3 hours ago, Guy said:

HI. Just a note. My Nik+ did come with the Gotway pads. I tried them and found them too uncomfortable. I did order and receive a RollNZ cover and love it. I can grip the wheel with my legs and not slide. The cover is made off a fabric covered wetsuit material with about a 1/4 inch ~5 mm thickness and fits tightly over the wheel. I'm still having a problem designing and fitting a seat attached to the handle. The seat would interfere with the zipper that closes the cover over the handle. Anyway, I find the RollNZ cover provides the extra grip and additional width I like while riding. I do only tour on the wheel. More aggressive riding probably would require more aggressive pads. Peace from Maine...Guy

You know, I've had a few of the RollNZ covers in the past, I need to check them out for the Nik, I was concerned that it would cover up the cool lights, I know, but it would protest the wheel as well as provide more grip.  Thanks!!  Oh, I didn't even consider the stock pads, no way I think they'd be comfortable, they're super on my MCM5 though!

Edit: Problem solved, the RollNZ does not cover up the cool RGB's so I'll be ordering one today (black sides/flouro green edges)!!

Edited by RetroThruster
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ditch the RS and get the Nikola. I see you have an mten3. Just imagine a bigger more comfortable mten3 with all that fun gyro and great acceleration. It is definitely more comfy then the 16x as you ha

And done!!  Heard back from Jason, he's quite possibly shipping the Nikola today, super excited!!  Thanks for all the insight guys!!   Also, I bought a Ruroc Berserker helmet to go with it, it's

Well shit the bed, I'm emailing eWheels now to change my order!!  You only live once right?:/ Not trying to get y'all in the doghouse with the wife but there is safety in numbers, I'll blame it o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I'd be very interested to know if the cover allows you to grip the wheel for hard braking and whether you think the supplied pads are worthwhile. 

Okay, I'll be sure to update with the RollNZ.  I'm not sure the stock pads would be comfortable, the shell is pretty wide up top and I'm afraid they'd cut into my legs, if they were bigger and thinner I would try them but I just don't think they'll be comfortable.

Mike had mentioned this tire that is on my Nikola ( CST C-1773), it does everything so damn good, I'd like to order another one just to have, I'm in the US, does anyone know where to source this tire?

I am also loving my Nik+

I couldn't use the stock pads, you are right, the combined width makes it very uncomfortable. 

I went with some Power Pads and they feel great. After experimenting I ended off-setting them to be closer to the rear to suit my leg stance. I would upload a photo but cannot work out how do so right now.

I also have the Roll-NZ cover and it stretch's over these pads and you can ride it just fine. I didn't need to secure with velcro or anything. Contact directly with the pads feels a bit nicer but I usually leave the cover on for protection sake.

22 hours ago, Cribbs said:

I am also loving my Nik+

I couldn't use the stock pads, you are right, the combined width makes it very uncomfortable. 

I went with some Power Pads and they feel great. After experimenting I ended off-setting them to be closer to the rear to suit my leg stance. I would upload a photo but cannot work out how do so right now.

I also have the Roll-NZ cover and it stretch's over these pads and you can ride it just fine. I didn't need to secure with velcro or anything. Contact directly with the pads feels a bit nicer but I usually leave the cover on for protection sake.

Good to know that you can stretch the RollNZ over the power pads, I might try that in the future!!

aac&sz=4160

aac&sz=4160

I worked out how to upload photos, so here are a couple of the Power Pads on, with and without the Bodyguard cover.

The wheel looks like pregnant Guppy until you squeeze with your knees and compress the fabric that is stretched across the fat part of the pads. Its comfortable enough however and an improvement over having no pads, with the benefit of top notch protection.

5 hours ago, Cribbs said:

aac&sz=4160

aac&sz=4160

I worked out how to upload photos, so here are a couple of the Power Pads on, with and without the Bodyguard cover.

The wheel looks like pregnant Guppy until you squeeze with your knees and compress the fabric that is stretched across the fat part of the pads. Its comfortable enough however and an improvement over having no pads, with the benefit of top notch protection.

Looks like they don't show up. I usually just paste my pictures. So you can open them in an imaging viewing program and then copy to clipboard and paste from clipboard.