InMotion V11 Batch #3 Clarification Needed

FLHANDSTER

Just looking for some clarification surrounding the InMotion V11 Batch Productions:

Does anyone know what the latest updates are on the Batch #3 and/or later versions as it relates to the following:

- VALVE CAP (bottom). What color is it supposed to be, etc? A updated pic would be nice.
- How does one know they indeed have the RS MOTOR BEARINGS on their unit? Is there a marking, etc.?
- What are the SADDLE SCREWS supposed to be like on the Batch #3 and later productions? Is the design with metal overlayed clamps or did they upgrade the screw holes with a metal insert to reinforce the saddle screws and reduce potential breakage? Pics would be great.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! :)
  • Like 2

i received my batch 3a V11 from ewheels last saturday.

- the valve cap is red and sits almost flush with the bottom of the shock

- i don't know how to determine anything about the bearings without opening the wheel

- the top saddle holes are reinforced with small metal clamps that are screwed into the saddle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FLHANDSTER said:
Just looking for some clarification surrounding the InMotion V11 Batch Productions:

Does anyone know what the latest updates are on the Batch #3 and/or later versions as it relates to the following:

- VALVE CAP (bottom). What color is it supposed to be, etc? A updated pic would be nice.
- How does one know they indeed have the RS MOTOR BEARINGS on their unit? Is there a marking, etc.?
- What are the SADDLE SCREWS supposed to be like on the Batch #3 and later productions? Is the design with metal overlayed clamps or did they upgrade the screw holes with a metal insert to reinforce the saddle screws and reduce potential breakage? Pics would be great.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! :)

Now I get this info by having contect with Inmotion on telegram.

About bearings: 1st batc had Z bearing (all betal), 2nd batch/a few late 1st batch got RS bearing (has a rubber seal), 3rd batch had motor changes (but no details other than improved motor) and so far I recall still having RS bearing. 

About saddel screws: it is a weap spot fixed by a reenforcing metal braket screwed on. In waiting for thse to arrive some resellers made some 3d printed versions but not as string. Later 3rd batch should now start to have a new saddel design with metal inserts for the screws.

Yes it has not been problem free, but Inmotion has addressed issues reported. But is if hard to tell if there is a high problem rate compares to sales. People report stuff on telegram, but you don't see how many that have a problem free wheel. Mine was fine until, My V11 1st batch early version tipped over and I tried to catch it, It got full weight tipping sideways as I bumped the wheel getting my mc suit off. As I grabbed the far end of saddel part the plastic mount (top) snapped, but still fully rideable. 

I am waiting for accessories parts from Inmotion (ordered seat, pads and pedals) and hope to get a saddel fix kit too. I hope this answers your questions. if you ordred a wheel you should ask your vendor for version details. The community have not way of know where your order fit into the iteration of changes.

otherwise I suggest to join telegram and see the debates here for details as they are shared.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, buffs said:

i received my batch 3a V11 from ewheels last saturday.

- the valve cap is red and sits almost flush with the bottom of the shock

- i don't know how to determine anything about the bearings without opening the wheel

- the top saddle holes are reinforced with small metal clamps that are screwed into the saddle

Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

About bearings: 1st batc had Z bearing (all betal), 2nd batch/a few late 1st batch got RS bearing (has a rubber seal), 3rd batch had motor changes (but no details other than improved motor) and so far I recall still having RS bearing. 

About saddel screws: it is a weap spot fixed by a reenforcing metal braket screwed on. In waiting for thse to arrive some resellers made some 3d printed versions but not as string. Later 3rd batch should now start to have a new saddel design with metal inserts for the screws.

Yes it has not been problem free, but Inmotion has addressed issues reported. But is if hard to tell if there is a high problem rate compares to sales. People report stuff on telegram, but you don't see how many that have a problem free wheel. Mine was fine until, My V11 1st batch early version tipped over and I tried to catch it, It got full weight tipping sideways as I bumped the wheel getting my mc suit off. As I grabbed the far end of saddel part the plastic mount (top) snapped, but still fully rideable. 

I am waiting for accessories parts from Inmotion (ordered seat, pads and pedals) and hope to get a saddel fix kit too. I hope this answers your questions. if you ordred a wheel you should ask your vendor for version details. The community have not way of know where your order fit into the iteration of changes.

otherwise I suggest to join telegram and see the debates here for details as they are shared.

Thank you for taking the time to share. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 12:40 AM, Unventor said:

3rd batch had motor changes (but no details other than improved motor) and so far I recall still having RS bearing.

Hello, do you have any additional details about the improved motor?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SamSuffit said:

Hello, do you have any additional details about the improved motor?

I don't recall that Liam said more than the optimise it or change manufacturer. It is a in-house design made by Inmotion but motor is build to Inmotion specifications by 3rd party motor maker. 

• Like 1

I just received my Inmotion V11 , batch 3 but i can not update the firmware to 1.2.1, the current version is 1.1.64.

It show me that I need an upgrade , it start to update but nothing  happens!

Can somebody  to help my what to do ?

2 hours ago, BogdanM said:

I just received my Inmotion V11 , batch 3 but i can not update the firmware to 1.2.1, the current version is 1.1.64.

It show me that I need an upgrade , it start to update but nothing  happens!

Can somebody  to help my what to do ?

Have you owned any previous Inmotion wheel and used the app on that? If so try clear app cache and data to clean the app, that did it for me, somehow my old V10F data was interfering and clearing the app everything worked.

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2020 at 1:40 AM, Unventor said:

Sorry!

My name is Bogdan from Romania and maybe  you can help me :

I have some bearings problems with my new V11 batch 3 ( I received it în 29.11.2020 în Romania)after 450 km and I want to ask you if you know what are the exactly bearings I can have on my Euc ? I think I ll need 6816 2Rs but I am nor sure !

Thank you very much !

7 hours ago, BogdanM said:

Sorry!

My name is Bogdan from Romania and maybe  you can help me :

I have some bearings problems with my new V11 batch 3 ( I received it în 29.11.2020 în Romania)after 450 km and I want to ask you if you know what are the exactly bearings I can have on my Euc ? I think I ll need 6816 2Rs but I am nor sure !

Thank you very much !

Nope and I doubt you will find a name to go with them. 

Most products like these are build with oem parts or special select/designs parts. It is part of making it harder to copy by competitor. 

By special parts you will often see they are ordered to specific price point to make a product produce a profit. Most Chinese companies will use domestic parts and I expect Inmotion to do this too. You see similar things in different branches. 

7 hours ago, BogdanM said:

V11 batch 3

what are the exactly bearings

I think I ll need 6816 2Rs

Inmotion changed V11 motor covers from bearing size 6816, to size 6916.

It's best to confirm it by inspecting the markings on your old bearings. The size code will be etched on the edge of the metal race, or molded into the seal, or both.

Or, measure them:
6816 is 100mm outer diamater;
6916 is 110mm.

They both use 'rubber seals, both sides' which is seal code 2RS, as you said.

The brand is unknown, but standard-fit bearings of this size should be compatible, because the size is standardized by industry.

Hope this helps

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 10:05 AM, BogdanM said:

Thank you very much!

Hi, did you ever get around to finding out which bearing you have and get it fixed? It would be interesting to know if you had small (6816) or large (6916) bearings, thus dictating if you actually had batch 2 or batch 3 motor.

8 hours ago, BogdanM said:

I change my bearings on my Euc after 450km ( 50 km on snow)

I have  6816 bearings on my V11 batch 3a and I found  some Skf 6816 2rs bearings: hope to be ok !

Ok thank you, 6816 is batch 2 not batch 3, batch 3 motor has 6916 bearing, important info. 😊

34 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Ok thank you, 6816 is batch 2 not batch 3, batch 3 motor has 6916 bearing, important info. 😊

The bearings as well as the saddle mounting points changed in the middle of the 3rd batch, which is why they are referred to as batch 3a or 3b.

AFAIK the new thicker style saddle mounting brackets point to having the new 6916 bearings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

The bearings as well as the saddle mounting points changed in the middle of the 3rd batch, which is why they are referred to as batch 3a or 3b.

AFAIK the new thicker style saddle mounting brackets point to having the new 6916 bearings.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone with the 6916 bearings had any problems thus far, so far I have seen pretty inconclusive information around this, also in a Instagram post by Inmotion with the V11 in snow there was a vague comment about "we have a solution coming soon" indicating that it isn't solved, so not sure what to make of all this.

I did the motor swap and went from 6816 to 6916 but I am too afraid to use it in winter condition in risk of motor #2 getting bearing issues as well.

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

It would be interesting to hear if anyone with the 6916 bearings had any problems thus far, so far I have seen pretty inconclusive information around this, also in a Instagram post by Inmotion with the V11 in snow there was a vague comment about "we have a solution coming soon" indicating that it isn't solved, so not sure what to make of all this.

I did the motor swap and went from 6816 to 6916 but I am too afraid to use it in winter condition in risk of motor #2 getting bearing issues as well.

In the Inmotion chat a few people have mentioned that the 6916 bearings did not change things much. They still have large enough tolerances, and tend to run a bit dry.

One guy has shared 3D print files to cover bearings with, and he has done a marvelous job. Applying a generous amount of grease and the covers should keep the bearings running well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

In the Inmotion chat a few people have mentioned that the 6916 bearings did not change things much. They still have large enough tolerances, and tend to run a bit dry.

One guy has shared 3D print files to cover bearings with, and he has done a marvelous job. Applying a generous amount of grease and the covers should keep the bearings running well.

Yeah I saw that, very interesting, maybe I should try to get it printed and get some grease but I dread taking the wheel apart yet again. 😬

13 hours ago, BogdanM said:

I change my bearings on my Euc after 450km ( 50 km on snow)

I have  6816 bearings on my V11 batch 3a and I found  some Skf 6816 2rs bearings: hope to be ok !

Why don’t you use the S6816-2RS which is made in stainless steel?

Edited by Spiken
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Guys, help needed. What is the color of the saddle screw on batch 3? Friends said it supposed to be gunmetal instead of regular silver. Is it true?

Thank you so much

Edited by Sevenfire