire connection to a pair of T-connector 

Y-T.jpg

45 minutes ago, zlymex said:

It's a pleasure. The internal charge connector for KS-18A is a different type called T-connector. For internal battery packs, you can either make/buy a Y-connector of the T-connector like pic below, or make a wire connection to a pair of T-connector 

Y-T.jpg

Another name for the T-connector is Deans -connector.

Archived