Home Made Wheel Harness

Norwich Girl

Thought you might like our solution for carrying a wheel.....My wheeling buddy Cecily and I, had a great idea for a harness to carry any wheel, which can be folded away neatly and put in your pocket yet it is strong enough for the biggest wheels. She had an Airwheel ruck sack but it's a chore riding around with it in the summer. I tried the Airwheel 'rod' which you can fix on to 'tow' along the wheel when not riding, but found it impossible to steer without the battery switched on. Since the whole point was to carry the wheel as easily as possible if the battery ran out, that was no good either. We couldn't find anything on the market we liked so made our own! Works perfectly and this is how we did it...

Bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Think-Tank-Shoulder-Harness-V2-0/dp/B0044EFJ9K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449581155&sr=8-1&keywords=think+tank+shoulder+harness

Then added two winged bolts with eyelets, (expand when you screw them in) to the pedal on the wheel, then all you do is clip the harness to the eyelet! And there you have it...and it works great!

20151208_133708.jpg

20151208_133803.jpg

20151208_133822.jpg

20151208_134341.jpg

20151208_134416.jpg

It's minimal and clean looking. May work for 14 inch or lite weight wheels. I couldn't tell how comfortable it is, for a LONG walk. After some real walk every Lb/Kg feels like a lot. Personally I would prefer some kind of nice integrated trolley. So far I only liked the design of KS 16 in model prototype trolley. 

Yes but I bet they don't have a cool yellow happy face on their wheel!   :D  I adds a like.

This is awesome!  I also like the potential for extending the pedal length.  I was trying to figure out a way to mount motorcycle pegs somewhere around there that swivel in and out - let me know if anyone has made that kind of mod.

Archived