Is Velcro strong enough to hold jump pads in place?

rexdelmolvo

Dumb question, but I got Clark Pads for my V11 and some Velcro to attach them so I can mess around with placement. Velcro seems to work for power pads when used for acceleration and braking, but will it be strong enough to hold as I lift the wheel’s weight with it? For reference, these are the Velcro strips I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H3R9S1K/ref=psdcmw_401521011_t1_B00FQ937NM

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rexdelmolvo said:

Dumb question, but I got Clark Pads for my V11 and some Velcro to attach them so I can mess around with placement. Velcro seems to work for power pads when used for acceleration and braking, but will it be strong enough to hold as I lift the wheel’s weight with it? For reference, these are the Velcro strips I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H3R9S1K/ref=psdcmw_401521011_t1_B00FQ937NM

I'd of thought so, the velcro is hard to get off when you peel it off so upward force will be even stronger,  I try to jump with my fly pads and it holds  ,, I've also put the jumping on hold as I only leave the ground an inch ,I can't even jump my mten3 lol

Usually it's very strong if you put it all over the shell and the pad which gives you a large surface area, for V11 I'm not sure depends on how much contact it gets, how is the Velcro attached to the V11?

36 minutes ago, stephen said:

Probably with 3m tape what's on the velcro 

That's not what I'm asking.. I'm wondering about the contact point, do you attach it to the sliding part or the shell? How large is the surface area that it will be attached to.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

That's not what I'm asking.. I'm wondering about the contact point, do you attach it to the sliding part or the shell? How large is the surface area that it will be attached to.

You can only attach it to the stem below the saddle it's about 4/5 inches across by the length of the pads so there's plenty of contact ,, you can't attach to the shell 

Yeah, it attaches to the saddle brackets, the part that moves with the pedals/suspensions. I just got the wheel, the brackets are much wider than I thought. I should be able to put 4inches of velcro along it vertically, and then a horizontal strip or two across the top? I'm not gonna try till tomorrow, I'm out of daylight today.

• Like 2